Longchamp Fall Winter 2019

In my experience, for the higher-end Longchamp leather bags, stock is always pretty scarce, particularly for new releases. Each boutique might get one of each style, for instance, if that. So if you see something that interests you during fashion week or other pre~season events, it’s always a good idea to go to your local boutique ASAP and get your name down for said item. And then follow up and pester until it’s in your hands. They are usually very responsive if they know you’re a serious buyer. I hope you can track down what you’re looking for.
Oh trust me, I definitely learned my lesson. Mind you I was out of the handbag game for a looong minute. But when I recently started to just dip my toe in the water (i.e. check out the local boutiques with a shopping friend), I was astounded by how often I heard "oh this is a limited release.. only x of y were made", regardless of the brand. I straight up looked at my friend and asked if this was normal.

Oye dont get me started on shopping history and profiles. Goodness gracious.

Plus my history with this brand is sporadic at best. I enjoy the classic design and owned two of the shiny leather bags decades ago. Mind you they hardly ever showed their age and they were my daily one and only bags (lol simplier times). Since then I've acquired a number of pliage as I assume most of the TPF population. ;)

The mini pliage and brandy are two recent discoveries post release and midway thru the season. Ugh. Lesson learned indeed.

Reactions: SmokieDragon
Cosmo, just wondering whether you have received your new strap? Is it by any chance stiff? How do you find it? Thank you in advance for your kind reply.

Sorry no. Those straps finally arrived in the U.S. about two-three weeks ago but I had already decided to pass on it and buy the Brandy Mademoiselle strap instead. I haven’t been to the boutique to actually see the studded black-white strap.

Reactions: frenziedhandbag
Sorry no. Those straps finally arrived in the U.S. about two-three weeks ago but I had already decided to pass on it and buy the Brandy Mademoiselle strap instead. I haven’t been to the boutique to actually see the studded black-white strap.
I see. Thank you for sharing. This strap had not reached SG yet. I've no idea why but somehow this strap gives me the impression of stiffness. I'll wait and see. I will definitely prefer to take a good look at it before getting one.

Reactions: Cosmopolitan
I have a silly question. When the celebrities/influencers are gifted with clothes & accessories from said brand, in this case Longchamp, do they get to keep the wardrobe after wearing them to the fashion show/event or do they have to return everything?

So beautiful!

Love the metallic one!

The Amazone has caught my eye. The red and quilting looks beautiful! I want the small red one. Anyone has any thoughts or review on this bag? How is the wear and tear and the capacity? It is also lambskin so I worry if it is too delicate.

Screenshot_20191015-160707.png

https://en.longchamp.com/en/products/amazone-matelasse/shoulder-bag-s/l1357941545

The Amazone has caught my eye. The red and quilting looks beautiful! I want the small red one. Anyone has any thoughts or review on this bag? How is the wear and tear and the capacity? It is also lambskin so I worry if it is too delicate.

I have a small Amazone as do several other members here. It’s a great bag, lightweight, easy to get in and out of, moderately roomy. Love the double chains to wear it either crossbody or on the shoulder. Mine is the smooth calf leather version, not quilted. I had some concerns about the lambskin’s durability but no one has complained about that issue on tpf and my boutique manager says she’s seen no problems. Here’s another thread to look at Where are the Amazones? and also @frenziedhandbag recently bought a quilted Amazone and she’ll probably offer her thoughts.

I have a small Amazone as do several other members here. It’s a great bag, lightweight, easy to get in and out of, moderately roomy. Love the double chains to wear it either crossbody or on the shoulder. Mine is the smooth calf leather version, not quilted. I had some concerns about the lambskin’s durability but no one has complained about that issue on tpf and my boutique manager says she’s seen no problems. Here’s another thread to look at Where are the Amazones? and also @frenziedhandbag recently bought a quilted Amazone and she’ll probably offer her thoughts.

What colour is yours and the hardware? I want something that can go day to evening. Good to hear it is lightweight! Thanks for the thread link!

Hope to hear more about the quilted one too.

What colour is yours and the hardware? I want something that can go day to evening. Good to hear it is lightweight! Thanks for the thread link!

Also, forgot to mention, there's a lot of discounted Amazones around, including past season colors, if you look at the secondary seller websites like Century 21, Gilt, RueLaLa, NM Last Call, Saks Off Fifth, etc.

I second all that @Cosmopolitan shared about the Amazone. It is really light, I hardly feel it on my shoulder when I use it. The chains do not slip off and nor do they dig into my shoulder. Also, when I set my bag down on a hard surface, the chains do not clatter. Mine is in the small size and it is really spacious. Although it is lambskin, I did not particularly find it to be vulnerable nor prone to scratches. Mine is in black and I highly recommend getting the style. The red is stunning.

Attachments

• IMG_20190818_164914.jpg
    IMG_20190818_164914.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 178
Mine is smooth black leather with bright silver hardware. Here’s an older pic of it with some other bags.
View attachment 4565495

Very beautiful! The smooth black leather looks amazing.

I second all that @Cosmopolitan shared about the Amazone. It is really light, I hardly feel it on my shoulder when I use it. The chains do not slip off and nor do they dig into my shoulder. Also, when I set my bag down on a hard surface, the chains do not clatter. Mine is in the small size and it is really spacious. Although it is lambskin, I did not particularly find it to be vulnerable nor prone to scratches. Mine is in black and I highly recommend getting the style. The red is stunning.

Great to hear the good review on this bag! Your bag is gorgeous!

I love how friendly and warm this Longchamp community here is! Other than a few le pliage, I have a red leather croc embossed LC shoulder bag with matte silver hardware from nearly 10 years ago, and the wear and tear is amazing, although I don't use it often. Hardly tarnishes on the hardware!