Cracking issue with brand new Empreinte Cles

LuxBoy_AJ

Luxury lover
O.G.
May 19, 2014
Hi guys!
I bought an Empreinte Cles in Marine Rouge today and when I came home I already saw a crack in glazing .
Is the Empreinte cles more prone to cracking since it is folding?

Also after reading about the Empreinte leather flattening over time I am very unsure if I will be to afraid to use it. Also I don't intended to use it as a small wallet as I already have a Emelie wallet, Chanel long wallet, Chanel zippy card holder and a Chanel flap card holder.

I am thinking of exchanging it for a canvas cles tomorrow instead. Or do you have any other suggestions that I could exchange it for in the same price range?

The first three pictures is from the right side of the Cles and the fourth is from the left side.

Attachments

• IMG_20200206_023847.jpg
    IMG_20200206_023847.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 426
  • IMG_20200206_023901.jpg
    IMG_20200206_023901.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 420
  • IMG_20200206_024040.jpg
    IMG_20200206_024040.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 420
  • IMG_20200206_023922.jpg
    IMG_20200206_023922.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 417
I think you may have just gotten a poorly made one. I have the marine rouge cles and it’s still in perfect condition. I haven’t had it too long (2 months) but I do carry it daily. I also have the key pouch in mono. I like them both.

Reactions: Sunshine mama
I think you may have just gotten a poorly made one. I have the marine rouge cles and it’s still in perfect condition. I haven’t had it too long (2 months) but I do carry it daily. I also have the key pouch in mono. I like them both.
Thanks for your answer! Which one do you prefer? I love the color but I am afraid it will happen again as it did with both of my pocket organizers glazing. Also the flattening of the leather

Thanks for your answer! Which one do you prefer? I love the color but I am afraid it will happen again as it did with both of my pocket organizers glazing. Also the flattening of the leather
I really like both, but if I had to choose one it’d probably be the canvas key pouch. Only because the size is compact enough to fit in my pocket if I’m not wanting to bring a handbag with me somewhere. I also prefer a zip closure in general. It fits important cards and some cash when I need it to. Just be sure to look it over good. The first one I bought was in DE, and the stitching along the bottom wasn’t closed enough to where I could see through the bottom of the pouch where the stitching was. Then I got the one in mono, and it was perfect.

I have a compact wallet in empreinte for many years, haven't notice the leather flattening and no cracks. I feel like the flattening issue is only common on shoulder or crossbody bags in the areas that are constantly being rubbed, pressed against, or squished. slg should be more forgiving. I'd recommend exchanging it for a new one.

Reactions: LuxBoy_AJ
I think the crack of the glazing is normal. They appear like that with most of my SLG.
This is my opinion only.
LV's normal=ugly workmanship IMO.
I've seen non premier products with consistently much better/prettier glazing.(why? Why?)

So, I think "average and/or median" is a better word in describing LV's glazing. There are more ugly glazing than pretty glazing. Therefore this is LV's average quality.
So LV's average/median=ugly glazing.

Sorry if I sounded angry. I'm not. :biggrin:
I still buy LV slgs even with all the flaws cuz I'm a sucker for LV!

Last edited:
This is my opinion only.
LV's normal=ugly workmanship IMO.
I've seen non premier products with consistently much better/prettier glazing.(why? Why?)

So, I think "average and/or median" is a better word in describing LV's glazing. There are more ugly glazing than pretty glazing. Therefore this is LV's average quality.
So LV's average/median=ugly glazing.

Sorry if I sounded angry. I'm not. :biggrin:
I still buy LV slgs even with all the flaws cuz I'm a sucker for LV!
I’m sure your not, but I have said this many years ago. I did not have LV many slgs at the time. Just one. I thought back then the varnishing wasn’t great based upon what I heard and seen here.
Now I have three PO, 2 Keypouches.

I can definitely say the varnishing sucks. lol
Compared to my coach stuff, their varnishing are not showing any signs of cracking or even peeling! It older than my SLG from LV and it sadly cost less!

I also agree, LV makes fun SLG and that what make them strong to keep on to purchase one by one sometimes.

I don’t think it should be like that when you first purchase but over time the glaze may crack in places that fold. I have the Emp. Phone Folio and the glaze has cracked at the fold from continually open and closing it.

Attachments

• A9DA342A-858D-4D8D-910C-385556C060DB.jpeg
    A9DA342A-858D-4D8D-910C-385556C060DB.jpeg
    130.2 KB · Views: 247
  • 26C826DE-BB1D-498D-ADF5-891E4ABC28AC.jpeg
    26C826DE-BB1D-498D-ADF5-891E4ABC28AC.jpeg
    106.9 KB · Views: 247
If this is LV's normal, then LV's normal =bad quality IMO.
Why does one side look better than the other side? It's just strange.
Plus "normal" is such a vague word in today's society. What is normal anyway? Do you know what I mean?:biggrin:
If one is not satisfied with the quality, one can always move on to other brands...