Maybe stupid question about the pochette metis

silkysilk

Mar 18, 2020
I’m still thinking about the pochette metis and i’m curious about the lock and that it is difficult to close. How it works? Do both buttons have to be pushed to the center? I saw a video and the guy was pushing the left button to the right the right button do not moves.
Another thing i’m curious is if i buy a pochette metis through their website in Europe, how do i know where it comes from? Does it has a chip? I called a LV customer service person and she told me that she couldn’t tell where precisely the bag would come from and that they do not know what the people of the ateliers put in or don’t put in the bags.That the chips are not active and the purpose is for refurbishments and repaired for the future. But didn’t told me if the bag indeed had a chip.
Why they don’t give me this information?
Now i’m a bit dissapointed because if i buy a handbag so expensive it’s nice to know this information for the future maybe i want to sell it.

Only one of the buttons moves. But to move it, it is the easiest to pinch both.
The chip is (as the datecode was) for internal use. The forum members and bag lovers obsess over it as if it meant anything, while it doesn't really. And asking them about it is like asking the costumer service person what colour their eyes are. They won't and shouldn't tell us.
They have multiple locations for manufacturing and also multiple for warehouses. Which again is private company info and irrelevant. I am sorry if Louis Vuitton disappointed you, but this is how it works around there. I doubt Hermès or Chanel would tell us anything like this either. Not to mention that it would make them more suspicious.

Thank you so much for the explanation. You are right! it’s not disappointment, i choose the wrong word, i just though it was normal to ask about the chip because i was reading it everywhere. Appreciate the information !

Reactions: Aliluvlv
The closure is not difficult. I can do without looking by one hand. Just stuff something in the front pocket. The new ones are micro chipped without a datecode. No one know where the chip locates. However you know where it was made. Since you are in EU, you mostly like get one made from france or spain.

I’m still thinking about the pochette metis and i’m curious about the lock and that it is difficult to close. How it works? Do both buttons have to be pushed to the center? I saw a video and the guy was pushing the left button to the right the right button do not moves.
Another thing i’m curious is if i buy a pochette metis through their website in Europe, how do i know where it comes from? Does it has a chip? I called a LV customer service person and she told me that she couldn’t tell where precisely the bag would come from and that they do not know what the people of the ateliers put in or don’t put in the bags.That the chips are not active and the purpose is for refurbishments and repaired for the future. But didn’t told me if the bag indeed had a chip.
Why they don’t give me this information?
Now i’m a bit dissapointed because if i buy a handbag so expensive it’s nice to know this information for the future maybe i want to sell it.
I have pochette metis and it is not difficult to close. Even though my bags have chips they still state made in france or made in Italy etc….I’m not sure what you mean by the chip is not active. You can download the app and check if the bag/item had the chip.

I find that it’s more difficult to close if there is little or nothing in the front pocket.
Me too. The bag is easier to open and close if there is stuff inside, as opposed to empty. At the bare minimum I always keep some tissues and masks in the front pocket.

I love my Pochette Metis in monogram. Always wanted one in empreinte.

Buy it. Love it.

I find that it’s more difficult to close if there is little or nothing in the front pocket.
I just got a family member a PM, and she also finds it hard to close when empty and doesn't want to scratch the buckle. Is there anything the store will do? Do they put a little oil or anything to make it easier to close? I'm not sure what to say besides if you don't like it, sell it.