Full facelift at SOONPLUS plastic surgery with Dr.Lim

I was considering facelift for almost a year and I finally made my decision to get it done in December.
When I was looking for clinics, I looked through here, social media posts, gangnam unni, babitalk, kakao group chats and other resources, and everyones posts really helped me so I thought I should make a post too for those that are considering facelift in the facelift.

◆Why I wanted a facelift
I had no facial contouring or liposuction before, but because I was born with a small chin, my mid to lower face had a lot of sagging which could not be improved by other non-invasive procedures.

◆Choosing clinics
First, I selected clinics in Japan and Korea by myself, and visited them for consultation (for clinics in Korea, I could not make the time to travel to Korea for consultation, so I only had consultation by photo+chat or video call).
After choosing a Korean clinic, I asked an English-Korean translator Brian for support because the clinic did not have a translator and I needed to bring one myself.
While talking with Brian, we thought it would be better to consider other clinics too because the clinic I initially chose isn't able to do a real full facelift, so we went on for further research.
With Brian's really thorough experience and database, we were able to narrow down to a few clinics and he arranged video consultations with them, even with clinics that did not initially offer video consultation.
This made the whole consultation process very efficient, I really hope more clinics will have video consultations available.
Here are some Korean clinics I was considering: Vlif, ThePlan, Deesse, Woori, Liff, Labian...etc.
Finally, I chose Doctor Jong-min Lim of SOONPLUS Plastic Surgery.
My surgery day was December 22nd 2022.

◆Why I chose SOONPLUS Plastic Surgery
Although other candidates were also good clinics, I personally felt that Soon Plus excelled in the following points:
- The facelift method that Dr.Lim decided to perform on me and the reason he chose it.
- The length of the surgery time and the length of the incision line convinced me that he could perform a real full-facelift.
- I was convinced by the simulation of the results (put hand in front of the ear and pull at the same angle as the face line).
- Fat grafting was available at a very reasonable price when done with facelift.
- Inhouse anesthesiologist.
- The operating room was well equipped (I didn't see it until surgery, but Brian went to see it on consultation day so he told me it looked good).
- The clinic has been in business since 2017 according to their website, which to me seemed pretty long, and I thought that is a sign of stability.
- I was satisfied with the price considering the above (Brian helped me a lot in getting a huge discount).

◆Before the surgery
I put my luggage in a locker with a dial lock, then had some things like medical check to make sure with the staff.
Dr.Lim then spent quite a lot of time explaining and answering my questions which made me feel super comfortable.
He also drew the design on my face very carefully in great detail.
When I entered the operating room and was being prepared, Brian and the manager came in.
Brian talked to me to make me feel less nervous and the manager held my hand.
I heard that Dr.Lim had asked Brian to come in before the surgery started because he knows from experience that patients are most nervous when they get in the operating room. I thought Dr.Lim's consideration here was so kind.

◆Immediately after the surgery
The surgery was over at around 5:00 pm, but because my alcohol tolerance is low, I fell into deep sleep due to the sleep anesthesia for three and a half hours and woke up at 8:30 pm.
I was extremely cold due to the side effect of anesthesia, but there was a warming blanket on my bed so my back was warm.
Brian was sitting on the bedside waiting for me, and the staff cand to give me water to drink.
While I slept, Brian went to the pharmacy to get me the things I needed (sterile cotton swabs, pumpkin drink, protein drink and porridge).
We had to leave but I was too dizzy to walk, so the staff walked with me to the exit while holding my hands, and Brian drove me to my hotel.
On the day of the surgery, I would recommend wearing a hoodie or jacket with a big hood to cover the enormous bandage around your head and a pocket for the blood bags.

◆Postop schedule
1 day post op: Remove the bandage, wound treatment, doctor's examination, then deswelling laser + antibiotic IV + multivitamin IV + salmon IV, and have a face band put on.
3 days post op: Dr.Lim did the blood bag removal, then the nurse did the wound treatment and gave me deswelling laser.
7 days post op: The nurse removed stitches only in front of my ear, and after Dr.Lim's examination, I had the deswelling laser.
Day 14: Remove the rest of the stitches (I had to have mine removed on day 13 due to schedule conflicts)
Within 3 months: Secondary fat grafting by reusing frozen fat.

