I received my pewter crash Hold Me today!

Mariabdc, it was your pictures of your Hold Me in Pewter Crash that made me realize I can do a handbag in Pewter Crash. Thanks for inspiring me to..spend more $$! I have a MMS Midi in Pewter Crash on the way.

This all reminds me of when I got my Platinum Jimmy Choo Mahala (like Suzi). At first I would cringe when I carried it. I thought it was a little Blingy and said "Look at me" but the more I wore it, the more I loved it and I am looking forward too carrying it in the Winter where I think it will look it's best. I love Metallics but tend to stay away from them thinking the 70's is over. But everything 70's/80's we are seeing in clothes and bags and shoes, so I think it is an anything goes world. I am growing my hair waiting for Mall Hair to make a re-appearance!

Mariabdc, it was your pictures of your Hold Me in Pewter Crash that made me realize I can do a handbag in Pewter Crash. Thanks for inspiring me to..spend more $$! I have a MMS Midi in Pewter Crash on the way.

Good choice... it is a simple yet glamorous style... pewter will work wonders in this combo... Looking forward to your pics...

I reckon i should set up a pewter crash fan club...

I have to post these pics everywhere... i love this bag and the leather and colour are TDF... The best bag to be a glamorous Mum...

I dont even think of this bag as a metallic, since it is very subtle and changing... I love the pewter on a cloudy day...

P1020445.jpg

P1020444.jpg

P1020441.jpg

Love your new Pewter Hold Me the more I see these colors the more I like them. It looks great on you thanks for the modeling pics.

Maria, glad you revived this thread. I saw your latest pics on the pics only thread, and I have to tell you, you look smashing! That pewter with the purple sweater really rocks! It's funny how the metallic grew on you, isn't it? I remember when you first got it and you weren't sure about the bag. The pewter's never gotten my attention before, but every time I see you carrying it, it makes me reconsider. It's such a versatile color!

Question: Do you carry the Hold Me mostly on the hand & elbow crook? It looks a bit too boxy as a shoulder bag.

I enjoy seeing modeling pics, I think they do more to sell a bag than simply looking at the BE website.

Thanks, ckayakrx2 ... I really like the purple top... i havent worn purple for ages...

With all my BEs, i have felt uncertain at first and then they grew immensely on me...

This bag is EXTREMELY easy to wear... i dont perceive her as a metallic... she is edgy without being overwhelming and drawing too much attention... but it depends on the style, i would choose pewter crash in a simple style without much hw...

I carry the HM as a shoulder bag, but also on the crook and the hand... I will try and post modeling pics in the shoulder...

Couple of modeling pics... I really have to post them in several threads after all the effort I put into them - ha!
This bag is so easy to wear even for a non-metallic lover like me...

P1020606.jpg

P1020603.jpg

P1020613r.jpg

You are so right about the pewter (especially with the fuschia interior peeking out); it really punches up whatever you're wearing and makes it look more edgy & cool! I'm starting to really like it! The only down side is, I wish the base wasn't so wide. It looks fine hand-held, but a bit awkward -- to my thinking -- on the shoulder with one's arm sticking so far out to the side. But keep the pics coming... you may convince me just yet!:tup:

I like your riding boots, by the way. I'm on the hunt for a pair myself, and yours are nice cuz they don't look too wide at the top. Who makes those, if I may ask?

You are so right about the pewter (especially with the fuschia interior peeking out); it really punches up whatever you're wearing and makes it look more edgy & cool! I'm starting to really like it! The only down side is, I wish the base wasn't so wide. It looks fine hand-held, but a bit awkward -- to my thinking -- on the shoulder with one's arm sticking so far out to the side. But keep the pics coming... you may convince me just yet!:tup:

I like your riding boots, by the way. I'm on the hunt for a pair myself, and yours are nice cuz they don't look too wide at the top. Who makes those, if I may ask?

Thanks... i do prefer to hand-held or elbow-carry the Hold Me, but i can certainly put it on my shoulder if need be...

My boots are Pons Quintana (Spanish brand) in dusted black... I quite like them with casual/scruffy outfit when i am dressed up as a youngster..:roflmfao: