Anyone have info about JK Plastic Surgery Center?

celinexx

Feb 5, 2016
Hello! Does anyone have info to share about JK Plastic Surgery Center?

They seem quite prestigious, but also kind of exclusive? They're the gold building in apgujeong. I rarely see any talk about them.

If anyone has any information... please help me out. Thank you!

Reactions: summer46
I don't have experience with or know anything about them, but a gold building is just a gold building. Stuff like high-end decor is mostly marketing. And exclusivity doesn't mean a doctor is good or not good. All clinics will have patients who are happy and patients who are unhappy with their results. Good luck!

Reactions: beautyismine
Hi, I just got my surgery a week ago at JK. :smile: I don’t have anything to compare as I didn’t go for consultations anywhere else, I chose JK because of their safety record and natural results.

I did multiple surgeries at once so I’m still quite swollen and can’t speak for their skills, but it wouldn’t hurt to go for a consultation if you have the time. But for now, what I can say is that I’ve been impressed with JK’s level of service and care. I had a very thorough consultation, and it was very easy and comfortable to speak to the consultant and doctor (Dr Kim). I wasn’t pushed to have more surgeries, and the Dr even talked me out of a surgery he felt I didn’t need. Dr Kim was also very honest and realistic with the outcomes and what I could expect. My caretaker was also my consultant, and I was so uncomfortable after my surgery that I did not sleep throughout the night. Every time I moved a little, which was about every hour or less, she would get up immediately and ask me what I needed or how she could help me. I’m so grateful to have had her with me, even though I felt bad that she didn’t manage to sleep at all that night. The nurses are all so lovely and genuinely caring (also very beautiful!). Nothing like some of the rude nurses I’ve read and heard about elsewhere. They were extremely gentle when removing my packing and drains, and kept reassuring/comforting me when they saw that I was afraid.

I paid to stay an extra night at the hospital for the reassurance. I slept through the second day, and woke up late at night. I couldn’t eat my medication on an empty stomach, so the very lovely nurse brought me her own juice packet. My friend came to pick me up that night, but the nurse kept asking me to stay as she was worried (I was very swollen), and even found a space for my friend to rest till morning. I want to add that it was already noon the next day by the time I asked to stay another night, but JK never made me feel rushed to leave the hospital before I was ready.

I got my outer stitches removed yesterday and I was honestly terrified of that. More than having surgery, haha. But my nurse was as gentle as possible, she talked me through each step and kept asking if I was okay. Dr Kim came to see me and was also extremely gentle when observing my face.

In terms of aftercare, it’s not as great as other hospitals I guess. I’ve only had one deswelling light treatment and I think there’s one more at the 2 week mark, no hair washing or facials, but I really appreciate the Dr, consultant, and nurses at JK so much.

At this point, although I can’t speak much for the results, I can see a much better face shape and nose bridge so, so far, I’ve been quite happy with JK. :smile:

Hi, I just got my surgery a week ago at JK. :smile: I don’t have anything to compare as I didn’t go for consultations anywhere else, I chose JK because of their safety record and natural results.

I did multiple surgeries at once so I’m still quite swollen and can’t speak for their skills, but it wouldn’t hurt to go for a consultation if you have the time. But for now, what I can say is that I’ve been impressed with JK’s level of service and care. I had a very thorough consultation, and it was very easy and comfortable to speak to the consultant and doctor (Dr Kim). I wasn’t pushed to have more surgeries, and the Dr even talked me out of a surgery he felt I didn’t need. Dr Kim was also very honest and realistic with the outcomes and what I could expect. My caretaker was also my consultant, and I was so uncomfortable after my surgery that I did not sleep throughout the night. Every time I moved a little, which was about every hour or less, she would get up immediately and ask me what I needed or how she could help me. I’m so grateful to have had her with me, even though I felt bad that she didn’t manage to sleep at all that night. The nurses are all so lovely and genuinely caring (also very beautiful!). Nothing like some of the rude nurses I’ve read and heard about elsewhere. They were extremely gentle when removing my packing and drains, and kept reassuring/comforting me when they saw that I was afraid.

I paid to stay an extra night at the hospital for the reassurance. I slept through the second day, and woke up late at night. I couldn’t eat my medication on an empty stomach, so the very lovely nurse brought me her own juice packet. My friend came to pick me up that night, but the nurse kept asking me to stay as she was worried (I was very swollen), and even found a space for my friend to rest till morning. I want to add that it was already noon the next day by the time I asked to stay another night, but JK never made me feel rushed to leave the hospital before I was ready.

I got my outer stitches removed yesterday and I was honestly terrified of that. More than having surgery, haha. But my nurse was as gentle as possible, she talked me through each step and kept asking if I was okay. Dr Kim came to see me and was also extremely gentle when observing my face.

In terms of aftercare, it’s not as great as other hospitals I guess. I’ve only had one deswelling light treatment and I think there’s one more at the 2 week mark, no hair washing or facials, but I really appreciate the Dr, consultant, and nurses at JK so much.

At this point, although I can’t speak much for the results, I can see a much better face shape and nose bridge so, so far, I’ve been quite happy with JK. :smile:
Hi can I ask how you paid? Is it best to pay in cash or credit card?

Hi thrre

hi there? Any update on your nose? I’m considering jk as well and would like more details please

Hi! I literally JUST had my consultation with JK. I went through DocFinderKorea (i'm Asian American but cannot speak Korean).
TBH all the staff speaks English very well, including the doctor. They have a whole building, I believe it was a total of 5 or 6 floors. They are not just a clinic, they seem to be a medical group or something, because they had so much going on in the building. They had a wellness center, consultation floor, surgery floor, and recovery floor. Overall, the ambiance was luxurious.

It terms of pricing, I expected JK to be very expensive. They are regarded as the "Hermes of plastic surgery" according to my Docfinder translator. It was no surprise that the price for me was as follows:
Accusculpt/lipo DOUBLE CHIN: 3,300,000 KRW
Accusculpt/lipo JAWLINE: 3,300,000 KRW
Liposuction FOREARMS: 6,600,000 KRW
Liposuction ACCESSORY BREASTS (the area between your armpit and breast, under the armpit, and lowkey the backish armpit): 6,600,000 KRW

I went in only wanting to get my double chin Accusculpted, but the doctor said it was be uneven and unbalanced if I only did the double chin, so he recommended the jawline as well. I have pretty chubby cheeks (it's actually kinda my favorite thing about my face) and I didn't want to lose them, so I told the doctor about that. He assured me and said he will only be touching right below my cheeks. I also was scared that if I got my arms lipsuctioned, there would be saggy skin. The doctor said that I have pretty tight and fatty skin, so i'd be okay, so I guess I'll be good?

In my invoice, they included a "medical check up/sedation/general anesthesia" for 231,000 KRW. The consultant (who was VERY knowledgeable about the procedures) said this is a requirement and must be done THE DAY BEFORE surgery.

(FYI: I'm 5'3 and 160 lbs, so i'm slightly overweight, but not a lot of work needs to done)

Hi thrre

hi there? Any update on your nose? I’m considering jk as well and would like more details please
Hello sorry I haven’t logged on at all! It’s been almost 2 months by now and everything’s going great. No pain no issues, just numbness at the tip but that doesn’t bother me and I don’t realise unless I touch it. I wish my tip could be smaller and sharper, but the Dr was very upfront in the beginning that due to my thick skin it would still be rounded. The results are extremely natural, so definitely if that’s what you’re looking for I can’t recommend JK enough.

Hello sorry I haven’t logged on at all! It’s been almost 2 months by now and everything’s going great. No pain no issues, just numbness at the tip but that doesn’t bother me and I don’t realise unless I touch it. I wish my tip could be smaller and sharper, but the Dr was very upfront in the beginning that due to my thick skin it would still be rounded. The results are extremely natural, so definitely if that’s what you’re looking for I can’t recommend JK enough.
May I ask the doctors full name?

Hi! I literally JUST had my consultation with JK. I went through DocFinderKorea (i'm Asian American but cannot speak Korean).
TBH all the staff speaks English very well, including the doctor. They have a whole building, I believe it was a total of 5 or 6 floors. They are not just a clinic, they seem to be a medical group or something, because they had so much going on in the building. They had a wellness center, consultation floor, surgery floor, and recovery floor. Overall, the ambiance was luxurious.

It terms of pricing, I expected JK to be very expensive. They are regarded as the "Hermes of plastic surgery" according to my Docfinder translator. It was no surprise that the price for me was as follows:
Accusculpt/lipo DOUBLE CHIN: 3,300,000 KRW
Accusculpt/lipo JAWLINE: 3,300,000 KRW
Liposuction FOREARMS: 6,600,000 KRW
Liposuction ACCESSORY BREASTS (the area between your armpit and breast, under the armpit, and lowkey the backish armpit): 6,600,000 KRW

I went in only wanting to get my double chin Accusculpted, but the doctor said it was be uneven and unbalanced if I only did the double chin, so he recommended the jawline as well. I have pretty chubby cheeks (it's actually kinda my favorite thing about my face) and I didn't want to lose them, so I told the doctor about that. He assured me and said he will only be touching right below my cheeks. I also was scared that if I got my arms lipsuctioned, there would be saggy skin. The doctor said that I have pretty tight and fatty skin, so i'd be okay, so I guess I'll be good?

In my invoice, they included a "medical check up/sedation/general anesthesia" for 231,000 KRW. The consultant (who was VERY knowledgeable about the procedures) said this is a requirement and must be done THE DAY BEFORE surgery.

(FYI: I'm 5'3 and 160 lbs, so i'm slightly overweight, but not a lot of work needs to done)

I had consultation with JK,its so expensive,especially Rhinoplasty.they Quoted me 18,975,000 krw:sad:( while Mini quoted me 11,000,000krw.I like Jk because their noses are natural look,while Dr Cha of Mina PS is one of the best surgeon in SK.Anyone know about Mina PS?