◆Pain
I had absolutely no pain at all around my face.
I don't know whether this is the effect of the doctor's technique, or just my body.
My thighs where I had fat taken from for my fat graft wasn't painful either as long as you don't touch it.
When I touched my thighs, it felt a little sore, just like muscle aches you'll have 1 day after a work out.

◆Bruising
Purple or yellowish bruises went away around day 17.
There are still random marks on my skin below and infront of my left ear.

◆My opinion at this point
Although I don't know the result yet since it hasn't been even a month yet since surgery, so far I am very happy with the clinic and how they've taken care of me.
I think that the doctor's sutures are very good because I often receive compliments from other friends who've had plastic surgery on how beautiful the sutures are.
I am also very satisfied that the roundness of my earlobes and my sideburns are preserved.
The pre and post-operative care at the clinic was really good too.
In my case, the same nurse was always in charge of me and she was super careful when removing stitches that I felt almost no pain at all.
Dr.Lim is very kind and he always made time to examine me every time I visited.
Although there is no translator at the clinic, when I went there alone without Brian after the surgery, Dr.Lim and the nurses tried their best to communicate with me and were willing to answer my questions which I asked by using translation app.
Also, there were 3 staff members who could speak a little Japanese so they came to help me communicate when they were available.
I think this clinic will suite you if you:
- don't have pain tolerance
- are looking for a natural result (if you don't want dramatic change to the point where even people who don't know you will see that you did something to your face.)

And last but not least,I seriously couldn't have done it without Brian, who was more than just a translator to me and supported me at all times throughout my journey.
He was so prepared to help me out throughout the whole process, and all of the numerous concerns I had were solved thanks to him.
I'm definately askieg him again for future surgeries!

Hope this post helps someone.

View attachment 5688463
Your results look great! I'm definitely going to look into the clinic you went to. Thanks for the post!

This is part 2 of my facelift review at Soonplus I did back in December 2022.

I went for a follow up in August 2023 with Brian to share my concerns to the doctor.
My concerns were
- Results : My face was not as lifted as what the doctor showed me pre-op
- Scar : The scars under and behind my ears were not healing too well
- Other side effects : There are a few side effects I've been experiencing, but the most concerning was the dent that appears around my temple when I smile

Brian shared my conceres to the doctor and also helped me in negotiating for treatments to improve them,
and he doctor's answers were:
- Results : He understands where I'm coming from, but he tried his best so my sagging cannot be improved any more. Brian tried asking for alternatives so the doctor said thread lifting for my faceline, endotine and platysma muscle tightning for my double chin might work, but there are more downsides than upsides of doing them so they are not recommended.
- Scar : He said it's already past the best timing to do scar injections so the scars might not get any better, but he offered to do them right after we talked.
- Dent : He said that's not related to the surgery. I asked if botox or something could help the dent but he said there's nothing we could do.

At this point it sounded like all they are willing to support me for is the scar injection which to me was not enough considering the price I paid not only for the surgery but for all the fees that I had to pay to have a talk with them.
And Brian understood that without me telling him anything so he asked if there's anything they can offer that's skin related (e.g. shrunk, ulthera, etc.), and he was able to help me get skin treatment.
The staff had told us that they'd do something that could help my skin tighten so I was looking forward for my appointment with them a few days after,
but unfortunately on the day of the appointment, all I recieved was some peeling and hydration treatment you would get at some beaty salon, which obviously did not help with any tightning or lifting.

All I could say at this point is,
I did feel that the doctor was nice to have agreed with me that the sagging on my face was still present, since he could've just said "the result is perfect" and get away with my concerns, but he decided to listen and to be honest with us,
but I cannot say the clinic's support on my concerns were enough, though it's better than nothing.
Nevertheless I was really relieved to have Brian with me and that he was more than willing to help me communicate with the clinic since he really understood my needs and without him I might have not been able to get anything out of this visit.

