My Exotic Prada Collection!

Yoshi1296

O.G.
Dec 29, 2012
Hi! So as I promised (apologies for my delay) I wanted to share my exotic Prada collection for all of you to see.

Every single one of these bags are preowned, and many have been purchased with the help of all of the lovely authentication experts here on this Prada sub-forum. Thank you @Prada Psycho @missfiggy and @Bratty1919 for your help with many of these bags I’ve purchased over the years!

AE68FABA-357D-41BC-80E6-E14F838DCDFE.jpeg

D948BBD8-03C4-404D-B859-7D52C56DE466.jpeg

Yoshi, you collection is amazing, thanks for showing us.

Like all of them hugely, but I particularly love that hand-held natural lizard bag with the kiss-lock, top-right of the group pic. There's something so Art Deco about it. Do you know what it's called and the year it came out?

What an amazing collection of truly special bags! :smile: I’ve never seen one Prada exotic in the wild so amazing that you’ve got such a splendid array! And yes, the authenticators here are total handbag angels, when I first started coveting Prada way back in 2005 (used to have another account but I’ve forgotten the log in details, but I recognise the usernames!) they saved me from a fair few costly mistakes and fuelled my love of Prada :smile: so thanks guys!:heart:

• Love
Reactions: Prada Psycho
I've been wondering when you're going to post your wonderful Prada collection! Such gorgeous bags, congrats :smile: Love the python metallic hobo, it's absolutely stunning. And the red and dark burgundy totes, too.

Which one of these is your most used bag? And if you have one, which one is your favorite?

Yoshi, you collection is amazing, thanks for showing us.

Like all of them hugely, but I particularly love that hand-held natural lizard bag with the kiss-lock, top-right of the group pic. There's something so Art Deco about it. Do you know what it's called and the year it came out?
Hi @papertiger !! THANK YOU!

Yeah! That’s actually a runway piece from one of my favorite Prada shows, Fall 2000. Here’s a pic of it on the runway! It’s the Lucertola Frame Clutch and they’ve made different sizes too. The color I have is salmon I believe, but they’ve done a natural color one too. There’s actually 2 available on therealreal right now. Be sure to get it authenticated though!

Attachments

• BBD73B1F-9225-412C-8FF2-95A9BF5A7414.jpeg
    BBD73B1F-9225-412C-8FF2-95A9BF5A7414.jpeg
    313.8 KB · Views: 18
@Yoshi1296 I...DIE...! Yes, I've helped authenticate most of your bags over the years, so it's not like I've not seen them before. BUT to see them all together in a photo as a collection? Even this Old Lady Authenticator gasped outloud! I showed your photos to my Hubby and even he was stunned.

Thank you so much for sharing this gorgeous vintage exotic collection with us. You have amazing taste! These were the Prada bags that I fell for and they were made when Prada could be proud of what they produced, both in quality and style.
:love::love::hbeat:

Reactions: papertiger
Hi @papertiger !! THANK YOU!

Yeah! That’s actually a runway piece from one of my favorite Prada shows, Fall 2000. Here’s a pic of it on the runway! It’s the Lucertola Frame Clutch and they’ve made different sizes too. The color I have is salmon I believe, but they’ve done a natural color one too. There’s actually 2 available on therealreal right now. Be sure to get it authenticated though!

That's not a surprise, I loved that collection, in fact that Prada whole era. I have an ostrich jacket and lipstick-print skirt from the SS00 that my mother bought me, and I have the shoes to match your bag from SS00. I remember the fur tippet craze. There is a slight 1940s feel about the collection, but in a way too, the pieces are forever classics.

I love your collection. Love exotics

Thanks!

Fabulous!

Thank you!

Amazing :love: so many different styles, colours and leathers.

Thanks so much!

What an amazing collection of truly special bags! :smile: I’ve never seen one Prada exotic in the wild so amazing that you’ve got such a splendid array! And yes, the authenticators here are total handbag angels, when I first started coveting Prada way back in 2005 (used to have another account but I’ve forgotten the log in details, but I recognise the usernames!) they saved me from a fair few costly mistakes and fuelled my love of Prada :smile: so thanks guys!:heart:

Thank you! yes the authenticators are truly amazing!

I've been wondering when you're going to post your wonderful Prada collection! Such gorgeous bags, congrats :smile: Love the python metallic hobo, it's absolutely stunning. And the red and dark burgundy totes, too.

Which one of these is your most used bag? And if you have one, which one is your favorite?

My most used is the red ostrich prada which my mother actually bought years ago that I use now. But my favorite is the dark brown crocodile one all the way on the top left. The one with the flap going over it. I like that one the most because the flap carries over to the back as one single piece of croc leather, so its a huge part of the croc, very beautiful!

@Yoshi1296 I...DIE...! Yes, I've helped authenticate most of your bags over the years, so it's not like I've not seen them before. BUT to see them all together in a photo as a collection? Even this Old Lady Authenticator gasped outloud! I showed your photos to my Hubby and even he was stunned.

Thank you so much for sharing this gorgeous vintage exotic collection with us. You have amazing taste! These were the Prada bags that I fell for and they were made when Prada could be proud of what they produced, both in quality and style.
:love::love::hbeat:

Ahh Thank you @Prada Psycho !! Im so glad you love the collection. Im happy to have taken this group picture.

Thank you again, I agree. The quality of these are simply impeccable. The stitching is so well done on these. You can tell there was a lot of attention put into the creation of these bags.

That's not a surprise, I loved that collection, in fact that Prada whole era. I have an ostrich jacket and lipstick-print skirt from the SS00 that my mother bought me, and I have the shoes to match your bag from SS00. I remember the fur tippet craze. There is a slight 1940s feel about the collection, but in a way too, the pieces are forever classics.

OMG!!! Show me the shoes and the ostrich jacket whenever you can!! Id love to see. SS2000 is one of my favorite collections too. Fall 1999, SS 2000, and Fall 2000 will always be my top favorite collections from Miuccia.

You are so right, Fall 2000 felt super 40s. and those sequin dresses at the end of the collection were just perfectly 40s!

Last edited:
Ahh Thank you @Prada Psycho !! Im so glad you love the collection. Im happy to have taken this group picture.

Thank you again, I agree. The quality of these are simply impeccable. The stitching is so well done on these. You can tell there was a lot of attention put into the creation of these bags.

OMG!!! Show me the shoes and the ostrich jacket whenever you can!! Id love to see. SS2000 is one of my favorite collections too. Fall 1999, SS 2000, and Fall 2000 will always be my top favorite collections from Miuccia.

You are so right, Fall 2000 felt super 40s. and those sequin dresses at the end of the collection were just perfectly 40s!

You are a true fashion lover!

Shoes and jacket still regular worn

greybag40s_zpseb35yzmh.jpgpradaostrich.jpeg