what to do if my multicolor white speedy turns color??????

bbbochap

O.G.
Dec 12, 2005
hi!

sorry if this question has been posed many times maybe - but i own a multicolor white speedy for a couple of years now & over the past year, it has been left alone sitting in her own dustbag...

& today i took her out, got a SHOCK that overall, she has turned slightly yellowish....

biggest horror was that on the front pocket, the entire canvas (incl the side folds) looks like yellow based canvas instead of the original white...

its stained horribly & before im tempted to try drastic harsh liquids on this bag - im hoping someone here has a magic solution for me....

TIA! :biggrin:

hi!

sorry if this question has been posed many times maybe - but i own a multicolor white speedy for a couple of years now & over the past year, it has been left alone sitting in her own dustbag...

& today i took her out, got a SHOCK that overall, she has turned slightly yellowish....

biggest horror was that on the front pocket, the entire canvas (incl the side folds) looks like yellow based canvas instead of the original white...

its stained horribly & before im tempted to try drastic harsh liquids on this bag - im hoping someone here has a magic solution for me....

TIA! :biggrin:

Yeah, this happened to mine too. I bought my white mc speedy back in 2005 and hardly used it. I was shocked when I spotted the front pocket turning red (!!) and so I did a thourough search through this forum and realized that the old batch of white mc speedies were prone to discolouration due to LV using some type of glue that caused a chemical reaction with the red alcantara lining. I took it to LV and they replaced it with a brand new one because it is a manufacturing defect...good luck!

Reactions: kuhoang
thanks everyone for your feedbacks! :biggrin:

yes, my bag is from 2004 or 2005 ... & now that i noticed, there is some pinkish stain at the front pocket flap (at the corners)...

i will bring it into LV & see what they can do for me.

p/s : I didnt think that LV will help in such repairs as a gf told me before that she brought her bag to LV (color transfer on her yellow EPI bag) & LV told her that they only sell bags, they dont clean bags??????

im keeping fingers crossed they can do something abt it cos its really fugly right now & its sure gonna get embarrassing carrying her out at this state. :sad:

Well, first of all, it really depends on the SA and manager at your store when it comes to these kind of issues... I'm lucky cuz I'm a regular customer at my local boutique and know every SA so I had no problems getting a new one. Alternatively, they may offer you a free repair which involves sending the bag into repair and having them place a new front pocket onto the bag. However, this is a lengthy process which may take months and is nerve wrecking. Also, it could be that they'll make you pay for repair because LV only has a 2-year warantee time for manufacturing defects...

Secondly, LV is (or should be) fully aware of this particular problem. Like I said, the glue they used on their white MC bags between 2003-2005-ish reacted badly with the red alcantara interior lining, causing it to bleed through the white canvas. (on a side note: it is extremely obvious on Kim Kardashian's white mc keepall in the Celebrity Section thread). This is why they decided to discontinue the white MC mini HL bag because the bag would turn yellow with time.

Ok, to conclude, keep cool and calmly explain the above to your SA. You may be lucky and come out with a brand new mc speedy! Good luck!

^^ now that you mentioned it, my white trouville is yellowish throughout. Didn't know it was a defect. Thought it looks nice seasoned (BLUR ME). I will bring mine to the boutique too to check out what they say. My trouville was bought in 2004 ;)

Ugh I just looked at my 04 MC speedy and it is also turning yellow! I'm thinking on contacting LV but I'm about 3hrs from a store and don't want to deal with a run around! What do they do to correct the problem? Repair or exchange?? Also has the problem been corrected on the newer MC white speedy?

Ugh I just looked at my 04 MC speedy and it is also turning yellow! I'm thinking on contacting LV but I'm about 3hrs from a store and don't want to deal with a run around! What do they do to correct the problem? Repair or exchange?? Also has the problem been corrected on the newer MC white speedy?

oh no...:sad:,i hope they will do somethings abt it !

^^ now that you mentioned it, my white trouville is yellowish throughout. Didn't know it was a defect. Thought it looks nice seasoned (BLUR ME). I will bring mine to the boutique too to check out what they say. My trouville was bought in 2004 ;)

Bring it into the boutique and see what they have to say...it's the first time I've heard of it happening to the trouville (mostly it's the white speedies), but then again everything is possible! :smile:

i am seriously thinking to get one for this summer :rolleyes:

how to tell if it is the new white canvas ?

You can't tell just by looking whether it's a more recent bag, you'd have to check the date code, but if you go into the boutique they will most probably be selling newer bags ie. after 2006 that have the problem solved. :smile:

Whenever you find the time I'd suggest bringing your bag into the boutique. This is an LV manufacture defect (a well-known one too!) and they will have to do at least something about it. Depending on the SA and manager at your store, they may exchange it for a brand new one or take it in for repair (where they exchange the front pocket as the discolouration almost always happens here). However, LV only has a 2-year warantee for their own manufacturing defects, and since yours is from 2004 I'm not sure what exactly they will decide to do. Maybe do the repair at an extra charge?

And yes, they have corrected the problem on newer white mc speedies by changing the type of glue they use so that it will not react with the red alcantara lining and cause the bleeding :flowers: