Out of curiosity, what is everyone's favorite size Le Pliage?

sittysue

May 8, 2019
I currently have mostly LLH and SSH. I also have some MLH (I like the current size better than the original) and recently bought a few MSH. I want to get a bag in ebony but I have various brown in all sizes but the Medium short handle. I guess I'll be buying that size but it doesn't seem to be popular. The stores don't carry that size. Will order from Longchamps. What's your favorite size?

I have both MSH and LLH plus a couple of custom sizes. I used to have a SSH but gave it to my niece.

Out of my non-custom bags I use the LLH most. I like a shoulder carry tote, but I also have 2 MSH and they're pretty handy bags for travel and shopping. I always have at least one nylon tote with me when I travel and the MSH is the one I seem to gravitate towards. The SSH fits more than you would think, so if you don't carry a lot it might be a good size.

I recommend getting a bag in the size you prefer and like to use most. Not all sizes work for all people.

Reactions: sittysue
It's true that the 1623 is not popular. That's why a lot of places don't carry it anymore I heard that straight from a manager's mouth.

I started using my 1623s a lot more once I braced it as a travel bag for the weekend. I also have a few limited edition 1623s that I use mostly as large handbags and I always get compliments when I do. Like the miaou or the tribu 1623.

My favorite is the medium short handle. I love it for the gym, travel, overnight bag, diaper bag.
I have many SSH but to me they are too big for a night out. However they are perfect in the winter when I add gloves and hat to my outfit.
My one LLH doesn’t get much use and I have no MLH.

My favourites by far are the classic backpack (1699) and the discontinued Neo and Cuir drawstring backpacks. They're hands free, they don't look like schoolbags, and are such a nice size for every day carry. The 1624 travel bag is also great - the ones with shoulder straps are amongst the best travel duffels on the market IMO. I own four LLHs as well and find them very practical for days where I need to carry more stuff, but given my lack of height and the long handle drop, it sometimes feels like the bag is wearing me :doh:

One thing that bothers me about the LLH and similar styles is that since I carry totes on my right shoulder, the zipper is always facing backwards. First world problems, I know...

Just ordered the Ebony bag in the LLH. Even though I have that size in the cognac and the terra in leather (a nordstrom aniv sale) the LLH is my favorite go to and most practical size. I was going to get the MSH but I know I wouldn't use it very much. I'm sure I'll be happy with the LLH

My favorite regular le pliage (not travel style with an added strap or anything) is the LLH and the SSH. For me the MSH is too big for a short handle bag, and the MLH and former SLH are too small for my tote bag needs, as I’d just use a LLH then.

My favorite regular le pliage (not travel style with an added strap or anything) is the LLH and the SSH. For me the MSH is too big for a short handle bag, and the MLH and former SLH are too small for my tote bag needs, as I’d just use a LLH then.
Same here. I have a few MSH but don't use them that often Reminds me of my LV large speedy from years ago

I love the responses - so many people with great points and tips!

I can fit my work essentials, thermos cup and workout clothes in the MSH comfortably. I have my gym sneakers at the office so that saves a lot of space not having to carry them, plus I'm at the office full time now so I don't have to drag my laptop around anymore. If I had to take one of the two with me, I'd have to switch to a bigger bag.
I don't find the size of the MSH to be too big either as I'm 6ft and it fits my frame well.

But in all honesty I'm so amused by people calling the MSH a "weekend bag". 😄 You must be HC minimalists or very, very small to get your clothes, an extra pair of shoes and toiletries in that bag! Would not work for me. If I decide to take up naturism it might, though. 🤔 Something to think about. Or not. 🤭

MLH for me (mine is from 2017 though, did they change the medium size?). Good size for a purse if I need to carry a lot of stuff. I do have a LLH for work but it's just too big for daily wear for me.