My second LV experience / presenting the New Wave MM

Sandra.AT

Jan 23, 2016
Hi here are some photos of the new LV clothing, shoes collection together with the New Wave MM white, red and Chain Tote as well as Twist MM, Cluny Mono...
This is my opinion about this polorizing bag:.
At first I disliked the new wave mm but when I saw it on I fell immediatley in love.. this bag is so well made.. the quality is AMAZING!!! Some don´t like it but I think it´s a great bag.. the leather is well made compared to the Gucci Marmont.. In terms of quality I would compare it to a Chanel classic flap bag as this bag will hold it´s shape like a caviar bag..
I was thinking so long to buy a boy, diorama or a marmont but I was always hesitating and I was looking also for some other comparable LV bags like saint suplice, lockme bb but none of these looked exactly like the bag I wanted to have..
I think the boy bag looks really great but I don´t want to pay again so much for a chanel bag especially because I´m not so impressed with their service in my country (I mean the service is okay but the not that great) compared to the LV service what I am receiving.. I also don´t like the fact, that it cost so much and you get only textile leather.. this bothers me a lot...the diorama is really beautiful and you get so much quality for less money but still it´s costs a lot for such a small bag as I know tif I would carry it that often... so I was thinking of getting the marmont but when I saw the "quality"(don´t know if this is a quality matter or it´s just too soft leather?) I wasn´t happy with it.. I don´t like bags which will not keep their shape and are just too soft.. the leather had already many wrinkles and looked used to me.. I also don´t like the fact that you don´t have the extra metal applications at the top for the chain like the boy and diorama has .. I love this application and the overall look when you carry it on one chain...
so that´s why I was waiting for a similiar LV bags and this bag has everthing I was searching for.. the shape is also nice as it is different and looks great with the waves and the overall leather pattern..
yeah I know many don´t like the shape because it looks like a butt but if you think of "funny" shapes then think about the pochette metis which looks like a briefcase or the duffle bag and many other funny shape bags (and there are a lot of them out there) and they are also popular..I also didn´t like the Pochette metis at first ... I still don´t want to buy it as it is too casual for me and I don´t know when I would wear it as it is also so small....everyone has different tasts in bags and clothes and that´s fine..

and for those who say it looks like a rip off of marmont: gucci and many other designers copied as well the chanel bags in terms of shapes, pattern and also other designer copied lv bags and who cares.. diorama is also really popular... I don´t know who invented the chevron patten first but somebody did (maybe chanel?) and every designer copied that and change it maybe a little bit.
and there has already been some other lv bags with the big LV logo around like the twist .. I don´t know who was the first with the big inial logo ? (was it gucci ysl or lv or chanel?).. and let´s not forget about all the other popular chanel bags with a BIG CC logo and people are still boying it...
soooo these are my thoughts about this bag.. other opinions are also welcome and if I wrote anything wrong please correct me as I don´t know much about the history of all these popular bags ... like who was the first with such a bag or pattern and who copied whom..
for me these things doesn´t really matter as I see it like this: if I really like a bag style but I think something is missing and another designer makes a similar style and changes some parts and make it better and the quality is then much better then of course I buy it if I like it :smile: :smile:

I stil recomend you to have a close look at this bag .. maybe you change your mind.. ;) I bought the New Wave MM chain bag in red

my lovely SA prepared a clothing and shoe presentations for me so I could try on the bag with different looks..
here are some of my photos.. maybe you will like the bag if you see it with different outfits and if not it´s also fine haha ;)

Wow! You look amazing in all the pics. I love the new Wave bag on you. At first I only liked the bigger one, but your photos have made me like the smaller one too. Thanks for sharing your experience. LV are very lucky to have you showcase their new collection.

Just realised there is a pm, mm and a tote.

Last edited:
Wow that red wave bag is really gorgeous. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and comparisons about this bag. And you look great in all the clothes! It’s kinda nice seeing a real person wear these clothes instead of just on the models on the runway.

Reactions: Sandra.AT
I hope you bought a few items. You must have taken up half a day of the SA’s time! *laughing smilie*
I love the white top and red pants...hope you bought that! And yes the bag looks fab on you!
Thank you[emoji12] it took me just 1 hour haha but I'm quick in changing and taking photos:smile:..she knew that I will not buy any clothes only this bag ..she wanted to show me the clothes and shoes anyway in case I want to buy something in the future..but my hubby bought a polo shirt and sunglasses which were not planend to buy:smile: these clothes are really expensive but they look so great [emoji12]

Reactions: averagejoe
Wow! You look amazing in all the pics. I love the new Wave bag on you. At first I only liked the bigger one, but your photos have made me like the smaller one too. Thanks for sharing your experience. LV are very lucky to have you showcase their new collection.

Just realised there is a pm, mm and a tote.
Congrats..I liked the collection right away when I saw pics, I couldn’t understand all the negative comments on it..I bought the noir mm but the red is stunning!
Wow that red wave bag is really gorgeous. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and comparisons about this bag. And you look great in all the clothes! It’s kinda nice seeing a real person wear these clothes instead of just on the models on the runway.
Thank you so much[emoji1] [emoji4] yeah I think it's just the "negative" first thoughts which pops up when you see this bag because it's so different for LV but when you see the bag in real life it's just amazing.. I like real life photos of this bag more that the original lv pictures in their Website..they don't give this bag justice[emoji2]

Hi Sandra,
What a fun day you must of had. Thank you for posting all the lovely photos. The clothes are beautiful and fit you nicely. I enjoyed seeing them styled. You did a great job voicing your thoughts and opinions in English.
Enjoy your new bag, it really suits you and your style...you wear it well. :smile:

Last edited:
The red is so gorgeous on you!!! Awesome photos!
WOW! You made the new wave bags look good! [emoji813]
I agree, the red wave bag looks great!
Thank you [emoji2] [emoji4] [emoji1] I really liked also the white one..I wanted ti buy that too buy I'm just too afraid about stains and I don't wear so many light colours ..red and black can be worn the whole year [emoji12] I can't wait to wear this bag