05 Rouge Theatre, 05 Bordeaux, 06 Rouge VIF, 06 Grenat, 07 Tomato and 08 Ruby

I don't know if it's the leather, but Ruby looks somewhat flat to me. It's a very beautiful red, but it's not as vibrant as Tomato. I have 3 Tomatoes and 2 of them are more orange-y while the third has more blue tones. There's definitely variation with Tomato, but I like it more than the other reds (except RT of course :P) because it's multifaceted -- there are only some Bal colors that can take on entirely new hues under different lighting. Tomato is really special in that respect -- it's a very lively color and the leather is usually very consistent.

Last edited:
I don't know if it's the leather, but Ruby looks somewhat flat to me. It's a very beautiful red, but it's not as vibrant as Tomato. I have 3 Tomatoes and 2 of them are more orange-y while the third has more blue tones. There's definitely variation with Tomato, but I like it more than the other reds (except RT of course :P) because it's multifaceted -- there are only some Bal colors that can take on entirely new hues under different lighting. Tomato is really special in that respect -- it's a very lively color and the leather is usually very consistent.

Thanks for the info Jira! :biggrin:

Thanks for your opinion, but please NEVER include a link to a fake Balenciaga site for reference!!! EEEK!!

I have seen authentic pics on the reference thread, I am looking for opinions from people who own them to compare, thanks! :smile:

ACK! I HAD NO IDEA! Sorry mods! :sad: This is why I should NEVER trust google!

I have a 07 Tomato Twiggy and I'll be getting a 08 Ruby Money Wallet soon.. I'll post pictures when my wallet arrive. I'm very interested to know the colour difference too!

Ok, I know the leather difference between 07 & 08 leathers, I'm really looking for the color difference between these two..

I've gone through the red family reference library and it's really hard to tell.. is tomato more of an orange red compared to ruby?

If anyone has both, would love to see them next to each other. There was a post with someone with a tomato wallet and a ruby courier, but the color is kind of hard to really tell on a wallet, and they weren't right next to each other, so I couldn't decide..

Thanks for your help!!! :P

I'll post photos today of 04 true red, 05 RT twiggy, 07 tomato city, 07 tomato GSH city, 08 ruby, and any other reds I find lurking. It is early in the morning here, and I need to wait until the sun comes up. :smile:

Last edited:
sorry for the delay ladies
since i'm not in usa at the moment, it took awhile to get ms. 08 ruby
but anyway, here they are ...comparison pictures ...as promised

from left to right

2005 bordeaux city
2006 grenat twiggy
2005 rouge theatre day
2008 ruby courier
2006 rouge vif city
2007 tomato wallet with gsh

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

with flash

attachment.php

attachment.php

does your 2006 twiggy have leather strip lining at the exterior/outer pocket? Or is it all fabric lining? Thank you :smile: