mini Lindy or Lindy 26

melodyshmily

Mar 15, 2018
Hi all,

I am quite new to Hermes, and the first piece I have is a gold Kelly to Go. I am considering my second piece and I am struggling between mini Lindy and Lindy 26. I have never seen mini Lindy in store, but I have been told it is really small and much more difficult to get. I am 5'4 and I am wondering which one should I get?

Hi @melodyshmily,
I have both bags and can tell you they are used differently for different situations. Lindy 26 is a shoulder bag while mini lindy is a shoulder bag and can also be worn as a cross body. Do you have a preference on that? Do you carry a lot? The mini lindy does fit quite a lot for a small bag but if you carry more than what a mini lindy can fit, then it might not be for you. There are YouTube videos on what fits inside a mini lindy so I won't bored you with that.

For me, I love both bags and use them differently. The mini lindy is awesome for when you need to do your errands since can wear it cross body and be hands free. I don't carry a lot of stuff since the pandemic so the mini lindy fits all my essentials. I use my Lindy 26 when I need to carry more things besides my essentials. I hope this helps. Good luck in your decision.

Reactions: PrincessTingTing
In addition to the capacity, Lindy 26 can be both casual and elegant while mini lindy is more casual
For me, they serve different purposes.

I like bags sitting in a higher position so I think mini lindy is too long for 5"4, but many people don't care about it.

You may need to think about them to make your choice

Reactions: loves
I have the Lindy 26 and I love it to bits. It can really fit a lot, which is great because there's so much to carry now (wallet, pouch, masks, sunglasses, hand sanitizer, tissues both wet and dry, etc.), and the L26 fits everything and more. There's even room to throw in a scarf if needed. Not to mention it can be carried 2 ways (shoulder or hand carry).

It really depends how much you carry, and which one fits you better.

Reactions: ayala_jessica
Maybe ask yourself if you already have other mini bags? (Since mini bags are still in trend and most friends I know have handful of mini bags in their closets).

I feel L26 is more versatile. I have C and H mini bags therefore won’t be plunging into a Lindy mini; and mainly also because the strap is way too long for my height. Doesn’t look pretty on me unfortunately (or fortunately). Example a mini Roulis fits me much better. I am 160cm.

I am wanting a mini lindy as well! I have the 26 and love it to bits but agree it’s completely different. I am about to have a baby so I want a crossbody bag. I’ve watched a lot of videos on YT one what fits and it looks like it will fit all your essentials for sure, I would think more than your Kelly to go? I was considering that bag also but realised it may not be big enough for me. How do you enjoy your to go?

To my mind a 26 lindy would be a better purchase. Besides being bigger, it's not going to get out of trend (but I don't know your budget, purchase habits and reselling plans).
Plus I find the mini lindy weirdly shaped for a crossbody, it's pretty sticking out the body.

Reactions: hhyliu
I have a mini L and love it to bits! It definitely carries more than a KTG (which I also have). I’m 5’3 and it sits by my hip, and that’s fine with me. When I first saw it I thought it was really small but when I started putting things in I was surprised how much it can fit for a mini bag. It’s because it’s boxy. I don’t have an L26 so can’t compare though. I’m gonna try to take a pic of what can fit inside; I’ve always wanted to but I keep forgetting.

I am a bit biased as I have 4 Lindy 30 and a Lindy 26 and I usually carry around more stuff than I should :angel:. What I found is that the 26 fits a lot while being significantly smaller than the 30 but as versatile and very elegant. I don’t own a mini Lindy but saw it in store and it would likely be far too small for me while the strap looks pretty long for my height. So unless you have already other bags that would fit its purpose I would strongly recommend the 26.

I vote the lindy 26 because it’s quite versatile in that it can be carried two ways and can look elegant or casual. That being said, if being hands free is your priority then mini lindy with the crossbody strap is probably better.

Reactions: Xaerahh
I am a bit biased as I have 4 Lindy 30 and a Lindy 26 and I usually carry around more stuff than I should :angel:. What I found is that the 26 fits a lot while being significantly smaller than the 30 but as versatile and very elegant. I don’t own a mini Lindy but saw it in store and it would likely be far too small for me while the strap looks pretty long for my height. So unless you have already other bags that would fit its purpose I would strongly recommend the 26.

Can I be nosy and ask what colors you have and if you prefer some colors over others?

Can I be nosy and ask what colors you have and if you prefer some colors over others?

I have gris tourterelle, bleu orage, ultraviolet, bleu électrique in size 30 and café ébène in 26. I love all of them. That said, I wear UV and BE a little less frequently, not because I like them less but simply because slightly less versatile.