Scarves Scarf of the Day 2022 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still in the mountains of South Africa today... According to the Story Behind on H.com "The Cape mountain zebra is a rare protected species found in the south-eastern provinces of South Africa. Alice Shirley’s design is modeled on a foal that has wandered off to explore the fynbos, the unique vegetation of the southernmost region of the country. It grows in poor soil, and is regenerated by the bush fires sparked by lightning in the dry season. In spring, the fynbos transforms into a fragrant, multi-colored carpet of flowers, a dreamlike vista. The artist has reproduced almost forty different plants to create a sumptuous setting for the little zebra." I learned that among the flowers in the Fynbos Biome are many varieties of Proteus-- there's one in highlighted in the corner!
View attachment 5400036
I specifically came back to this post to comment. I just love this whole entire look. And I am going to do this knot soon too. Great one for certain designs

Not on theme at all but I got scarf mail today! My new to me Cent Plis des Miao came to me still in factory folds, probably unworn and in a cw I‘ve always wanted. Now I must try and figure out how to tie it to show off the almost three dimensional pattern.

View attachment 5400041
Congrats on finding this one! Such amazing colors in it, love the tones. I think this design translates really well to csgm.

Good afternoon. I am posting my newest floral scarf: Index Bromeliaciae which celebrates the plants in the bromeliad family, including succulents, pineapples and...Spanish Moss! This last is abundant in New Orleans, hanging high in the canopy of the Southern Live Oak. It is spooky and ethereal and there are many legends and folktales associated with it. When the French and Spanish were fighting over possession of New Orleans, the French derisively called this plant Spanish Mustache (it is believed that Spanish Moss is a corruption of this epithet) and the Spaniards, with equal derision, called it "cabello francés" or French Hair. Children believe it to be ghost hair, witches locks, in short basic natural "magick." Here's a photo of an oak I see on my regular walks in Audubon Park. This enchanting botanical marvel that seems to subsist on air is a distinctive and graceful part of our urban landscape:
View attachment 5401654
View attachment 5401662View attachment 5401666
This one is lovely on you!

I have a busy and not particularly scarf friendly day but I have two floral additions to share. I am delighted to have finally had two scarf searches rewarded recently. I found a mousseline version of Etude Pour un Iris-Arc-en-Ciel which of course features the Iris flower, named after the greek Goddess who personified the rainbow. Her flower is said to be the bridge between heaven and earth. Teleflora informs me that the Iris became linked to the French monarchy in the Middle Ages, finding decorative expression and symbolism in the fleur-de-lis.
View attachment 5400614
And second, I found the cw of A l'Ombre des Pivoines that I have been avidly searching for! It is a bit wabi-sabi (no care tag, one tiny snag) but I am so happy I would forgive it almost anything! Inspired by @Living.la.vida.fifi , twins with @Maedi, @de vent , @xincinsin, @lanit and others I have not bookmarked , I am sure. And another fun fact about peonies! They are the state flower of Indiana and the traditional twelfth anniversary flower symboliizing good fortune and a happy marriage :heart: :flowers:
View attachment 5400615
@LKBNOLA, so happy to be your twin and I can't wait to learn from you how to combine it with other colors. And a little jealous of your mousseline arc, a fantastic design and scale for the mousseline GM.

Reactions: Nomad
A few wildflowers (from my insta)
View attachment 5400974
View attachment 5400975
And today’s scarf - Fleurs de Lotus. So beautiful, and I’m thrilled with this scarf. ❤️❤️❤️
The lotus has many ‘meanings’. In Egypt it wa associated with the Sun God Ra - because it emerged from the water, followed the path of the sun, and then closed up and returned to the water when the sun set. The Egyptians also felt the lotus was symbolic of creation, rebirth, strength and power; and also innocence, modesty and purity.
Whatever you chose to think of the lotus, it is beautiful… and my earrings matched!
View attachment 5400972
View attachment 5400973
Stunning! I love the earrings, too.

• Love
Reactions: Cookiefiend
For my offering today, Offrandes d’un Jour.

From the Hermès stories - Offrandes d’un Jour - “A light yet meaningful ceremony: each morning during the harvest season, the women of Kerala, a state in southwest India, use flower petals to make concentric designs representing divinities, sacred symbols and animals on the ground. These temporary works of art disappear over the course of the day only to be made again the next morning with an additional color, up until the tenth day when the designs burst into fireworks of color.”

The state flower of Kerala is Kanikonna, from the Golden Rain Tree. These blossoms are used to make these beautiful floral patterns.
View attachment 5401444
View attachment 5401445
You know I ADORE this color way.

