Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

Always remember the country of the speaker matters. This could be exactly what MM had to deal with while in the UK. The listeners heard her comments in their own language rather than remembering she is not from that country. She meant one thing, they heard another. imo
Quite right, and vice versa :biggrin:

Not according to the palace. What Hazz did was fine. Sure, his book will be a distraction, just like previous books have been. QE just needs to dust off the top-notch jewels to calm the nerves.
Please Your Majesty wear the gorgeous Vladimir Emeralds to make M salivate, cry, rant and rave. IOW she can have a good old fashion tantrum while the rest of the world including my TPF friends and I will celebrate with you. :lol:
VladimirEmeraldsMaryElizabeth.jpg

Last edited:
My thoughts on the new book:
my hope is that in telling my story — the highs and lows, the mistakes, the lessons learned — I can help show that no matter where we come from, we have more in common than we think."

It seems to me that he’s desperate to show that he’s “just like us”. Which is exactly what the RF has NOT been about as far as I know. It is so strange to me that he/they could’ve just left the RF because that life wasn’t for them….ok….but it’s so obvious they are hellbent on destroying the monarchy. So so strange. I wonder if they are being used by other, more powerful political forces. Who stands to gain the most if the monarchy were to cease?

It seems to me that he’s desperate to show that he’s “just like us”. Which is exactly what the RF has NOT been about as far as I know. It is so strange to me that he/they could’ve just left the RF because that life wasn’t for them….ok….but it’s so obvious they are hellbent on destroying the monarchy. So so strange. I wonder if they are being used by other, more powerful political forces. Who stands to gain the most if the monarchy were to cease?
For Hazz to be "just like us", he has to achieve a lot more on his own. I hope I'm wrong, but he sounds like a spoiled, greedy, arrogant, pompous and mediocre person.

You might be onto something, it's very possible that he is being used by 'more powerful political forces.'

Last edited:
For Hazz to be "just like us", he has to achieve a lot more on his own. I hope I'm wrong, but he sounds like a spoiled, greedy, arrogant, pompous and mediocre person.

You might be onto something, it's very possible that he is being used by 'more powerful political forces.'
IDK about him being used by political forces but I agree with the first part......what a nasty spoiled brat he's turned out to be. Yes, he lost his mom but does he have any appreciation for all the privilege he has had?

Edit to say - he isn't like me. I've worked for what I have

Last edited:
They have already run out of material, which is why they have to make it up :sunnies:

Sadly I think that is what it has come to, total and complete fabrication. By the time the book is released Harry will have lived away from the royal family for nearly three years, if you count them running away to Canada months before their official Megxit.

There is nothing he can say that hasn't already been rehashed many times. What can he do to top the "an unnamed family member wondered about Archie's skin color" accusation that Meghan baited Oprah with during the interview?

Sadly I think that is what it has come to, total and complete fabrication. By the time the book is released Harry will have lived away from the royal family for nearly three years, if you count them running away to Canada months before their official Megxit.

There is nothing he can say that hasn't already been rehashed many times. What can he do to top the "an unnamed family member wondered about Archie's skin color" accusation that Meghan baited Oprah with during the interview?
and who is going to want to read a whole book about him? people will get the "highlights" from media.....he isn't inspirational so what does he really have to say? He met his WIFE and his whole world changed?

and who is going to want to read a whole book about him? people will get the "highlights" from media.....he isn't inspirational so what does he really have to say? He met his WIFE and his whole world changed?

I'm not a writer but it pisses me off that he and Meghan are handed millions by big publishing companies when there are thousands of talented writers out there with great stories to tell who cannot get their foot in the door or get their manuscripts read. We live in such a sick, celebrity-worshipping social climate. :rolleyes:

Her American head of staff?

Yes, the USA is a huge place. The northeast has its own language as does the southwest as does the south as does northwest, etc. Listeners must consider where the speaker is from. Many disputes really do stem from cultural misunderstandings.

ETA: Texas is a language all to itself :heart:

Oh, there is a lot he can say that has not been said. Lots. He won‘t because they now say the book won’t be a ***:mad:

Reactions: EverSoElusive
I think Harry is forever trapped as having the emotional IQ of a 12 year old boy due to trauma of his mom's death that he never got proper help for, compounded by being so coddled, spoiled, and sheltered... He just wants a mom figure.

Meghan just wanted an opportunity (laser-focused on it and able to overlook his immaturity), whereas the women before her were likely looking for a legitimate partner. Not sure how they put up with him as I imagine he needs a lot of mothering (it's exhausting to be in a relationship with a man who needs more of a mom and not so much of a partner).

Can you imagine? He wouldn't know how to do anything for himself. Maybe she washes him in the shower, too.

Yes, the USA is a huge place. The northeast has its own language as does the southwest as does the south as does northwest, etc. Listeners must consider where the speaker is from. Many disputes really do stem from cultural misunderstandings.

ETA: Texas is a language all to itself :heart:
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO true!!! I grew up in Connecticut, then worked/lived in Washington DC and then worked/lived in Boston; different accents and different words for the same thing. I've been out in California now since 2013, and I can't even say how many times people will say that "I have an accent" .. huh?!!? I do know that I use terms/slang that they don't know because folks in New England .. well, we may use some of the same words as the Brits which they simply don't know out here.