Scarves Scarf of the Day 2021 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Introducing a very special scarf that I recently found in perfect condition, L'Ecole Espagnole De Vienne, in a gorgeous golden colorway. I'm pairing it with some golden South Sea pearls.

I spent a semester in college in Vienna, and my route to school frequently took me down the street between the stables for the Spanish Riding School Lippizaners and their training ring. On lucky days I had to wait and watch as the horses were led across the street in front of me. Towards the end of my studies I finally nabbed tickets for viewing a training session just before they left on their overseas tour. The Lippizaner horse statue came home from Vienna with me and has graced my shelf ever since.

View attachment 5010698

View attachment 5011074
The jewelry is always on point with your choices but the real perfect pairing is this scarf and your story. How wonderful to have found such a marvelous memento. Really special.

Beautiful! These colors are a scarf collectors kryptonite...
Thank you, LKBNOLA!

Good morning, all. Wearing my most "jewel" like scarf (I fell hard for this design-- 2cws!) Here in a puppy proof tie with blue Dean Davidson studs and later to dress it up for Shabbat dinner, a pretty chain. I think I am twins with a lot of you on this scarf. Actually bought the white cw in the store last month.
View attachment 5010992View attachment 5010993View attachment 5010994
And after following @Yoon daily scarf Instagram tutorial with a new MaiTain reversible ring. This neat tie is becoming a go to knot fo for daily wear. View attachment 5011012Thanks for indulging me!
Great pairing and pretty knot!

I like green stones, particularly in shades of olive and teal.

One of my favourite green stones is the dark olive moldavite. Set here in a bib necklace with carved roses in a rather formal design that goes well with the formal garden design of Central Park.
View attachment 5010360

A lesser known stone: green apophyllite pendant and earrings worn with In the Canadian Wild.
View attachment 5011019

Also not so well known is a semi precious stone known as Super Seven, so called because several other minerals have formed within quartz. This is a triple pendant: one super seven with two lace agates. The scarf is Voitures de Dames.
View attachment 5011018

A set of jewellery I made from Swarovski crystals and beads in my favourite teal CW, and worn with 3 different scarves. Too fancy for daily wear, but I wear it to office anyway :smile:
View attachment 5011015
View attachment 5011013

And finally, my SOTD. I have two pics because I was undecided which scarf to use. The first is the new-to-me Grande Marine. The second is Acte III. Both have shades of purple. The pendant has 2 amethysts and 2 sugilites which match Grande Marine's violet well. The centre carving of a wood sprite however suits the faerie theme of Acte III better.
View attachment 5011014
View attachment 5011017
Xincinsin, you own the most beautiful pendants and necklaces on the planet!

Introducing a very special scarf that I recently found in perfect condition, L'Ecole Espagnole De Vienne, in a gorgeous golden colorway. I'm pairing it with some golden South Sea pearls.

I spent a semester in college in Vienna, and my route to school frequently took me down the street between the stables for the Spanish Riding School Lippizaners and their training ring. On lucky days I had to wait and watch as the horses were led across the street in front of me. Towards the end of my studies I finally nabbed tickets for viewing a training session just before they left on their overseas tour. The Lippizaner horse statue came home from Vienna with me and has graced my shelf ever since.

View attachment 5010698

View attachment 5011074
So pretty in yellow, RBH!

wow all so beautiful! And I love your aquamarine!

perfect scarf and brooch combo!

yes! Another perfect combo!

You have so many unusual jewelry pieces!
Thank you, scarf!

haha it’s so true w the ransoming. It’s insane with the prices. And thank you for the compliment! I realize I would collect all cw’s of PdS. N You might appreciate my story with ELenK. I have two of them that are place holding of all things haha!! I found them for retail price or just below, but they aren’t in good shape. I can’t remember now, I think one was faded throughout ( from washing I assume) and the other had some sort of signs of usage. Had to have them anyway And thought perhaps it was busy enough to not notice. It’s all about satiating so I don’t ransom my first born and then some like you said :tup:. So in this case I am place holding waiting to get my hands on a better condition one. I guess many ways to placehold.
After this story you might need to show us these scarves! :wtf: So curious. How bad are they?

Last edited:
Reactions: Julide and Nomad
I like green stones, particularly in shades of olive and teal.

One of my favourite green stones is the dark olive moldavite. Set here in a bib necklace with carved roses in a rather formal design that goes well with the formal garden design of Central Park.
View attachment 5010360

A lesser known stone: green apophyllite pendant and earrings worn with In the Canadian Wild.
View attachment 5011019

Also not so well known is a semi precious stone known as Super Seven, so called because several other minerals have formed within quartz. This is a triple pendant: one super seven with two lace agates. The scarf is Voitures de Dames.
View attachment 5011018

A set of jewellery I made from Swarovski crystals and beads in my favourite teal CW, and worn with 3 different scarves. Too fancy for daily wear, but I wear it to office anyway :smile:
View attachment 5011015
View attachment 5011013

And finally, my SOTD. I have two pics because I was undecided which scarf to use. The first is the new-to-me Grande Marine. The second is Acte III. Both have shades of purple. The pendant has 2 amethysts and 2 sugilites which match Grande Marine's violet well. The centre carving of a wood sprite however suits the faerie theme of Acte III better.
View attachment 5011014
View attachment 5011017
These pendants are fabulous~!

Reactions: Croisette7
@BowieFan1971
2 Feb 2020 We did iconic designs (page 150)
I remember there was a lively discussion on the difference between iconic and grail.
Right, I remember.
The difference between iconic and grail is Brides de Gala. LOL.

beautiful colours, those browns and blacks, Pampelmuse!

Over the next two days, I will showcase the designs of a gifted local jeweler. Today I present a set of pearls, sterling and leopard jasper bezel set pendant and earrings, all designed by Theresa Girzone, and paired with scarf mail -:yahoo: - Premieres Mains:hbeat:. I also added my beautiful navy BeHapi double tour with the pearl bracelet. View attachment 5010200View attachment 5010201View attachment 5010203
congratulations with your find, Karenska, happy you found this design!

I wore my Miriam Haskell pearls on Innauguration Day with Kimonos. I can’t remember if I’ve posted this already, but it fits the theme so....

View attachment 5010264
beautifully matched, Pirula, and lovely combination with those pearls!

what a perfect brooch for those colours, Croisette!

Good morning, all. Wearing my most "jewel" like scarf (I fell hard for this design-- 2cws!) Here in a puppy proof tie with blue Dean Davidson studs and later to dress it up for Shabbat dinner, a pretty chain. I think I am twins with a lot of you on this scarf. Actually bought the white cw in the store last month.
View attachment 5010992View attachment 5010993View attachment 5010994
And after following @Yoon daily scarf Instagram tutorial with a new MaiTain reversible ring. This neat tie is becoming a go to knot fo for daily wear. View attachment 5011012Thanks for indulging me!
Yes, twins, and also have adopted this knot, LKBNOLA! A beautiful chain!

What jewel tone this is I do not know. But it must be something— such a great color. H calls it Bordeaux. I love the simplicity. Les allures 70.View attachment 5011137
You look smart, moma ... maybe grenat?

That blue is celestial!
Thank you!

beautiful colours, those browns and blacks, Pampelmuse!

congratulations with your find, Karenska, happy you found this design!

beautifully matched, Pirula, and lovely combination with those pearls!

what a perfect brooch for those colours, Croisette!

Yes, twins, and also have adopted this knot, LKBNOLA! A beautiful chain!
Thank you, Agrume!

View attachment 5010698

View attachment 5011074
Here is one guy in his Vienna stable waiting for his performance
F53D0D5B-4E80-4DF3-8B8A-97A3380871A9.jpeg

Not being much of a jewelry girl here is my contribution for the week both choosing gemstone-colored scarves and matching others with jewelry.

L'Atlantide with an Aquamarine (which also happens to be my birthstone)
Not sure what happened to the photo when I quoted your post - but I love the colour of your aquamarine ring (at least on my monitor). I have read that the light blue/greenish undertone aquamarines are more difficult to come by and are often older stones, as the colour trend for most aquamarines today is much more to the light blue side [except of course for London Blue which is a whole different amazing colour IMO (I have a ring with it)].

Status
Not open for further replies.