Longchamp Fall Winter 2019

I was able to preview the Voyageuse collection about a month before the launch, and I tried out the small satchel again yesterday. As much as I want it to work for me, it's a no for now. Although it's a relatively wide and roomy little bag (similar to my Mademoiselles), it's difficult to access things inside IMO because of the small opening on top. The top opening is a bit awkward because the sides of the bag taper inward a little, and the leather panels attached to the zipper sort of get in the way (see pic below). Also, fyi, the short handles do not easily fold down when the bag is carried by a strap (they stick up), although perhaps they'd soften with use.

As I've said before, if LC made a medium size satchel between the two current small and large ones, I would definitely consider it.

1.jpg 2.jpg

I was able to preview the Voyageuse collection about a month before the launch, and I tried out the small satchel again yesterday. As much as I want it to work for me, it's a no for now. Although it's a relatively wide and roomy little bag (similar to my Mademoiselles), it's difficult to access things inside IMO because of the small opening on top. The top opening is a bit awkward because the sides of the bag taper inward a little, and the leather panels attached to the zipper sort of get in the way (see pic below). Also, fyi, the short handles do not easily fold down when the bag is carried by a strap (they stick up), although perhaps they'd soften with use.

As I've said before, if LC made a medium size satchel between the two current small and large ones, I would definitely consider it.

View attachment 4539083 View attachment 4539084

I totally agree with you about the difficult access. It's even worse with the calf leather version which is extra stiff. I also don't like the decorative rivets on the front of the bag and handles. It's a no for me too

I'm intrigued by the short straps on the Amazone :biggrin:

I wanted to mention to you that when I was in my boutique this week they had the short handle pictured below attached to a short piece of Amazone chain, maybe 10"-12" long. I think that's how they made those short Amazone handles we saw in the FW19 runway show; you weave the chain through the four holes on top of the Amazone and clip it to the short handle.

I see that you don't like rivets (why not lol ?!?!?) but the short handle is pretty overpriced IMO anyway.

edited to add: Of course, if LC sells that short chain separately, you could use it with the leather handle that comes with the Amazone bag because that has clips on the end of it too.

1.jpeg 2.png

Last edited:
I wanted to mention to you that when I was in my boutique this week they had the short handle pictured below attached to a short piece of Amazone chain, maybe 10"-12" long. I think that's how they made those short Amazone handles we saw in the FW19 runway show; you weave the chain through the four holes on top of the Amazone and clip it to the short handle.

I see that you don't like rivets (why not lol ?!?!?) but the short handle is pretty overpriced IMO anyway.

edited to add: Of course, if LC sells that short chain separately, you could use it with the leather handle that comes with the Amazone bag because that has clips on the end of it too.

View attachment 4539869 View attachment 4539870

So this look for the Amazone requires a new short chain! Oh wow! While I love the look, my pocket doesn't find it intriguing haha! Thanks so much for sharing this discovery especially since some time has elapsed since my comment! :biggrin:

Just worried the rivets may hit against my jadeite bangles - I wear one on each wrist. Maybe I was ok with rivets before my jadeite days but now things are different haha

So this look for the Amazone requires a new short chain!

Of course, if LC sells that short chain separately, you could use it with the leather handle that comes with the Amazone bag because that has clips on the end of it too.

I checked with my boutique and they say that the short chain comes with that short handle and it cannot be sold separately.

I love the rust, brandy, and navy Cuir. :hrmm: Yep, decisions, decisions.
The rust and brandy are both tempting me as well. I feel that both rust and brandy are unique this time round. The color mix is just right. Rust is not too orange and brandy is not too burgundy. Not that Navy is not beautiful, but navy will always be around; and you do have black which is a rather dark color too.

Reactions: cheidel