Me and Brian are trying to get at least somewhat refund for me now since what they offered and provided wasn't really to the satisfaction. I will keep you updated as the progress goes

A real full facelift surgery costs a lot of money, so please be very careful when choosing clinics, and it's also as important to choose a translator that is really willing to help you not only pre-op but also after surgery especially when the results are not satisfactory level.
hi @sage3773 ! Thank you so much for sharing and even keeping us updated! I am truly sorry that your surgery wasn't to a satisfactory and it is at least a dim of light on the bright side that you could get at least something out of the clinic with Brian's help. I didn't mention it on any other posts of mine because I didn't want any unnecessary attention that is less related to my actual surgeries but I actually had a very similar experience as yours. I worked with Brian as well about 5 months ago for my first time nose surgery in Korea. I was already set on one clinic, one of the big ones, by the time I contacted him. Yes, I should've known better. I should've done more research and I should've listened more. But it was one of the first clinics that pops up when one starts researching on Korean plastic surgery and their fancy videos and advertisements fooled me good. Brian kind of mentioned that he personally doesn't prefer those really big clinics and rather prefers more private and local clinics but I was already sold. So he accompanied me to the clinic for the consultation and helped on the surgery day. What I really appreciated from him was actually after the surgery. The clinic became much less responding after when I started having and expressing some of my concerns.(I was talking to the clinic directly on whatsapp because I already was talking to them before I contacted Brian.) It was Brian who addressed to all my questions and concerns and he kept contacting the clinic for me in various ways when the clinic was being irresponsible.
I had a break out of rashes all over my body from some allergic reaction and when the clinic was almost ghosting on me, it was Brian who took me to an emergency room on a Sunday. When I was having a hard time after coming back to my country, some depression because of my bad nose surgery result, he kept communicating with me, feeding me some realistic expectations and reassurance. He kept talking to the clinic for me, trying his best to make the clinic act more responsibly for my case. What the clinic first said was they cannot do anything for me because there is no functional issues and they didn't do anything wrong. After months of me and Brian texting and talking to them, the clinic at least offered a free revision but I was never going back to the same doctor and the clinic for my revision. I lost all my faith and trust in them already of course. Brian tried to get some refund for me and it seemed impossible to happen. At the end, I was given with options like free revision, some botox and skin stuff in case I get the revision by them, or a really tiny bribery money(I don't even want to call it "refund") under the condition of signing on some papers saying I won't post any negative things about them. Hell with that and I just left it as it is for now and decided to focus on my revision nose and other surgeries first. But I truly was and still am very grateful for all the things Brian has done for me. It really felt like much more than what I paid for. I was definitely going to work with him again for this trip.
But from my this round research, I have discovered the recent bad reviews about him so I got really shocked and confused. For my previous one, everything was set between me and the clinic already before even contacting Brian as I mentioned above and he was more than happy to just accompany me, and he did much more for me after. For this round, after reading those worrisome reviews, I intentionally asked Brian to get the quotes for me from the clinics on my list such as Miho, Vlif, Private, Inique, Thank You, The Plus, 1mm, Noselab and more when I already have gotten the quotes from most of them directly already. All the quotes were exactly same and he told me straight forward that which one is a bit higher than average, which one he thinks he could get some discount from, a bit more discount from this clinic less from that clinic and etc. These are the clinics I picked myself after doing quite some intensive research in a few different languages(using apps, I don't speak many languages lol) and when I gave him the list, he just took it as it is and didn't try to add or minus anything. I felt bad for even doubting him when he did so much for me but I had to make sure before using his service again.
I am going to work with him again for this trip, I definitely need what he has done for me in my previous trip, even more this round since I am getting not only my revision nose but also bigger surgeries like face lift. But as I said, I wasn't going to mention anything about it and just quietly do what I believe is the best for me. It is my decision to make at the end and I'm the one who is responsible for any consequences anyways. And I guess quite many people thought like me since I recently found out that I cannot really book his service for my most desired dates in November because he is already booked for two of the dates I prefer. Luckily I haven't booked my tickets yet but I wish I have arranged everything sooner.
Anyways, sorry for talking too much and sharing too much of my story on your thread. First I was happy to find someone who is sharing a very similar experience as mine, and all the memories of the hard time came back with emotions as I was writing about it so I went too much. I wish things turn out better for you and I will definitely share my clinic with you if(hopefully!) I get a successful face lift this round! :smile:

Reactions: shruthi
I was considering facelift for almost a year and I finally made my decision to get it done in December.
When I was looking for clinics, I looked through here, social media posts, gangnam unni, babitalk, kakao group chats and other resources, and everyones posts really helped me so I thought I should make a post too for those that are considering facelift in the facelift.

◆Why I wanted a facelift
I had no facial contouring or liposuction before, but because I was born with a small chin, my mid to lower face had a lot of sagging which could not be improved by other non-invasive procedures.

