Advice for Selling Trendy CC

honeybunch

O.G.
Jan 22, 2007
Hi all,

I posted a thread a few months ago about selling a Chanel bag to part-fund a Hermes Kelly. It was between my Trendy, my black classic flap and the 19.

I’ve made the decision to sell my Trendy as it’s my least used bag, although it’s my favourite out of the three!

Anyway, I was just wondering if now was a good time to sell? What is the resale market like for the Trendy now? I know a few years ago they were quite in demand and were only available from the boutiques every other season. Have things changed? Is it a lot less popular now, and easier to get hold of in the boutiques? Will I be able to get much money for it? I would have preferred to sell my 19 as I feel they are becoming dated now but I use it regularly. TIA!

Submit quotes to the reseller sites, but I believe lots of people have been selling purses as they seem to be tons of inventory on their sites and many of them or giving low offers.

There feels like there are more Trendy's also available from the boutique as well.

Reactions: honeybunch
UPDATE:
I listed my Trendy for sale only a few weeks ago and someone has made me an offer for it. After all fees, it would mean I would come out with £5000. My husband thinks I should hang onto it because it’s in new condition and the price has already increased by £2000 since I bought it. He thinks I should wait for another price increase and try to get more money for it, so that I’m closer to getting the funds for a Hermes Kelly. The current retail price for a Trendy is £5800.

What do you all think? I’m just worried if I don’t sell it now and take the offer, I won’t receive any more good offers in future. I’m not sure how popular this bag is these days. I know a couple of years ago it was extremely popular and all over Instagram. Any thoughts? I need to make a decision today as I can’t keep the buyer waiting!

• Insightful
Reactions: Bagatha Christie
UPDATE:
I listed my Trendy for sale only a few weeks ago and someone has made me an offer for it. After all fees, it would mean I would come out with £5000. My husband thinks I should hang onto it because it’s in new condition and the price has already increased by £2000 since I bought it. He thinks I should wait for another price increase and try to get more money for it, so that I’m closer to getting the funds for a Hermes Kelly. The current retail price for a Trendy is £5800.

What do you all think? I’m just worried if I don’t sell it now and take the offer, I won’t receive any more good offers in future. I’m not sure how popular this bag is these days. I know a couple of years ago it was extremely popular and all over Instagram. Any thoughts? I need to make a decision today as I can’t keep the buyer waiting!
I am of the mindset-----> a bird in hand.....once decided to sell, price point more than fair, go for it, and no regrets. Good luck with your decision either way!

UPDATE:

I would take the offer! I think that’s a fantastic offer, and it looks as it you've made a nice little profit. I wouldn’t want to hold onto it and risk not getting offered this amount again. The only way I wouldn’t sell is if you had been lowballed or if you were on the fence about still wanting to keep the bag.

I would take the offer! I think that’s a fantastic offer, and it looks as it you've made a nice little profit. I wouldn’t want to hold onto it and risk not getting offered this amount again. The only way I wouldn’t sell is if you had been lowballed or if you were on the fence about still wanting to keep the bag.
I am of the mindset-----> a bird in hand.....once decided to sell, price point more than fair, go for it, and no regrets. Good luck with your decision either way!
Thanks for your input.
I paid about £3900 I think and I’d be getting about £5000. My thinking is that I wouldn’t be replacing the bag immediately, so it may be better to hang onto it for a while as the price will increase. I’m in a real dilemma. At first I thought it was a great price but, as it’s new, I keep thinking I could get more!

I think that is a great price. It is still on the resale market and an older style and you are getting very near new price for it. And you never know what the market will do. Buyers and trends are fickle and it could be that Chanel becomes saturated and the prices decline. Or large totes because popular etc.

My only hesitation, it’s a really good price - how legit is the transaction? It’s only a good deal if you have no problems with the sale.

I think that is a great price. It is still on the resale market and an older style and you are getting very near new price for it. And you never know what the market will do. Buyers and trends are fickle and it could be that Chanel becomes saturated and the prices decline. Or large totes because popular etc.

My only hesitation, it’s a really good price - how legit is the transaction? It’s only a good deal if you have no problems with the sale.
I’m just hoping it’s legit! It seems to be!

I think you have a decent offer. Since you're selling to fund a Kelly, I personally think the Kelly and Trendy are a bit duplicative. I think once you have a Kelly, you won't reach for the Trendy if you keep it.

Reactions: honeybunch
UPDATE:

Things like that are never know, it’s like trying to predict future. There are bags I wish would sold because now price dropped further but there are bags I wish didn’t sell because price increased so much more. Never know.

The price is a good price, and as others have said, the market has cooled down, so if you have to sell it, the price is good.

That said, are you sure you want a Kelly? I know it's the HG for many, but I would get a bag you will actually use.
I ask this question because you said the Trendy CC is your least used bag.

Well, the Kelly amd Trendy CC are the same style top handle bags, only the Kellyb is more restrictive in use in my opinion.
I love the shape of the Kelly as I love top handle bags, but there is no outer back pocket, and the closure can be a pain.

Hence, for me, I love the Trendy CC. I actually have the new 23B gray on order and waiting for it to arrive.

Before you sell your Trendy CC to buy a Kelly, I would ask yourself why you don't use the Trendy CC. If it's the style you don't like, the Kelly is similar.

Yes, the Kelly gives you bragging rights. However, for functionality, the Trendy CC is much more versatile in my opinion. For me, I need a bag with an outside pocket to store my phone for easy access.

Of your three bags, for me, I would sell the 19, especially while it's still popular. Good luck to you!

Last edited:
Reactions: lolasparks
The price is a good price, and as others have said, the market has cooled down, so if you have to sell it, the price is good.

That said, are you sure you want a Kelly? I know it's the HG for many, but I would get a bag you will actually use.
I ask this question because you said the Trendy CC is your least used bag.

Well, the Kelly amd Trendy CC are the same style top handle bags, only the Kellyb is more restrictive in use in my opinion.
I love the shape of the Kelly as I love top handle bags, but there is no outer back pocket, and the closure can be a pain.

Hence, for me, I love the Trendy CC. I actually have the new 23B gray on order and waiting for it to arrive.

Before you sell your Trendy CC to buy a Kelly, I would ask yourself why you don't use the Trendy CC. If it's the style you don't like, the Kelly is similar.

Yes, the Kelly gives you bragging rights. However, for functionality, the Trendy CC is much more versatile in my opinion. For me, I need a bag with an outside pocket to store my phone for easy access.

Of your three bags, for me, I would sell the 19, especially while it's still popular. Good luck to you!
Thanks so much for your input.

I absolutely love the Trendy. It’s actually my favourite bag! However, the reason I don’t use it is because of the lambskin, and the corner wear that I’ve seen on other Trendys. I used to only ever buy lambskin Chanel bags (mainly classic flaps) and have owned many over the years - I also have a lambskin wallet - and no matter what people say, it’s definitely not as hardy as caviar, and it shows wear and tear much faster. I am an absolute perfectionist and love my bags to stay in new condition. Because of this, I can’t bring myself to use the Trendy as I would another bag. I know the Kelly wouldn’t be my every day bag but I’m happy with that. It’s a classic bag and I’d rather have it in my collection.

You made a good point about selling the 19. I am actually selling that too! I use it a lot so it’s probably unwise of me to sell it but I just don’t feel the same about it. I feel it has become very dated. I find the chains and logo too blingy and gaudy for my taste.

There has definitely been more interest in my Trendy than my 19.

Reactions: BigAkoya