Scarves Scarf of the Day 2022 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon. I am posting my newest floral scarf: Index Bromeliaciae which celebrates the plants in the bromeliad family, including succulents, pineapples and...Spanish Moss! This last is abundant in New Orleans, hanging high in the canopy of the Southern Live Oak. It is spooky and ethereal and there are many legends and folktales associated with it. When the French and Spanish were fighting over possession of New Orleans, the French derisively called this plant Spanish Mustache (it is believed that Spanish Moss is a corruption of this epithet) and the Spaniards, with equal derision, called it "cabello francés" or French Hair. Children believe it to be ghost hair, witches locks, in short basic natural "magick." Here's a photo of an oak I see on my regular walks in Audubon Park. This enchanting botanical marvel that seems to subsist on air is a distinctive and graceful part of our urban landscape:
View attachment 5401654
View attachment 5401662View attachment 5401666
That tree is spectacular. And Index Bromeliaciae -what a beauty! Oh my. I love your sweater, too, a perfect color to pair with your newest floral acquisition. Speaking of acquisitions, here is my newest, thus becoming @LKBNOLA’s twin once more. Les Nouveaux Amoreaux de Paris. :hbeat:
16C32917-9743-4D5B-92C0-8370D030F72D.jpegHow I managed to acquire this is quite a story, IMHO. I saw it on Buyma, but it was, predictably, overpriced. So I looked on US H.com and it indicated it was in stores only. I started putting in addresses - Boston, NYC, Chicago, and on. No luck. So I called H.com and the rep said it was sold out. Undeterred, I started trying California, and guess what? Palo Alto had one! So it pays to persevere. The SA at the store was lovely to me, too. I have always wanted this design but not the gav or the 90. When I saw @LKBNOLA model it recently, I fell in love with the bandana format. :drinkup:

Last edited:
That tree is spectacular. And Index Bromeliaciae -what a beauty! Oh my. I love your sweater, too, a perfect color to pair with your newest floral acquisition. Speaking of acquisitions, here is my newest, thus becoming @LKBNOLA’s twin once more. Les Nouveaux Amoreaux de Paris. :hbeat:
View attachment 5402277How I managed to acquire this is quite a story, IMHO. I saw it on Buyma, but it was, predictably, overpriced. So I looked on US H.com and it indicated it was in stores only. I started putting in addresses - Boston, NYC, Chicago, and on. No luck. So I called H.com and the rep said it was sold out - completely. Undeterred, I started trying California, and guess what? Palo Alto had one! So it pays to persevere. The SA at the store was lovely to me, too. I have always wanted this design but not the gav or the 90. When I saw @LKBNOLA model it recently, I fell in love with the bandana format. :drinkup:
Congratulations! You wear it so well! I love mine and I am glad you found one. How nice to find a friendly SA so far away. Always love to be twins!!! :heart: :heart: :flowers:

View attachment 5402277How I managed to acquire this is quite a story, IMHO. I saw it on Buyma, but it was, predictably, overpriced. So I looked on US H.com and it indicated it was in stores only. I started putting in addresses - Boston, NYC, Chicago, and on. No luck. So I called H.com and the rep said it was sold out - completely. Undeterred, I started trying California, and guess what? Palo Alto had one! So it pays to persevere. The SA at the store was lovely to me, too. I have always wanted this design but not the gav or the 90. When I saw @LKBNOLA model it recently, I fell in love with the bandana format. :drinkup:
Congrats, Karenska ... it was left esp. for you!

These are gorgeous, Croisette, especially the delicate rose and acqua.
Thank you!

Thank you! Useful for highlighting the green and hiding the border!

Oh, this blue grey is just TDF and the other so lovely also!

It is fabulous with the stripes!
Thank you kindly!

• Love
Reactions: Maedi and Karenska
I first saw a bird of paradise plant many years ago when DH and I travelled to San Diego in January soon after we were married. It was my first time going someplace warm in the winter, and I was instantly sold on the idea of a tropical getaway in the winter. The hotel grounds were covered in these magnificent and stately orange flowers.

View attachment 5400669View attachment 5400670

I became an immediate fan of this flower, which is originally from South Africa. This is my favorite flower on Faubourg Tropical, and I am completely mystified as to why none of the colorways show this flower in its brilliant orange. It's not like Hermes doesn't do orange, after all.

View attachment 5400678
View attachment 5400679

The bird of paradise is a symbol of freedom and the ability to travel, due to the flower's resemblance to birds in flight. It can mean paradise on Earth and faithfulness in romantic relationships. Having first seen it decades ago on a trip with my husband, it means all of that personally to me as well.

My SOTD is Faubourg Tropical.

View attachment 5400683
So gorgeous and really beautiful with that color of pink in your blouse. Such a luscious design.

Gorgeous colorway! Haven’t ever seen it.
Thank you so much!
The FdL is a 90 moussie… such a great size for the warm months!

Thank you! Orange and pink are so perfect together, and - yes - that Offerandes is an unusual color… but the olive is beautifully offset by the brighter greens and blues… it truly is gorgeous… as is my salmon colorway :giggle:

Thanks sweetie! :hugs:

Woooooo - whatta beauty! I ❤ Pierre Marie!
But… I also see a spectacular necklace peeping out at us (the perfeet color too!) - tell us a bit about that?
Awwwww ty! Got this at the FSH mothership - talk about meta! The necklace (and a couple bracelets) came from Turkey (oooof cannot recall the city) which is one of the best trips I’ve ever taken (Alaska and Cairns and Spain also clamoring for top spots on the My Favorite Trip list)

Here is the lovely forest vegetation of Au Coeur de la Vie, including orchids and "flesh eating plants" (:nuts: according to H's Story Behind). I think I will concentrate on orchids! @xincinsin already posted background information on those beauties...
View attachment 5402270
I. Love. That. Knot! Great for hiding borders. Would love deets!
View attachment 5402277How I managed to acquire this is quite a story, IMHO. I saw it on Buyma, but it was, predictably, overpriced. So I looked on US H.com and it indicated it was in stores only. I started putting in addresses - Boston, NYC, Chicago, and on. No luck. So I called H.com and the rep said it was sold out. Undeterred, I started trying California, and guess what? Palo Alto had one! So it pays to persevere. The SA at the store was lovely to me, too. I have always wanted this design but not the gav or the 90. When I saw @LKBNOLA model it recently, I fell in love with the bandana format. :drinkup:
Perfection! And that pendant :loveeyes:
More beautiful florals! That grey blue Lotus is breathtaking!

Today I'm wearing another Kermit Oliver design that has birds and flowers around the border. The Caesar Kleberg Wildlife Conservation limited edition of La Vie Sauvage du Texas. Once again I'm stumped as to the identity of most of the blossoms, but thanks to yesterday's study of Passiflores, Oliver's passion flower jumped out at me. And, I had to include the adorable goldfinch.

20220512_171752.jpg

I'd like to focus on one other blossom, this pretty aster, and tell you my story about this plant.

20220512_171721.jpg

This is Gaillardia pulchella, also known as Indian Blanket, Firewheel, or Girasol Rojo. This internet photo was taken at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center in Austin, Texas. There are legends about this flower, including one where the wife of a Native American chief wove a blanket for her husband in order to pray for his safe return. The threads were red and orange, like the flower.

IMG_4319.jpg

This beautiful flower is native to much of the United States, including where I live. I first encountered it many years ago when I offered to plant flowers next to my flying club's airport hangar. I chose native wildflowers and these plants did quite excellent, and for several years we had beautiful blooms. Then, one spring an airport maintenance person was out spraying weeds and noticed these plants coming up that were clearly not grass. He put so much weed killer on them that nothing grows there to this day. Thus ended my small attempt at airport beautification. :annoyed:

Introducing my scarf of the day, Caesar Kleberg Wildlife Conservation.

20220513_082510.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.