◆Choosing clinics
First, I selected clinics in Japan and Korea by myself, and visited them for consultation (for clinics in Korea, I could not make the time to travel to Korea for consultation, so I only had consultation by photo+chat or video call).
After choosing a Korean clinic, I asked an English-Korean translator Brian for support because the clinic did not have a translator and I needed to bring one myself.
While talking with Brian, we thought it would be better to consider other clinics too because the clinic I initially chose isn't able to do a real full facelift, so we went on for further research.
With Brian's really thorough experience and database, we were able to narrow down to a few clinics and he arranged video consultations with them, even with clinics that did not initially offer video consultation.
This made the whole consultation process very efficient, I really hope more clinics will have video consultations available.
Here are some Korean clinics I was considering: Vlif, ThePlan, Deesse, Woori, Liff, Labian...etc.
Finally, I chose Doctor Jong-min Lim of SOONPLUS Plastic Surgery.
My surgery day was December 22nd 2022.

◆Why I chose SOONPLUS Plastic Surgery
Although other candidates were also good clinics, I personally felt that Soon Plus excelled in the following points:
- The facelift method that Dr.Lim decided to perform on me and the reason he chose it.
- The length of the surgery time and the length of the incision line convinced me that he could perform a real full-facelift.
- I was convinced by the simulation of the results (put hand in front of the ear and pull at the same angle as the face line).
- Fat grafting was available at a very reasonable price when done with facelift.
- Inhouse anesthesiologist.
- The operating room was well equipped (I didn't see it until surgery, but Brian went to see it on consultation day so he told me it looked good).
- The clinic has been in business since 2017 according to their website, which to me seemed pretty long, and I thought that is a sign of stability.
- I was satisfied with the price considering the above (Brian helped me a lot in getting a huge discount).

◆Before the surgery
I put my luggage in a locker with a dial lock, then had some things like medical check to make sure with the staff.
Dr.Lim then spent quite a lot of time explaining and answering my questions which made me feel super comfortable.
He also drew the design on my face very carefully in great detail.
When I entered the operating room and was being prepared, Brian and the manager came in.
Brian talked to me to make me feel less nervous and the manager held my hand.
I heard that Dr.Lim had asked Brian to come in before the surgery started because he knows from experience that patients are most nervous when they get in the operating room. I thought Dr.Lim's consideration here was so kind.

◆Immediately after the surgery
The surgery was over at around 5:00 pm, but because my alcohol tolerance is low, I fell into deep sleep due to the sleep anesthesia for three and a half hours and woke up at 8:30 pm.
I was extremely cold due to the side effect of anesthesia, but there was a warming blanket on my bed so my back was warm.
Brian was sitting on the bedside waiting for me, and the staff cand to give me water to drink.
While I slept, Brian went to the pharmacy to get me the things I needed (sterile cotton swabs, pumpkin drink, protein drink and porridge).
We had to leave but I was too dizzy to walk, so the staff walked with me to the exit while holding my hands, and Brian drove me to my hotel.
On the day of the surgery, I would recommend wearing a hoodie or jacket with a big hood to cover the enormous bandage around your head and a pocket for the blood bags.

◆Postop schedule
1 day post op: Remove the bandage, wound treatment, doctor's examination, then deswelling laser + antibiotic IV + multivitamin IV + salmon IV, and have a face band put on.
3 days post op: Dr.Lim did the blood bag removal, then the nurse did the wound treatment and gave me deswelling laser.
7 days post op: The nurse removed stitches only in front of my ear, and after Dr.Lim's examination, I had the deswelling laser.
Day 14: Remove the rest of the stitches (I had to have mine removed on day 13 due to schedule conflicts)
Within 3 months: Secondary fat grafting by reusing frozen fat.

◆Pain
I had absolutely no pain at all around my face.
I don't know whether this is the effect of the doctor's technique, or just my body.
My thighs where I had fat taken from for my fat graft wasn't painful either as long as you don't touch it.
When I touched my thighs, it felt a little sore, just like muscle aches you'll have 1 day after a work out.

◆Bruising
Purple or yellowish bruises went away around day 17.
There are still random marks on my skin below and infront of my left ear.

◆My opinion at this point
Although I don't know the result yet since it hasn't been even a month yet since surgery, so far I am very happy with the clinic and how they've taken care of me.
I think that the doctor's sutures are very good because I often receive compliments from other friends who've had plastic surgery on how beautiful the sutures are.
I am also very satisfied that the roundness of my earlobes and my sideburns are preserved.
The pre and post-operative care at the clinic was really good too.
In my case, the same nurse was always in charge of me and she was super careful when removing stitches that I felt almost no pain at all.
Dr.Lim is very kind and he always made time to examine me every time I visited.
Although there is no translator at the clinic, when I went there alone without Brian after the surgery, Dr.Lim and the nurses tried their best to communicate with me and were willing to answer my questions which I asked by using translation app.
Also, there were 3 staff members who could speak a little Japanese so they came to help me communicate when they were available.
I think this clinic will suite you if you:
- don't have pain tolerance
- are looking for a natural result (if you don't want dramatic change to the point where even people who don't know you will see that you did something to your face.)

And last but not least,I seriously couldn't have done it without Brian, who was more than just a translator to me and supported me at all times throughout my journey.
He was so prepared to help me out throughout the whole process, and all of the numerous concerns I had were solved thanks to him.
I'm definately askieg him again for future surgeries!

Hope this post helps someone.

View attachment 5688463
looks good. may i ask how old are you??

I went for a follow up in August 2023 with Brian to share my concerns to the doctor.
My concerns were
- Other side effects : There are a few side effects I've been experiencing, but the most concerning was the dent that appears around my temple when I smile

Brian shared my conceres to the doctor and also helped me in negotiating for treatments to improve them,
- Results : He understands where I'm coming from, but he tried his best so my sagging cannot be improved any more. Brian tried asking for alternatives so the doctor said thread lifting for my faceline, endotine and platysma muscle tightning for my double chin might work, but there are more downsides than upsides of doing them so they are not recommended.
- Scar : He said it's already past the best timing to do scar injections so the scars might not get any better, but he offered to do them right after we talked.
- Dent : He said that's not related to the surgery. I asked if botox or something could help the dent but he said there's nothing we could do.

At this point it sounded like all they are willing to support me for is the scar injection which to me was not enough considering the price I paid not only for the surgery but for all the fees that I had to pay to have a talk with them.
And Brian understood that without me telling him anything so he asked if there's anything they can offer that's skin related (e.g. shrunk, ulthera, etc.), and he was able to help me get skin treatment.
The staff had told us that they'd do something that could help my skin tighten so I was looking forward for my appointment with them a few days after,
but unfortunately on the day of the appointment, all I recieved was some peeling and hydration treatment you would get at some beaty salon, which obviously did not help with any tightning or lifting.

I did feel that the doctor was nice to have agreed with me that the sagging on my face was still present, since he could've just said "the result is perfect" and get away with my concerns, but he decided to listen and to be honest with us,
but I cannot say the clinic's support on my concerns were enough, though it's better than nothing.
Nevertheless I was really relieved to have Brian with me and that he was more than willing to help me communicate with the clinic since he really understood my needs and without him I might have not been able to get anything out of this visit.

Me and Brian are trying to get at least somewhat refund for me now since what they offered and provided wasn't really to the satisfaction. I will keep you updated as the progress goes

A real full facelift surgery costs a lot of money, so please be very careful when choosing clinics, and it's also as important to choose a translator that is really willing to help you not only pre-op but also after surgery especially when the results are not satisfactory level.
I am so glad I found your thread before I got my facelift. I just had my rhinoplasty and face lift in Korea not so long ago.I promised the clinic that I will write a review IF the result is good. Oh, I will definitely WRITE A REVIEW if the result is not good. lol Still too early to say but so far I like my results. Thank God. Honestly, maybe because I had not so good experience with my facial bone surgeries in my first trip and wasted my second trip for the revision of this, I have to say that I had an overall great experience in this trip. Since the price was very transparent and reasonable compared to other clinics that I visited for consultations, Brian didn't even have to haggle much. lol And from the surgery to after care, I have only good things to say about this clinic and the overall experience at this point so I was going to write the review anyways. But I am still waiting a bit more for my results just in case. haha
I had to go through same paths as yours, it's just that mine was for my previous facial contouring surgeries. The result was not like a botched job but such a not satisfying improvement considering how invasive and expensive the bone surgeries are, Brian helped me a lot to still communicate with the clinic and pushed them to still get something out of them for me when they almost ghosted me, I agreed not to write negative reviews about them in return for free revision and extra skin stuff. Getting a full revision bone surgeries at another clinic just scared me in many ways including the price. lol To my surprise, I'm quite much happier with the result at this point when it was done by the same doctor both times. My question is, WHY THE HEXX THEY DIDN'T DO A GOOD JOB FROM THE START?? lol Bygones I guess.
Wish your path comes to the best outcome as well. I have been there but it turned out quite good when I was preparing myself for the worst scenario so I just wanted to drop a comment here.

I am so glad I found your thread before I got my facelift. I just had my rhinoplasty and face lift in Korea not so long ago.I promised the clinic that I will write a review IF the result is good. Oh, I will definitely WRITE A REVIEW if the result is not good. lol Still too early to say but so far I like my results. Thank God. Honestly, maybe because I had not so good experience with my facial bone surgeries in my first trip and wasted my second trip for the revision of this, I have to say that I had an overall great experience in this trip. Since the price was very transparent and reasonable compared to other clinics that I visited for consultations, Brian didn't even have to haggle much. lol And from the surgery to after care, I have only good things to say about this clinic and the overall experience at this point so I was going to write the review anyways. But I am still waiting a bit more for my results just in case. haha
I had to go through same paths as yours, it's just that mine was for my previous facial contouring surgeries. The result was not like a botched job but such a not satisfying improvement considering how invasive and expensive the bone surgeries are, Brian helped me a lot to still communicate with the clinic and pushed them to still get something out of them for me when they almost ghosted me, I agreed not to write negative reviews about them in return for free revision and extra skin stuff. Getting a full revision bone surgeries at another clinic just scared me in many ways including the price. lol To my surprise, I'm quite much happier with the result at this point when it was done by the same doctor both times. My question is, WHY THE HEXX THEY DIDN'T DO A GOOD JOB FROM THE START?? lol Bygones I guess.
Wish your path comes to the best outcome as well. I have been there but it turned out quite good when I was preparing myself for the worst scenario so I just wanted to drop a comment here.
Hello there! Happy to hear things turned out well for you at the end and if you read my previous post, we had a very similar experience as well! wow! Could you please share which clinic you had your surgery from? I am going to get face lift, revision nose and eyes. I am currently keen on Miho and Inique Clinic but will be happy to find out about a new clinic. Although I doubt it is a really new clinic to me since I have looked into quite many clinics so far, your precious experience sharing will be a great help! Thank you! :smile:

Reactions: suuu

My concerns were

wow I'm sorry that this happened to you. And I am happy to hear that you have someone to help and be with you through this! I heard a lot of stories like clinics or translators disappearing on their patients from abroad when they start facing some problems or unsatisfying results. Hope it turns out to the best possible outcome for you at the end and yes please keep us updated! Although I am not considering face lift yet, No Soon Plus! Noted!! Thank you!

