Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

I know in the scope of everything H revealed this isn’t a big deal, but I don’t think it was right of him to tell the world that William didn’t want to wear that red jacket on his wedding day. It’s really not his story to share.

I think it's all about diminishing Will and Kate's wedding. Such spectacular scenes: the bride and groom, the crowds, the Queen and guests in their finery, the setting at Westminster Abbey. All Harry's petty comments, that he wasn't really best man, that Will didn't want to wear that red jacket but was likely asked to do so for optics, that everyone in the family married someone who fits the mold (while he married for love), it's all about diminishing Will and Kate's wedding and relationship.

Very petty and not his story to share, as you said. Who knows, maybe William also didn't want to wear that black uniform at Harry and MM's wedding. I thought they both looked like they were dressed in mourning clothes. They could have passed for 19th century undertakers.

Most certainly the writing style shifted pre/post MM. Will there be an audience for book 2 and beyond?
Seems like, with the drop in popularity, the risk of losing buyers is real.
But I think it is the JUICE a that is selling the book, not the contributions by MM
So, a sequel would have to be JUICY when excerpts appear prior to publication so sales will tank

I think it's all about diminishing Will and Kate's wedding. Such spectacular scenes: the bride and groom, the crowds, the Queen and guests in their finery, the setting at Westminster Abbey. All Harry's petty comments, that he wasn't really best man, that Will didn't want to wear that red jacket but was likely asked to do so for optics, that everyone in the family married someone who fits the mold (while he married for love), it's all about diminishing Will and Kate's wedding and relationship.

Very petty and not his story to share, as you said. Who knows, maybe William also didn't want to wear that black uniform at Harry and MM's wedding. I thought they both looked like they were dressed in mourning clothes. They could have passed for 19th century undertakers.
The best man story is like the garden wedding story - both can be intcontrovertbly disproved by the yards of video footage
The book accounts shows a loss of hold on reality by the author

H had the best man position beside W at Church
Canterbury married them in Church in front of the Queen

I wonder if he was also on drugs when providing information to the ghost writer. I don't buy Harold's accounts of his boarding school days. I find it difficult to believe the description of baths with assistance up to 13yo. I was younger when I went to a girls boarding school and the morning showers were done in individual cubicles with privacy. They had lice outbreaks nearly every week, he must be fantasizing.

That was a bit creepy to read. Does anyone here know someone who works or has worked at one of those hoity-toity British boarding schools who could refute his claims?

I am inclined to say it is nonsense but for all I know the British elite insist on having their snotty little brats pampered like that. :whut:

Most certainly the writing style shifted pre/post MM. Will there be an audience for book 2 and beyond?
Seems like, with the drop in popularity, the risk of losing buyers is real.
her book could pop up later this year , but only after Bower and scobie redo theirs, she will want to rebut - have the last word
More podcasts ???
There could be another reality show this year, going to the UN and their charity work , they have footage in the can
He will be taking time off after the book tour, trying to navigate the coronation where he would be a pariah

I think William in mourning clothes at his brother's wedding sounds entirely appropriate, even prophetic :sunnies:

I just thought of the Depp/Heard trial today and I really hope H&M livestream their divorce.

It would have all the same juicy minor celebrity gets ahead of themselves narc lunacy, copious allegations of drugs and perversion with the added flavour of seeing which of them will finally win the oppression Olympics. Then onto who gets joint custody of their central casting account… I mean children!
I cancelled Netflix the second I heard they had signed up those two. I’ve even refused offers from friends and family to use their login. Don’t miss it.

I’ve cancelled Amazon, to be honest having the next day delivery made me a lazy shopper. Much of what I bought is now in the bin or charity shop. And it’s often overpriced. I support UK business as much as possible now. Love John Lewis.

I’ve just cancelled my ITV subscription. I detest adverts with a passion but I’ll stop streaming ITV+, dig out my old hard drive recorder and use that instead. At least with ITV I was “allowed” the option to provide my reason for cancelling. Small mercies :lol:

View attachment 5695332
I love a department store they are great. I am trying to buy British or European made this year. Just gone a bit mad at Emma Bridgewater actually. I do wish JL and like did buy a bit more British made though.

I can’t stand Amazon and won’t buy from them. They exploit their workers, don’t pay taxes, allow extremely dubious sourcing with little accountability for safety, threaten union organisers and they took an absolute King Kong size dump on Tolkien.
Why is she always so rude. I really don't understand. Is it to hard to say something polite for once, especially when you were part of an event you couldn't have dreamed of attending just a year prior.

Also, why does he seem to find it cute and the people taken aback are in the wrong?

Woah, woah that’s coming dangerously close to a joke.

I don’t believe she has:
1) any sense of humour and
2) a decent enough command of English (given the bench and the fact she did an entire episode on ‘dragon ladies’ when she meant ‘tiger moms’)
to get even close to a witticism.

I’d believe either:-
‘It was ****ing boring’ or ‘H!H! She verbally assaulted me again!’ *faints into a crumpled mess.

I just thought of the Depp/Heard trial today and I really hope H&M livestream their divorce.

It would have all the same juicy minor celebrity gets ahead of themselves narc lunacy, copious allegations of drugs and perversion with the added flavour of seeing which of them will finally win the oppression Olympics. Then onto who gets joint custody of their central casting account… I mean children!
It wouldn't be a fair fight. Like taking a tank (Meghan) to fight a slingshot (Harry).

Meghan would crucify him in court and by the time she was done, Harry would be begging her to forgive him and agreeing to all of her terms.

That was a bit creepy to read. Does anyone here know someone who works or has worked at one of those hoity-toity British boarding schools who could refute his claims?

I am inclined to say it is nonsense but for all I know the British elite insist on having their snotty little brats pampered like that. :whut:

I went to English boarding schools in the Summer holidays between 12-16.

This was in the holidays of the regular girls that boarded throughout the academic year and went away when I was attending.

One was run by the nuns and the other not.

In the one run by nuns Here (closed 2020) was Catholic, some girls were in small dorms but not me, we had cubicles with just a curtain in the dormitories to sleep in, a nun would come in to the main part of the room walk round to swish the curtains shut last thing before lights out 10pm, but did not come in to visit each cubicle (I think they were just checking everyone was already in bed, one girl per cubicle). The nuns never came into the communal bath and shower rooms. No over-personal funny stuff at all. Mostly we looked after ourselves and were expected to.

In the other place we had beds in small dorms even then Here . An adult looked in and turned out the light, no tucking-in or other weird stuff. Showers had to be finished by breakfast. Baths had to be booked ahead and only in the evenings - by ourselves - no weird stuff.

I also have a very good friend who's a House Mother at not Eton, but a very posh English public (private) school. She is an academic with a PhD in history and not a 'matron'. She offers a friendly ear to boys who are homesick or need support etc. She certainly does not soap their backs or check them for nits or whatever.

I had a brilliant time barding. Harry doesn't know how lucky and privileged he is (obviously). Perhaps he should add 'whinge' and 'cringe' to his middle names. The man, or should I say 'Towel 116' is just embarrassing.

The real question is why did little mr devoted not outbid Kim for his snooky-poo and the reincarnation of Di?
I wondered that too, but when I saw how large the pendant is I assumed it was not to her liking, or else she would have made him buy it for her so she could constantly remind everyone of her eternal connection to Diana.

So from what I’ve heard no. That said maybe most men wouldn’t admit it. I will also say Eton is a bit of a law unto itself even among boarding schools. I have heard
*historically at least* about the ‘fagging’ system of making a younger boy do menial tasks for an older one as a sort of hazing thing.