2021 Resolution: Shopping my own bag and SLG collection. Any one else?

NOVEMBER ACTIVITIES

1. Bags by Brand Showcase!

Each week, share photos of your bags from the specified brands. Choose a posed “beauty” shot or get your bags out and about in action shots!

We highlight 3 brands per week: 2 premier and 1 contemporary in alphabetical order as listed on tPF. Any brands not listed are showcased in our last week. Brands change to the next set each Sunday.

Our first brand week starts now - Sunday, Oct 31. Please share photos of bags from these brands:
  • Bottega Venetta
  • Burberry
  • Alexander Wang

Tip: Grab your photos from last year in the 2020 resolution thread. Search your user name and the brand to find your photos.

2. Special Stories
Thanks @Claudia Herzog for the suggestion

Wear a bag that has a backstory involving a person, place, or opportunity for which you feel grateful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you! I actually kind of think your Drag is the grown-up version - heavier and larger, but better proportioned in total and sooo gorgeous... But at 100x the price premium I couldn't have ALL the colors! ;)

I'm a bit more paranoid than warranted, I must say. The only time I've been pickpocketed was in the Paris Metro, where some people offered my mom a seat, there was a little dance of standing up and sitting down, they got off at the next station, and then we realized several zippers were open. But the purse I was wearing was under my arm with pockets off to front and back* (kind of like this but purse-sized: https://www.tombihn.com/products/aeronaut-45?variant=16037975719999 ) and the main compartment wasn't touched. The Lola zipper is, of course, tucked into my armpit, so someone would have to be pretty blatant about getting into it.

The gray is perfect :love: The edge is dark red, which is striking but a little heavy for what I had hoped would be my "summer garden party" purse. OTOH, do I go to summer garden parties? Only if I host them, in which case I'm in grubby clothes trying to tear out the last blackberries before guests arrive!

*I think I found it - I had to remember the name Perry Ellis: https://poshmark.com/listing/Beautiful-Perry-Ellis-Turquoise-Shoulder-Bag-5349f3c60fb6cd054a19cffb I still traveled with it, just careful to keep nothing important in the side pockets. It disintegrated in Florence, so - oh no! - I had to buy a bag there. (Which frankly was probably actually made in Turkey and the quality's not awesome, but it makes a competent laptop bag.)

well I’m coming to your garden party! That’ll give me an excuse to carry something special!

I drive most of the time and I prefer open totes so I’d be a easy target for pickpockets. Gah. I get the most paranoid at grocery stores. When I was in high school, I got pickpocketed in a variety store.still remember..they got $24 and that was a lot then. I still miss that little small burgundy triple fold wallet. Yeah these pickpockets ..they are good. I suppose we all have our core competencies?

I can’t live in chaos. That stresses me out even more than moving/reno. I get irritable when things are out if place and/or I can’t find them. I had everything unpacked and where it needed to be within 36 hours of the movers leaving. I would rather have a super busy stressful day or two and then have it done so I can rest without looking at a bunch of stuff that still needs to be done. Besides, I do most of the work ahead of time in my mind, so I know where I want things to go and have a general gameplan to follow. That way I can be as efficient as possible to get the most done in a minimal time. I am definitely an “an object in motion stays in motion, and object at rest stays at rest.” My DH has learned to just stay out of my way and let me do. If I beed help, I ask, but if he does that, things will turn out well because I work systematically and have perfectionist tendencies. There are always other projects/things he can go work on.

That’s not to say I don’t have plenty more to do! We are getting the old house ready to list next week, then I need to paint and arrange the basement in the new house. Hopefully by the time I am done with that, the old house will be under contract and I can move and integrate what was left there for staging into the new house before we go to my dad’s for Christmas.

Putting it all out there to do kinda makes my head spin, but to be honest, I like being busy. Especially when after I am done, I can breathe while taking a look and enjoying the fruits of my labor.

Well I’m ready to see more of your house! Will your closet have special accommodations for your bags? I already love your behind door bag ledge!

Oh my!
You are just like my husband!(getting things done quickly and efficiently)
For me, it's dizzying just following his footsteps! :lol::lol::lol:
According to my DH, when we have projects in the house, I've been known to just disappear and not to be found!:lol::lol::lol: Then he finds me in the corner of the house somewhere taking a coffee break. :lol:
My DH is a break taker (but has to since he is a Type 1 diabetic and has to replenish his sugar if he is working hard) who leaves things unfinished as often as not. I am definitely not. I am a “keep going until I am finished and then I can just plain relax cuz it’s done” person. Can’t stand to leave things half undone if I can at all avoid it. He tries to get me to take breaks but isn’t very successful at it…:lol: I try to get him to finish things promptly…:lol:

Last edited:
Well I’m ready to see more of your house! Will your closet have special accommodations for your bags? I already love your behind door bag ledge!
Of course it does! I put up some special shelves for the designer bags, contemporarys go on the top shelf of the rack. Luckily the previous owner had rack shelves that were almost 16” deep, so plenty big enough for my mostly mid-sized bag collection. I will post closet pics tomorrow, with my vintage rehab Fendis and Ferragamo. Here are some house pics…I took them the other day, so there is still some clutter as we are bringing the last bits from the old house and there is some furniture and decor we left behind for staging (like a second sofa) that will complete everything.EABABD43-6B21-4EA8-9A06-99B5316B3F9B.jpeg4FE6F10F-C1DB-4C89-9C08-150DE318FA8C.jpegE837D9C7-32E0-432C-98A5-C0D8EB7A5B4B.jpeg78E0C99C-5B38-454B-B4AB-08D2C1D292C4.jpeg2029D79D-DA57-4857-B92A-57A0691D96AA.jpeg31279C6D-397B-46A3-91F7-B74AAD18A271.jpegEA1D47EB-E2EF-4A5E-BE71-5091C954158B.jpegFB8AD248-02ED-4305-A2E2-00098FFA95A5.jpegC89C8773-4592-4BFD-844E-3FE803456329.jpeg1305A3DC-4298-431D-83B8-8B420F02D515.jpeg

I had a couple of donation runs, put my Poshmark closet on sale 50% and went through my old Christmas stuff and listed it the fragile things and stuff I know I won’t display. On the flip side, I got some bad news health-wise and shopped like a madwoman. The thing

November
Bags In: 3
Bags out: 1
Accessories In: 2
Accessories Out: 39
Total out: 548

November YTD
Bags In: 4
Bags Out: 9
Accessories In: 16
Jewelry and Accessories Out: 193
Total out : 1895

So, since this is the homeward stretch for annual goals, I went back to the first page

I still have the pantry to sort through, tool boxes to clean thoroughly and give items away, and books. Probably will get everything but tools. But this was a massive undertaking, with clearing out and selling the Cottage, so I’m giving myself leeway on this.

Honestly, my sales have been really good this year. I still have a month to go, but as long as I keep my buying under some loose controls in December, I will clear this goal with ease.

I have 126 items to go, and 20 of them are already in a box to go out the door. This one will still take some effort, but I am on track!
Vintage, so sorry to hear about the health news. :hugs:
Your clearing out achievements are stellar!

november stats
bags in 0
bags out 0
slgs in 2
slgs out 0

No bags this month, but I was on a weird bag binge in October. I've come to accept that my favorite bag in the world is a super-cheap model from 15 years ago by a brand that no one has heard of. So I bought one in every color Ebay had and most of them are waiting for me in the US for the Christmas visit. I'm trying to convince myself that I don't need a ponyhair version. I have never in my life owned anything ponyhair. And yet it calls to me.

We went to Lisbon for our 10-year anniversary, and it was great. Sunny, warm, great food, everyone is vaccinated so almost no Covid restrictions. (Compared to Germany, anyway.). All the touristy shops sell SLGs and purses made out of thin cork backed with fabric, and I picked up 2 cork pouches in one place, one red and one blue, to hold (and match!) the scarves I'd brought.
Happy anniversary! Your trip sounds amazing!

Of course it does! I put up some special shelves for the designer bags, contemporarys go on the top shelf of the rack. Luckily the previous owner had rack shelves that were almost 16” deep, so plenty big enough for my mostly mid-sized bag collection. I will post closet pics tomorrow, with my vintage rehab Fendis and Ferragamo. Here are some house pics…I took them the other day, so there is still some clutter as we are bringing the last bits from the old house and there is some furniture and decor we left behind for staging (like a second sofa) that will complete everything.View attachment 5264744View attachment 5264745View attachment 5264746View attachment 5264747View attachment 5264751View attachment 5264752View attachment 5264753View attachment 5264755View attachment 5264756View attachment 5264757
What a beautiful, inviting home. Thanks for sharing your pictures! Best wishes on selling your old place.

My one and only Fendi bag... the good old Spy nobody wants to buy...
I love to see and touch this bag, but it´s too floppy for me to use. We haven´t connected...

View attachment 5264546

When I see this bag, I'm immediately transported to my mother's apartment that was in the S of France in 2004. I bought a fashion collection magazine, saw the Spy on the Fendi accessories page and was obsessed. I never bought one, but I still have that feeling of lust at first sight (and every time I saw one IRL).

This is not the kind of bag that has to suit us.The Spy, like the H Kelly and other bags that are often a pain + 1/2 to use are for us to live up to and thank our higher power deal we actually are allowed to have one. There has to be some drawbacks to owning fashion icons LOL :winkiss:

:flowers: Thank you all, for showing me your latest collections. In case you're wondering I sadly have no Ferragamo :shocked: and no Fendi :shocked: - which, since they're both Italian and wonderfully lust worthy houses of temptation is surprising but true.

I liked the Fendi Baguette (such a brilliant name) but wasn't trustworthy in its heyday. I was obsessed by the Spy, particularly the cw that @cowgirlsboots has, but living a very urban student life and carrying books/tech in a sturdy Burberry messenger (I actually wore out after constant wear). I would love a Fendi First but must sit on my hands as the name of this thread suggests I should.

My mother wore SF shoes all the time so got dragged into Ferragamo regularly so I perhaps wrongly always think of them as a shoe store. The re-issues of the vintage shoes from the 1930s, '40s and '50 are so, so gorgeous, I could buy them just to admire, totally worth the cost. There was a Ferragamo bag I would have died for a few years ago, it was a squared-off Boston/Speedy shape with scarlet accents along the seams but I never pulled the trigger.

Last edited:
Of course it does! I put up some special shelves for the designer bags, contemporarys go on the top shelf of the rack. Luckily the previous owner had rack shelves that were almost 16” deep, so plenty big enough for my mostly mid-sized bag collection. I will post closet pics tomorrow, with my vintage rehab Fendis and Ferragamo. Here are some house pics…I took them the other day, so there is still some clutter as we are bringing the last bits from the old house and there is some furniture and decor we left behind for staging (like a second sofa) that will complete everything.View attachment 5264744View attachment 5264745View attachment 5264746View attachment 5264747View attachment 5264751View attachment 5264752View attachment 5264753View attachment 5264755View attachment 5264756View attachment 5264757

Looking lovely!