hi @sage3773 ! Thank you so much for sharing and even keeping us updated! I am truly sorry that your surgery wasn't to a satisfactory and it is at least a dim of light on the bright side that you could get at least something out of the clinic with Brian's help. I didn't mention it on any other posts of mine because I didn't want any unnecessary attention that is less related to my actual surgeries but I actually had a very similar experience as yours. I worked with Brian as well about 5 months ago for my first time nose surgery in Korea. I was already set on one clinic, one of the big ones, by the time I contacted him. Yes, I should've known better. I should've done more research and I should've listened more. But it was one of the first clinics that pops up when one starts researching on Korean plastic surgery and their fancy videos and advertisements fooled me good. Brian kind of mentioned that he personally doesn't prefer those really big clinics and rather prefers more private and local clinics but I was already sold. So he accompanied me to the clinic for the consultation and helped on the surgery day. What I really appreciated from him was actually after the surgery. The clinic became much less responding after when I started having and expressing some of my concerns.(I was talking to the clinic directly on whatsapp because I already was talking to them before I contacted Brian.) It was Brian who addressed to all my questions and concerns and he kept contacting the clinic for me in various ways when the clinic was being irresponsible.
I had a break out of rashes all over my body from some allergic reaction and when the clinic was almost ghosting on me, it was Brian who took me to an emergency room on a Sunday. When I was having a hard time after coming back to my country, some depression because of my bad nose surgery result, he kept communicating with me, feeding me some realistic expectations and reassurance. He kept talking to the clinic for me, trying his best to make the clinic act more responsibly for my case. What the clinic first said was they cannot do anything for me because there is no functional issues and they didn't do anything wrong. After months of me and Brian texting and talking to them, the clinic at least offered a free revision but I was never going back to the same doctor and the clinic for my revision. I lost all my faith and trust in them already of course. Brian tried to get some refund for me and it seemed impossible to happen. At the end, I was given with options like free revision, some botox and skin stuff in case I get the revision by them, or a really tiny bribery money(I don't even want to call it "refund") under the condition of signing on some papers saying I won't post any negative things about them. Hell with that and I just left it as it is for now and decided to focus on my revision nose and other surgeries first. But I truly was and still am very grateful for all the things Brian has done for me. It really felt like much more than what I paid for. I was definitely going to work with him again for this trip.
But from my this round research, I have discovered the recent bad reviews about him so I got really shocked and confused. For my previous one, everything was set between me and the clinic already before even contacting Brian as I mentioned above and he was more than happy to just accompany me, and he did much more for me after. For this round, after reading those worrisome reviews, I intentionally asked Brian to get the quotes for me from the clinics on my list such as Miho, Vlif, Private, Inique, Thank You, The Plus, 1mm, Noselab and more when I already have gotten the quotes from most of them directly already. All the quotes were exactly same and he told me straight forward that which one is a bit higher than average, which one he thinks he could get some discount from, a bit more discount from this clinic less from that clinic and etc. These are the clinics I picked myself after doing quite some intensive research in a few different languages(using apps, I don't speak many languages lol) and when I gave him the list, he just took it as it is and didn't try to add or minus anything. I felt bad for even doubting him when he did so much for me but I had to make sure before using his service again.
I am going to work with him again for this trip, I definitely need what he has done for me in my previous trip, even more this round since I am getting not only my revision nose but also bigger surgeries like face lift. But as I said, I wasn't going to mention anything about it and just quietly do what I believe is the best for me. It is my decision to make at the end and I'm the one who is responsible for any consequences anyways. And I guess quite many people thought like me since I recently found out that I cannot really book his service for my most desired dates in November because he is already booked for two of the dates I prefer. Luckily I haven't booked my tickets yet but I wish I have arranged everything sooner.
Anyways, sorry for talking too much and sharing too much of my story on your thread. First I was happy to find someone who is sharing a very similar experience as mine, and all the memories of the hard time came back with emotions as I was writing about it so I went too much. I wish things turn out better for you and I will definitely share my clinic with you if(hopefully!) I get a successful face lift this round! :smile:
Do you mind sharing which were your top clinics/hospitals and who you ended up with the FL, if you’ve done that already.

Happy to hear you found your peace and feel better. So fortunate that things turned out better for you at the end! May I ask where you got your rhino and facelift from? Thank you! :smile:

Reactions: EmmaDr
Hello! I am about to schedule surgery with SOONPLUS, involving rhinoplasty, facelift, neck lift, and facial fat transfer. I'm looking to book a flight in 2 weeks, but after reading your reviews, I am considering canceling it all. SOONPLUS has a translator named Sophia whom I communicate with via WhatsApp. The entire procedure was scheduled with Dr. Lim for a full facelift, and Dr. Seo the rhinoplasty revision. I am very concerned after learning about everything you two went through, and I would really appreciate it if you could share the names of new doctors you have used for a successful facelift. I would also be grateful if you could share Brian's contact information, as I would love to use his translation service as well. I am a 50 year old woman and I am Asian. Thank you both so much!

Hello sage3773,
Thanks for sharing your experience! I went with Soonplus (Soon+) for double eyelid surgery in December 2023 with Dr. Kim Soon Dong, and same as you, had such wonderful experience with them! They also hired a staff who does English Marketing and her name is Sophie. She is very helpful and prompt in replying to my inquiries. She does help with translation too which saves me from hiring a translator. Hope that's an useful update for those considering Soonplus for their surgeries!

I am confused, isn't the original thread and updates about the result not being so good and she is trying to work out how responsible the clinic is going to be about this?? :confused1:

I am confused, isn't the original thread and updates about the result not being so good and she is trying to work out how responsible the clinic is going to be about this?? :confused1:
Ha ha....I have the same doubt too. This clinic is showing up all of a sudden and the reasons are not convincing :hrmm: