Dior RTW

@tutu2008 , I love the ivory tulle on you! If you love wearing it, then it’s very versatile. I think the outfit you put together coordinates well

I love the the two skirts! Did you happen to try either of them on? Wondering about the fit and density of the pleats.
Hi, yes, I did try them on in pics 3 and 4 of the post above. Will repost pics (I took a size 40 which seems to be my size in dior leather skirts. In H leather skirts, I believe I am a 38. In chanel, 38-40 depending. My waist is the issue as it is large for my size. I’m holding the first one together bc I didn’t have a top so my A line sun dress is beneath, but my SA confirmed that this is my size. For thr first skirt with pleats and grommets, I was not happy about the increased price 7100 USD. Last season a dior leather skirt was 4K but without the workmanship.

note: the lattice is completely see through (like an alaia laser cut belt) and the lattice doesn’t go all the way around (opening on the size (my SA said that’s on purpose) so it’s like a 4K apron lol. At 54, I’m too old for a leather lattice apron, no matter how much I diet lol.

1F8ECF83-3A59-49F6-9414-ABC50315754E.jpeg761C0D7B-8BDD-49DE-B9F0-BBE0A82DA9F1.jpeg

Last edited:
Tried out a couple items, and brought the oblique walk n dior sneakers home! Love the new floral cashmere shawl, a bit pricey for what it’s worth but man is it soft and pretty :smile: def getting on my list. Thanks to my SA for the lovely bouquet!

View attachment 5404385

View attachment 5404386

View attachment 5404387

View attachment 5404388

View attachment 5404389

View attachment 5404390
I love that floral shawl, too! It's beautiful :love: I have it on my wishlist, but I did pick up the Mitzah version to use for now. The store only got in 1 shawl and 2 Mitzahs.:crybaby:

@tutu2008 , I love the ivory tulle on you! If you love wearing it, then it’s very versatile. I think the outfit you put together coordinates well

Hi, yes, I did try them on in pics 3 and 4 of the post above. Will repost pics (I took a size 40 which seems to be my size in dior leather skirts. In H leather skirts, I believe I am a 38. In chanel, 38-40 depending. My waist is the issue as it is large for my size. I’m holding the first one together bc I didn’t have a top so my A line sun dress is beneath, but my SA confirmed that this is my size. For thr first skirt, I was not happy about the increased price. Last season a dior leather skirt was 4K but without the workmanship of pleats or grommets.

note: the lattice is completely see through (like an alaia laser cut belt) and the lattice doesn’t go all the way around (opening on the size (my SA said that’s on purpose) so it’s like a 4K apron lol. maybe I’m too old, but IDK what is the point

View attachment 5412690View attachment 5412691
The skirt looks really nice on you from your pictures.

• Thanks
  • Love
Reactions: tutu_08 and 880

Hi, yes, I did try them on in pics 3 and 4 of the post above. Will repost pics (I took a size 40 which seems to be my size in dior leather skirts. In H leather skirts, I believe I am a 38. In chanel, 38-40 depending. My waist is the issue as it is large for my size. I’m holding the first one together bc I didn’t have a top so my A line sun dress is beneath, but my SA confirmed that this is my size. For thr first skirt with pleats and grommets, I was not happy about the increased price 7100 USD. Last season a dior leather skirt was 4K but without the workmanship.

note: the lattice is completely see through (like an alaia laser cut belt) and the lattice doesn’t go all the way around (opening on the size (my SA said that’s on purpose) so it’s like a 4K apron lol. At 54, I’m too old for a leather lattice apron, no matter how much I diet lol.

View attachment 5412690View attachment 5412691

lol— nonsense, you look great in the lattice (apron)! My apologies for making you repost these… I think the dress underneath threw me off/ didn’t see the skirts but I see them clearly now when I zoomed into the photo. You’re right, 7k seems a bit over the top (Chanel leather pricing). My husband is traveling to my where my “home store” is so I was thinking of having him pick at least one of the two up sight unseen (lol) but seems too risky. Great catch on the alaia vibes btw— totally seeing that now.
You’re mod shots are always so helpful! Thanks!

Wow!! The ivory makes you look like walking on clouds. :love: I would not have stopped wearing it everyday!!! Tbh with you, the white one is much more special than the black one. You actually made me want to try on the white how!!! I’d say go for it. :yes:

Went in with the intent to try on and buy the black tulle skirt today, which fit a little snug. So I tried on the ivory for size reference, only to absolutely fall in love with it! The ivory instantly made me feel beautiful, and yes, I did a twirl lol. The feelings the ivory gave me changed my mind from ordering the black skirt. But I didn’t purchase the ivory because, well, is it really a practical color? It’s slightly transparent but also isn’t as versatile as a black one, right? Truth be told, I can’t stop thinking of it.

I did buy the cardigan which is a great year-around piece. It’s a softer and lighter wool, mixed with cashmere. Not one of their itchy/thick/stiff knitwear.
View attachment 5412605

You know I just need a tiny bit of enabling, ha ha! I also realize the outfit as a whole doesn’t really go. I was trying on the cardigan with a pair of pants, and kept it on…
I love the skirt on you, if you love it you will find all kinds of ways to wear it! Also, I really like it with the cardigan also, the outfit has a great vibe to it.

• Love
Reactions: tutu_08
Got these two RTW items a couple of weeks back. Thrilled for both, and as always love the ease of buying Dior, with awesome service. I really wanted a casual, cannage coat and this was a great choice. When I first received it, I was nervous about the “cutouts” around the hips but turns out it’s brilliant, as I carry weight around my mid-section, very clever design. Longer in the back for nice coverage. I also picked up this sleeveless sweater/vest. It’s beautiful in person, super easy to wear, and a fantastic price point. My last Chanel t-shirts were 30-40% more than this lovely knit!

This process was a huge breath of fresh air as well! I am suffering serious fatigue from Chanel shenanigans! And super wearable pieces as well!

FA3F09A7-DD03-455D-90C1-A5275519A32F.jpeg

186965AA-7EBA-48C3-8C1F-ECE47A527C07.jpeg

4ED83779-981A-4E9D-BAAF-20CB6FE1B3BC.jpeg

Last edited:
Got these two RTW items a couple of weeks back. Thrilled for both, and as always love the ease of buying Dior, with awesome service. I really wanted a casual, cannage coat and this was a great choice. When I first received it, I was nervous about the “cutouts” around the hips but turns out it’s brilliant, as I carry weight around my mid-section, very clever design. Longer in the back for nice coverage. I also picked up this sleeveless sweater/vest. It’s beautiful in person, super easy to wear, and a fantastic price point. My last Chanel t-shirts were 30-40% more than this lovely knit!

This process was a huge breath of fresh air as well! I am suffering serious fatigue from Chanel shenanigans! And super wearable pieces as well!

View attachment 5413541

View attachment 5413542

View attachment 5413543
Oh I am crazy for that jacket! Looks great on you!

• Thanks
Reactions: 880 and sheeby
View attachment 5413930
At DS' school for Prize Giving. Almost all the Mummies wore some version of this "summer school visit" look. Denim or cotton jacket/ cardigan/ shawl plus summer dress plus sneakers/ wedges/ espadrilles.
Dior hat, dress, espadrilles. Hermes denim jacket.

I know this is the Dior rtw thread but may I just say I love that Hermes denim jacket on you! Is it from this season?