1 Bag per Fashion House Challenge??

MrsSlocomb

Jan 15, 2020
Anyone ever think about editing their handbag collection using a 1 bag per Fashion House rule? I think this would be really fun because while I will have to sell some but I can BUY some bags during this edit. I will have to sell my LVs BUT I can buy a Prada or Chloe bag to replace them because I don't have any of those in my collection.
This is an ironic thought for me because I just ordered a Loewe Mini Hammock when I have sooo many Loewe bags.

I don't know if I'll be able to do it, but its an interesting thought experiment.

Current state of my collection (Not including SLGs):
YSL: 1
Loewe: 4 (including the one on the way)
Givenchy: 1
LV: 4
Chanel: 1
Celine: 4
Hermes: 1
Faure Le Page: 2

Well, if done right it should save me space and money
For example if I sold 3 if my Leowe, 3 of my LVs, and 3 of my Celine, then I would be down 9 bags. But then I buy a Prada, a Fendi, and a Chloe
Then my net at the end of this would be 6 LESS bags in my collection. I may just break even on the money side of it.
But the end result of this would be I downsized my collection WHILE having the fun of buying new bags!

There is no way this could work for me. :lol: There are some brands that perfectly fit my aesthetic and some that really don’t. So I tend to stick to Dior, Chanel, Fendi & YSL. But, I think a few tPF’rs like @msd_bags have purposefully sampled all or almost all the brands to give their collections some beautiful variety. Perhaps they can share tips and pictures. :smile:

Reactions: leechiyong