From LV to Longchamp

Renee H

May 7, 2016
Hi all!

My bag addiction started with Louis Vuitton years ago, and I own a few bags and a few SLGs. To be honest, however, I’ve grown a bit tired of them. I’ll always have a soft spot for LV, but to fuel a bag addiction, I simply can’t afford to expand my LV collection. I’m new to Longchamp and can’t stop pouring over all the styles and colors and reasonable prices! I just ordered a leather cuir le pliage tote with a fun guitar-style strap (Longchamp appears on the fabric strap in blue and white.). I can’t wait to get it and start building a new collection. I love French designers, I guess! Any other LV to Longchamp lovers out there?

Hi all!

My bag addiction started with Louis Vuitton years ago, and I own a few bags and a few SLGs. To be honest, however, I’ve grown a bit tired of them. I’ll always have a soft spot for LV, but to fuel a bag addiction, I simply can’t afford to expand my LV collection. I’m new to Longchamp and can’t stop pouring over all the styles and colors and reasonable prices! I just ordered a leather cuir le pliage tote with a fun guitar-style strap (Longchamp appears on the fabric strap in blue and white.). I can’t wait to get it and start building a new collection. I love French designers, I guess! Any other LV to Longchamp lovers out there?
I bought LV years ago and the SLG when I was in Paris Now I'm loving the simplicity of the regular fabric le pliage Have 25 to 30 of them as well as accessories and quite a few of the SLG in Foulonne

I think every bag addicted girl or women at some point gets to Louis Vuitton!
As a Teenager I always wanted to own a Louis vuitton. That was my big dream.. so a few years ago I got one, then another one [emoji85] But at the same time, I have always been into longchamp. And I somehow always returned to that brand and those really versatile and wonderful bags!
And I am still there [emoji4]
At some days I pull out my Louis vuitton and try them on, but I everytime realize that they do not work for me as good as Longchamp le pliage does[emoji173]️

I just bought my first 3 longchamp bags today. 2 le pliage club backpacks (plum and yellow), and 1 le pliage original large tote (navy). I have about 8 LV bags and SLG’s that I love, and tons of coach that I love. I still buy both, but I’ve been looking specifically for a backpack and tote, and I’m not a fan of the neverfull or LV backpacks; and there’s nothing in these areas coach has out right now that appeals to me in tote and backpacks either. I stumbled across Longchamp and they are the tote and backpack styles I was looking for. I’m excited to receive them, and check them out.

I would not say I am a big LV fan, I just have 3 bags and one pochette accessoires. I love them but that does not stop me from loving my Longchamp bags (nor does my love for Longchamp stop me from loving other brands) - that's the nice thing about bags, we can be polyamorous! :lol: That said, I have 4 Le Pliage bags. I love love love them! I can't do without a Le Pliage in my life. :love:

Reactions: baghabitz34 and p3b
I was on my quarterly hunt for a LV bag yesterday. For some emotional reasons (all women in my family own LV bags and I feel incomplete...) I again looked at the Le Soufflot but I feel like the quality of the printed canvas has decreased. It looked like the print was somehow transparent. I was tempted to ask the SA whether this was a fake bag but I didn't. Anyways: I the went to Longchamp and there are so many great bags. I also loved wandler and Elleme and thought: why spend 4 digits on a bag that doesn't even look expensive...
But they still have the empreinte and their leather bags and these do look great at LV.