Small book tote or 30 Montaigne

misspin9y

O.G.
Jan 20, 2014
Very interested in these two and the price increase is motivating me into action! for those that have either or both, what’s been the experience? I know they both have different purposes and usability, but would love any insight into pros and cons. Thanks so much!

EA736364-2561-4E9F-913B-2817919B6314.jpeg

8B3F4EA1-5AF4-4144-98C6-DD32D5A4126F.jpeg

Very interested in these two and the price increase is motivating me into action! for those that have either or both, what’s been the experience? I know they both have different purposes and usability, but would love any insight into pros and cons. Thanks so much!

View attachment 4972499

View attachment 4972500
I am going through the same thing as you. I am trying to grab a bag before the price increase! Ultimately, I have now decided against the tote- although I really, really originally wanted it. I am down to the Saddle or potentially the Bobby. I do like the 30 Montaigne but it has not made my list as of now. As much as I am loving the tote- I am feeling like it's going to be too quick of a trend. Hoping I do not regret that decision later. Good luck!

Reactions: misspin9y

View attachment 4972499

View attachment 4972500
They're both gorgeous, but if you can only pick one, I'd recommend the 30 montaigne. The leather version of the 30 montaigne is way easier to take care of than the canvas book tote, and I have one in a similar blush color family and it is so easy to match with everything!

I have a book tote and a 30 montaigne and I reach for my 30 montaigne wayyyy more, and I think it'll stand the test of time. Even if 30 montaignes aren't "popular" anymore, it's a timeless design - just a beautifully made leather bag with some hardware in a classic shape. I actually ordered a 2nd 30 montaigne before the price increase :smile:

The book tote is a work of art too, so ultimately you should get what is calling to you the most! good luck!

View attachment 4972499

View attachment 4972500
This Book Tote is so beautiful, but you may get more use out of the 30Montaigne because it goes with more looks, from day to evening.

I have the 30 Montaigne and I vouch for it :loveeyes: it’s really versatile because you can wear it as a crossbody bag, shoulder bag, and even as clutch.
The only con for me is I’m always afraid of scratching the box calf leather since it’s very smooth, so I baby it a lot. But if you don’t want to baby your bag, the 30 Montaigne in grained leather is also a great option.

30M! :smile:
I was thinking about the book tote as well...but a friend told me the bottom loses its shape when you put a lot of stuff in. I need a lot of space in my bags, that's why I think about the St honore from 3M line? Is it an alternative to the book tote? What do you think about it?

For those of you who have the 30 montaigne, do you have it in the smooth or pebbled leather? I love the look of the smooth, but i have a celine box that I feel like I have to baby... so considering the pebbled as the leather is more robust. Thoughts?

For those of you who have the 30 montaigne, do you have it in the smooth or pebbled leather? I love the look of the smooth, but i have a celine box that I feel like I have to baby... so considering the pebbled as the leather is more robust. Thoughts?
I have two in the smooth leather. No problems. Such a beautifully made bag, fully leather lined with three kinds of leather used.

Reactions: 4857102 and sharcee

View attachment 4972499

View attachment 4972500
You need both! They’re completely different from one another and both are gorgeous. If I had to choose, though, then 30M. Good luck!

• Haha

View attachment 4972499

View attachment 4972500
Which did you end up getting? I myself love the mille fleur tote and got sucked in with it being a seasonal limited piece. In Canada both the bags ( this & lady dior) I was interested in only went up $100. So I got this tote and will save up for the classic lady dior.

Reactions: Chanellover2015
Which did you end up getting? I myself love the mille fleur tote and got sucked in with it being a seasonal limited piece. In Canada both the bags ( this & lady dior) I was interested in only went up $100. So I got this tote and will save up for the classic lady dior.
I ended up worth the book tote as I couldn’t pass on the floral print. I think it will be a fun addition for spring/summer. I also do not have many totes compared to a number of smaller crossbody bags. I’ll plan for the Montaigne another time.

Happy carrying!