Are Miu Miu bags are still appreciated?

ILP

Jan 6, 2019
I noticed that there are very recent few posts for Miu Miu. Is it because they haven’t had an “it” bag in quite some time? Is the quality still good? Wondering if Miu Miu bags still appreciated or desired.

Reactions: IntheOcean
I've worked in re-sale for some time but have not owned my own Miu Miu. That said, from what I understand, they do use the same manufacturer/are owned by the same group that owns Prada.

In my time inspecting used items, Miu Miu's does tend to stand up fairly well to normal previous use, but I agree that the styles tend to look fairly dated.

Reactions: evie_amor and ILP
Personally, I love Miu Miu from 10-15 years ago, but not so much their current collections. Not really my style and, I think, not exactly the style that's popular now. I don't think they've released anything that can be considered an It bag for quite some time.

Reactions: Elmk, ILP and MS3
Personally, I love Miu Miu from 10-15 years ago, but not so much their current collections. Not really my style and, I think, not exactly the style that's popular now. I don't think they've released anything that can be considered an It bag for quite some time.
Totally agree. Miu Miu needs a brand revamp to become relevant again. Seems that all the energy and effort is going into Prada with nothing left over for Miu Miu. I'm not even sure who their customer is anymore. All their bags just look like dated Prada bags

It seems their efforts of late have been geared more towards their shoes and sunglasses.
I sold all my bags----- even my Harlequin. LOL. Especially my Harlequin.
Too thin non-adjustable straps on their bags drove me crazy
I still have all my shoes and sunnies though

Totally agree. Miu Miu needs a brand revamp to become relevant again. Seems that all the energy and effort is going into Prada with nothing left over for Miu Miu. I'm not even sure who their customer is anymore. All their bags just look like dated Prada bags
Miu Miu bags are more girly, "romantic" than Prada, with crystals and blush colors. So I don't really see them as hand-me-down designs from Prada. But I do agree that the brand is in need of a revamp.

Miu Miu bags are more girly, "romantic" than Prada, with crystals and blush colors. So I don't really see them as hand-me-down designs from Prada. But I do agree that the brand is in need of a revamp.
Right totally. Historically they've catered to the younger more feminine customer but I definitely feel like they've lost their way and have just been recycling designs without innovating. I feel like their target customer has moved on to more contemporary brands and gen z is so into vintage and y2k styles these days

I just noticed this thread in the side panel. Miu Miu had sort of dropped off my radar even though I remember how absolutely cool it was a long time ago. I went and took a look at their New In bags and I quite like the new collection. And I still love the Matelassé leather workmanship as it looks very sturdy and practical.

Maybe they're not really pushing the products on social media (enough)? They do offer all those trendy things influencers should be happy to show off; bright green, big chunky chains, sparkly bags, wide detachable straps, pearl details... Or maybe that's part of the problem; they are following every trend but not bringing anything new to the table? I think there'd be more space for some quirk and groove.

Anyway, thanks for reminding me of this brand! I think the Miu Spirit matelassé leather mini bag has just landed on my wish list. I do think the brand still has a cool essence even though they seem to have faded to the background.

Last edited:
I love the matelassé leather too! I think what the brand needs is a new direction, some handbag to make a statement, while staying true to the brand's style. I'm hoping for something big and mushy :smile:

Reactions: Noorasi
Reactions: hazel_bun and wimp
I still love Miu Miu dearly, all the old pieces are still holding so well and look unusual because they were not recognizably Miu Miu when I bought them, they were just awesome and interesting and above all high quality. I also prefer Miu Miu even now when I am areal OG, because of sense of humor their designs project, freshness and youth. Prada seems so dead serious and if I have a Prada bag in my hands, I look old ...I do not know why. No other bag makes me look like that. Recently I acquired, new to me, mini bow in black and can't have enough of it. It's bigger sister, my old suede bow is still so amazingly beautiful and quirky with partially brushed and partially regular suede, that I would never part with it.