The Crown on Netflix

Long Covid caught up with me today so I figured it was a good time to start watching the new season. Only one episode left which I'll save till tomorrow. I'm so interested to hear everyone's thoughts. I'll reserve mine until more of you have seen it.

Gillian Anderson is excellent portraying Margaret Thatcher! I just Wikipedia'd her. Didn't realize she spent so much time in England before.
I've only seen her in The Fall and a few films. i never really watched her in X-Files. It's eerie watching the actress who plays Diana, she has all the mannerisms down pat. Only episode I didn't care for was the one about the break-in. I felt it went nowhere. I would have rather seen more Diana.

Reactions: rockhollow
Up to episode 7. Very good and slightly different, more human (?), take on the perception of the Royals. For animal lovers...beware of episode 2. I had to FF through almost half the episode. I know it's a way of life, just not for me.
Thank you for the warning! I'm thinking about watching this show and I hate any animal in distress stories. You're talking about the latest season right?

Reactions: jennlt
This season has brought out a lot (IMO) more written articles about Diana and details about things she's said and done. None too flattering.

Diana had her problems, her flaws if you may, just like me, and you and everyone else has. She had a problematic upbringing, due to an absent mother, and then later in life, a very unhappy marriage within a family who ignored her, gave her no real support neither love.
I'm not sure how old you are, but I witnessed everything from my own eyes, not through what newspapers, tv shows or magazines said/say. I'm old enough to have witnessed the immense good she did for so many around the world (including in my own country). She helped great causes that had been completely ignored until then, she spread love, humanity, respect and compassion, specially for those who were much in need. She gave a voice ( and a face) to those who hadn't...
Perhaps she was a bit needy, and loved to be loved, but who doesn't? Who cares really, when in the end she was a light to so many and left so much good on this earth.

Back to the series, season 1 and 2 are my favorite. I still don't like Olivia as the Queen, and all her kids really annoy me.
I'm happy for Margaret Thatcher and Diana though, Gillian Anderson and Emma Corrin are terrific.

Last edited:
I don’t love it as much as other seasons. There is so much Charles, and I think he’s the least interesting character of all of them.
i’m just in episode two and I hope we get to see more of Margaret, as well as Anne, the Queen and Phillip.
Watching this season, I want to see more of Princess Margaret. My Mom said she was the Diana of her day. I will have to read some books about her.

Reactions: lulilu and RueMonge