• Love
Reactions: Cookiefiend
Such gorgeous borders!
It is a beauty in this cw @Redbirdhermes with or without the bird of paradise in its true color...

Thank you both @Croisette7 and @MAGJES!

Great look all around. It looks amazing on you @Teaforparrots -- congrats again on your find.

That tiny mors ring is just the perfect touch for this cute summery look @Snausages. And thank you for your kind words...

:ty: :hugs:

How beautiful @Cookiefiend and your earrings are perfect-- a 90 mousseline, right?

Lovely photos @Nomad!

It is so summery and fun and looks charmingly perfect with your stripes @Maedi!

Perfection with your brooch @Croisette7!

I haven't had much chance to play with it yet, but my twins @Marie-the-Mary, @Cookiefiens and @Redbirdhermes have mod shots-- if not on this thread you can find them on the Spring Summer 2022 thread! It is a beauty and I am always happy to meet another BdG fan @MsScarfGirl!

Your bouquet and your scarves are all so lovely @HScarfCollector but I am just sitting here in a swoon over that Amours...

An amazing post of what must have been an amazing experience @Broceliande22 !

Oh, it is stunning @Redbirdhermes -- I am partial to this flower and the fruit is a family favorite for sorbet n ice cream! Your cw is fabulous and it looks wonderful with your yellow shirt!

Beautiful @HScarfCollector. Though I know what you mean about the scent...

So interesting! And the scarf is a real beauty on you @Cookiefiend!

What a beautiful cw of this lovely design @Croisette7.

I love your seasonal floral array @xincinsin but I love all the designs and your commentary. Your Serenity is TDF...

Beautiful-- I can't believe this is its maiden voyage! I love how you have styled it @MAGJES (twin!)

I make this quadruplets with @MAGJES, @Cookiefiend and @Croisette7!

Oh, my. One beautiful floral after another @Croisette7 -- I especially love the beautiful marigold border on the first Herbier de Gavarnie and the lovely fresh colors on Oeillets Sauvages...And Serenite has long been on my wish list...
Thanks for posting - I'm starting to realize how nicely this one ties!
hopping in on page 500 haha.

:faint: The beautiful neutral ombre. Wow. Congratulations for finding it! And etude is just one of those scarves that is amazing in all cw’s.

awesome info! I just love this scarf. And wow you pulled the orange colors out so perfectly

beautiful against the top.

such interesting info. I loveeeeee this against the yellow cardi.

such great colors on you

I always love seeing this twilly

here is that H magic of mixing oranges and soft pinks. I love this look. It is similar but softer colors to @LKBNOLA’s mountain zebra. Which i loved that look too so much. With the black.

this is the best colorway of offrandes I think! I cant wear it but love seeing you in it.

I have never heard of your cavale scarf. I will have to look it up. I am loving the snippet of design in your photo. And so interesting with the matte blanc and metallics.

So different to reds Bright and sunny one above. Beautiful colors in this one.

another color that is so beautiful. The flowers just pop off it.

oh So much flower fun in your post.

yay For maiden voyages! Gorgeous

Lovely how you softened this look with the light cardi. Brilliant. And wow what a coastline
Love the orange and pinks and I adore the unusual greens in Offrande!

Such a fun scarf!

Such a breadth of styles and colors in your collex! I’ve never seen a Cavale - so pretty!

Learned something new!

Another fabulous floral lesson! And such pretty scarves - I know several who twin with Iris… it’s fabulous! Must try a double twilly!

Outfit perfection!

oh. My. Goodness! Such an array of loveliness!

I like this so much more than the fabled black colorway!

Fantastic ensemble - love the pendant!
Herbier is so pretty.
Many thanks for your nice comments MAGJES, LKB, Teaforparrots, Nomad, Snausages and Maedi!

Good afternoon. I am posting my newest floral scarf: Index Bromeliaciae which celebrates the plants in the bromeliad family, including succulents, pineapples and...Spanish Moss! This last is abundant in New Orleans, hanging high in the canopy of the Southern Live Oak. It is spooky and ethereal and there are many legends and folktales associated with it. When the French and Spanish were fighting over possession of New Orleans, the French derisively called this plant Spanish Mustache (it is believed that Spanish Moss is a corruption of this epithet) and the Spaniards, with equal derision, called it "cabello francés" or French Hair. Children believe it to be ghost hair, witches locks, in short basic natural "magick." Here's a photo of an oak I see on my regular walks in Audubon Park. This enchanting botanical marvel that seems to subsist on air is a distinctive and graceful part of our urban landscape:
View attachment 5401654
View attachment 5401662View attachment 5401666
Congrats, what beautiful colours!

You all are posting faab mods, dear Scarfies. I hope to catch up a bit tomorrow. SOTD - Savana Dance with it sugarbushes, the national flower of South Africa. What a beautiful day today is. Being by the great North Atlantic is food for the soul.
View attachment 5401726View attachment 5401727
Perfect coordinated ... great foto, enjoy your holidays, Karenska!

Flowers are featured in many of the charming vignettes in Pierre Marie’s Maison Des Carres!

View attachment 5401826
View attachment 5401827
View attachment 5401828
So pretty with your jacket!

You all are posting faab mods, dear Scarfies. I hope to catch up a bit tomorrow. SOTD - Savana Dance with it sugarbushes, the national flower of South Africa. What a beautiful day today is. Being by the great North Atlantic is food for the soul.
View attachment 5401726View attachment 5401727
Wow beautiful view and what a fabulous pairing of light blue with SD-- as your twin I plan to do this ASAP-- looks lovely @Karenska! Enjoy your lovely beach vacation.
How beautiful! :love:
Thank you! Audubon Park is a really fabulous oasis in our City @Cookiefiend-- we have so much lovely flora (and fauna).
hopping in on page 500 haha.

:faint: The beautiful neutral ombre. Wow. Congratulations for finding it! And etude is just one of those scarves that is amazing in all cw’s.

awesome info! I just love this scarf. And wow you pulled the orange colors out so perfectly
Thank you @Nomad! It took more than one pair of eyes and it was a bit high but I jumped as soon as I saw it!
I like this so much more than the fabled black colorway!
Thank you! I did go on about the black, didn't I?
Flowers are featured in many of the charming vignettes in Pierre Marie’s Maison Des Carres!

View attachment 5401826
View attachment 5401827
View attachment 5401828
What a beautiful blue and I always love me a white hem @Snausages!
Thank you so much!
The FdL is a 90 moussie… such a great size for the warm months!

Thank you! Orange and pink are so perfect together, and - yes - that Offerandes is an unusual color… but the olive is beautifully offset by the brighter greens and blues… it truly is gorgeous… as is my salmon colorway :giggle:

Thanks sweetie! :hugs:

Woooooo - whatta beauty! I ❤ Pierre Marie!
But… I also see a spectacular necklace peeping out at us (the perfeet color too!) - tell us a bit about that?
I agree that is a great size-- wish H would make them more often! And @Snausages, like @Cookiefiend, I would like more info about that necklace so perfectly nestled in your scarf!
I specifically came back to this post to comment. I just love this whole entire look. And I am going to do this knot soon too. Great one for certain designs
This one is lovely on you!
Thank you both @MAGJES and @Nomad!
@LKBNOLA, so happy to be your twin and I can't wait to learn from you how to combine it with other colors. And a little jealous of your mousseline arc, a fantastic design and scale for the mousseline GM.
:lol: The shoe is on the other foot @Maedi as I am so often sighing in envy over your beauties! As to "our" scarf, a friend who is a designer told me that with fabrics for furniture she would combine a bronze with teal, brick red and grey as well as with its classic pairings of white and ivory. I like it with navy also!
Congrats, what beautiful colours!
Thank you @Croisette7-- it really glows!

Last edited:
Wow beautiful view and what a fabulous pairing of light blue with SD-- as your twin I plan to do this ASAP-- looks lovely @Karenska! Enjoy your lovely beach vacation.

Thank you! Audubon Park is a really fabulous oasis in our City @Cookiefiend-- we have so much lovely flora (and fauna).

Thank you @Nomad! It took more than one pair of eyes and it was a bit high but I jumped as soon as I saw it!

Thank you! I did go on about the black, didn't I?

What a beautiful blue and I always love me a white hem @Snausages!

I agree that is a great size-- wish H would make them more often! And @Snausages, like @Cookiefiend, I would like more info about that necklace so perfectly nestled in your scarf!

Thank you both @MAGJES and @Nomad!

:lol: The shoe is on the other foot @Maedi as I a so often sighing in envy over your beauties! As to "our" scarf, a friend who is a designer told me that with fabrics for furniture she would combine a bronze with teal, brick red and grey as well as with its classic pairings of white and ivory. I like it with navy also!

Thank you @Croisette7-- it really glows!
Twins again, Lkb! It’s Bass Rocks on Atlantic Road in Gloucester. It is a truly magnificent and majestic place. I love pairing that scarf with sea green blue or aqua. Thank you for the compliment!

Status
Not open for further replies.