Sofia Coppola (SC) Club

SC PM in granit (with an Etsy strap). This color just takes my breath away. I haven't seen it in person, but I think Coach currently has a color called dark stone that reminds me of this color; with that one exception, I feel this just such a rare and understated color.

View attachment 5741950
Oh this makes me so sad!! Happy for you that you still have this beauty!! I had this same bag, but it was recalled years ago for defective glazing. I so wish that I had insisted they repair rather than replace. The color is stunning. Hang onto this beauty!!

I’m trying to get one of these per loved and I notice that while some have a grey suede interior, others look more brownish in colour ans are marked as being alacantra / micro fibre. Is this just a mistake by the seller, or we’re not all bags lined in suede (the regular ones- I know the perforated ones weren’t).

Oh this makes me so sad!! Happy for you that you still have this beauty!! I had this same bag, but it was recalled years ago for defective glazing. I so wish that I had insisted they repair rather than replace. The color is stunning. Hang onto this beauty!!

Thank you! Like many who love this style but came late to the game, I probably read just about every page of the SC Club thread over the past couple of years to get up to speed on all things related to SC bags. And actually I remember the photo you posted of yours -- it was a beautiful photo of such a beautiful bag. Breathtakingly beautiful. So I have you to thank, actually, for priming the pump because when I saw this bag pop up on a resale site, I had been thinking, after seeing your photo, that if I ever saw this rare color pop up for sale, I need to grab it.

I am sorry too that you had to give yours up due to the glazing. You do have such a gorgeous collection of other bags -- hopefully that blunts the pain a bit.

Thank you! Like many who love this style but came late to the game, I probably read just about every page of the SC Club thread over the past couple of years to get up to speed on all things related to SC bags. And actually I remember the photo you posted of yours -- it was a beautiful photo of such a beautiful bag. Breathtakingly beautiful. So I have you to thank, actually, for priming the pump because when I saw this bag pop up on a resale site, I had been thinking, after seeing your photo, that if I ever saw this rare color pop up for sale, I need to grab it.

I am sorry too that you had to give yours up due to the glazing. You do have such a gorgeous collection of other bags -- hopefully that blunts the pain a bit.
Oh my what a wonderful story and I am so happy to have inspired you! You are right that I have many beautiful bags to ease that pain, but it still remains one of my all time favorite neutral colors. Enjoy!!!

Beautiful bag! Just wondering if the Cadillac product leaves a shiny coat after the treatment and does it has a perfume-type of fragance? Thank you
Hi, from my personal experience with the Cadillac Select premium lotion:
— it seems to work nicely to condition my leather bags—thus far, I have used it on Chanel bags (caviar and lambskin leathers in black, red colors) and LV empreinte leathers and now, the SC bag. The lotion was recommended to me by a Chanel SA.
(I personally did not have a good experience with Apple leather conditioner as it lifted the color off one of my leather bags).
—that said, Less is more, be gentle and always run a test patch first.
I just use a small dab of the Cadillac lotion onto a cotton cloth and very gently rub it onto the leather. The leather initially looks a little ‘shiny’ when the lotion is freshly applied but after the leather has absorbed it, there isn’t a dramatic ‘shine’ but rather, a little depth to the color. Hope thud makes sense.
—In regard to odor, there is a slight odor that is neither pleasant nor offensive but don’t let that dissuade you since the odor does not linger once the leather has absorbed the lotion.

Hi, from my personal experience with the Cadillac Select premium lotion:
— it seems to work nicely to condition my leather bags—thus far, I have used it on Chanel bags (caviar and lambskin leathers in black, red colors) and LV empreinte leathers and now, the SC bag. The lotion was recommended to me by a Chanel SA.
(I personally did not have a good experience with Apple leather conditioner as it lifted the color off one of my leather bags).
—that said, Less is more, be gentle and always run a test patch first.
I just use a small dab of the Cadillac lotion onto a cotton cloth and very gently rub it onto the leather. The leather initially looks a little ‘shiny’ when the lotion is freshly applied but after the leather has absorbed it, there isn’t a dramatic ‘shine’ but rather, a little depth to the color. Hope thud makes sense.
—In regard to odor, there is a slight odor that is neither pleasant nor offensive but don’t let that dissuade you since the odor does not linger once the leather has absorbed the lotion.
Thank you, very helpful

Reactions: weezer