Maintaining a H relationship

Please focus on the title of this thread rather than each other, TY

If you find it very hard to ignore certain people, please feel free in adding them to your 'Ignore' list.

For advice on how to obtain a B/K/C please go to the reading room in the Reading Room The Newbie's HOW DO I GET A BIRKIN (or other bag) Reading Room

For advice on how to shop at your local store please do a search in Hermes Shopping sub-forum and look for your store/region/country.

Reactions: Etriers and S62708
Dear Cat.A,

what can I say, apart from being jealous that you live in Tuscany. Florence has one of the most beautiful Hermès Boutiques worldwide. The store is very spacious, even though you wouldn't tell form the outside, on the ceilings they have affreschi with the god Hermés. The staff is very friendly there and I have friends of mine, who were able to acquire Birkin's with no pre spending - they do prefer locals. Unfortunately I do not know anyone in particular there, I was once served by the store manager but I can't remember her name. I'd say, pop in an have a look.
I’ve never been inside the H store in Florence, Hermès can be intimidating but I always take a sit in front of the store in piazza Antinori on the steps of the Church. It’s relaxing! Maybe it’s time to go inside the store.

One additional tip is that even when exploring H smaller items, take your time. Myself, I loved H double-tour leather bracelets when I first started and accumulated a lot of them in different colors and styles and now I barely wear them. So even if you find a style of accessories/SLGs etc you like, don’t go all out (so easy to be tempted in H!) as these can really add up. Have fun, the initial stage of H shopping may seem intimidating but can also be very exhilarating. Also take your time finding a good SA that clicks with you as that can make all the difference.
I understand what you mean. I’m not really a SLG person, moreover if you buy a bunch of them, the final price is like the amount of a bag.

Hi lovelies!

Newbie here! Finally made my way into the H store for my ever visit! The SA that helped me was super nice, I plan to build on our relationship. I was wondering though for quota bags, does the SA bring up the conversation of wish list once you’re near/almost there? Or do I bring it up after spending an “X” amount of dollars?

TIA!

Hi lovelies!

Newbie here! Finally made my way into the H store for my ever visit! The SA that helped me was super nice, I plan to build on our relationship. I was wondering though for quota bags, does the SA bring up the conversation of wish list once you’re near/almost there? Or do I bring it up after spending an “X” amount of dollars?

TIA!

Welcome to the dark side. Bring it up whenever there's an opportune and natural time, politely. Know in the back of your head what size, colors/hardware you'd prefer. No need to overanalyze the timing of that discussion, but the earlier you plant the seed, the better.

This is just my opinion and based on my experiences (I have SA's in 2 different countries, North America/Hong Kong), but depending on your locale (Asia is much more forward about spend vs. North America), I don't think it's beneficial to give off that vibe that you're willing to spend $X just to get a B/K/C. There's lots of stories on here about clients getting into that perpetual cycle of an SA dangling a B/K/C IF they spend more, only to be disappointed time and time again.

If you become a long term client, you'll be offered quota bags without a crazy spend (based on my personal experience).

Goodluck!

Thanks for the reply! I’m also in North America (Canada) and I heard it’s a bit harder here due to the limited number of stores / long client wait list, etc. I see how to politely bring it up at an opportune moment. I guess most SAs probably know customers are mostly after quota bags so maybe I can just somehow bring it up. Thank you again! ;)

Thanks for the reply! I’m also in North America (Canada) and I heard it’s a bit harder here due to the limited number of stores / long client wait list, etc. I see how to politely bring it up at an opportune moment. I guess most SAs probably know customers are mostly after quota bags so maybe I can just somehow bring it up. Thank you again! ;)
in my case, it was actually my SA who brought up the topic (and I didn't mention any quota bag during the conversation as I wasn't ready to get one just yet...though it ends up differently haha)~ i guess it really depends on the style of the SA and how the conversation flows...and there's no specific way to do so

I would bring it up after you have purchased a certain amount of items. This might sound like you are playing the game but I think it is a natural progression of the relationship. I think this amount depends on your store and location. Let’s say it is around 2k. You can make a “big” purchase the first visit or a few small purchases for 3-4 visits. It also shows that you are interested in the brand and not just the quota bags. Personally my SA brought it up but I wasn’t looking for quota bag when I first got into H. I would definitely casually bring it up but make it clear. I feel like it is most appropriate to say “let’s make a wishlist” and you make a wishlist of items that you would like to buy from H, not just quota bag.

Last edited:
Reactions: litostar and momoc

Hi fellow Canadian! I agree with the other posters above, from my own experience I think SAs want to know that you are interested in H overall and not just the quota bags. I live in what is considered a tough market for H so I just assumed I would never get an offer (have not spent much at my store, I would still shop abroad and during the last two H sales) but my SA surprised me one day with an offer.

Hi lovelies!

TIA!

I think SAs (rightfully) assume that people are after a quota bag eventually because that’s almost always the case ;) as a result once you reach a good spending / history they sometimes bring it up. That was how it was with me too (SA said “by the way we got a shipment of bags anything you are looking for at this time?” when I was scheduling my second visit just to see some shoes). But I think it’s absolutely ok to bring it up yourself politely once you’ve established that this SA is whom you want to work with. I think definitely schedule a visit with this SA, make it clear to him/her that you are going to be a repeat customer with them (if you have non bag items that you plan to get or want, tell them about those). I think the conversation about wishlist will come up naturally. Good luck!

Hi lovelies!

TIA!

I don't see how it can hurt to just bring it up organically--a B or a K is very much the core of H, even though they want to see you're interested in other things. I brought up my desire (and patience) for a B on my second visit, and it grew into a great relationship from there. I got my B in a few months after that. As long as you manage your expectations and show your loyalty to the brand through purchases.

Reactions: litostar
I am in Canada. I raised it after a few months. I got my first wishlist after about 9 months which i am told is unusual given the specs. I had to shop a variety of different categories to get it but I never bought things just to buy them. I only bought things I actually wanted (it helped that I had a lot of wardrobe holes to fill) and gifts. I am very specific about what I want in a polite way but they seem to respect it. The wait for a Birkin is shorter than a Kelly.

Reactions: litostar
Thanks for everyone’s insights! I couldn’t help myself on my first visit and did spend more than I wanted. The SA also transferred something from another store for me and I’ll be going in again next week haha maybe I’ll bring it up if the chance comes up, if not I have a few other things on my list to buy so maybe I’ll wait until then and see how things go. Thank you all!

Reactions: elle woods
Thanks for everyone’s insights! I couldn’t help myself on my first visit and did spend more than I wanted. The SA also transferred something from another store for me and I’ll be going in again next week haha maybe I’ll bring it up if the chance comes up, if not I have a few other things on my list to buy so maybe I’ll wait until then and see how things go. Thank you all!
Someone is rolling down the orange slippery slope :coolio:

That was honestly like me in the beginning of the journey. I’m like “wasn’t I just here like last week??” It didn’t help that I worked a block from the store lol

Reactions: olibelli and CMilly