Hermes Repair/Refurbish policy - Official Spa Thread

H friends, does anyone know approx. how much H would charge to replace (oxydized) hardware on a Birkin 30? It would be the front portion of the hardware Pontet, Touret, and Plaque (not the feet)???? Anyone have this done and knows? Please and thank you for any info u can provide...

H friends, does anyone know approx. how much H would charge to replace (oxydized) hardware on a Birkin 30? It would be the front portion of the hardware Pontet, Touret, and Plaque (not the feet)???? Anyone have this done and knows? Please and thank you for any info u can provide...

2 years ago, a friend was quoted $530 for new hardware on a birkin 40. She decided not to do it. HTH

I also purchased a 20 year old Kelly 32 in vache liegee leather last June. It was in very sad condition. It was so dirty inside and out that I didn't
Even want to touch it. However, the stitching was intact and I thought with a little cleaning, might turn out ok. Anyway, I took the bag to the Hermes in South coast plaza for spa treatment. I received a call 6 months later saying that the Beverly Hills shop cannot do the repairs on the bag so they have to send it to Paris for a repair and refurbish for a whopping $1400. I said okay and it came back 3 weeks ago. The outside of the bag looked much much better and they replaced three hardwares on the bag that were tarnished. Only caveat is Hermes does not clean the inside of a bag. When I got mine back, the huge ink (marker) stain was still there as well as a huge stain of caked in nail polish. I was dismayed. I took a chance and contacted Margaret's Cleaners in San Diego and they assured me that they work on all types of designer bags including Hermes. I figured it didn't matter how much I was willing to pay Hermes - they still wouldn't clean the inside of my bag. Valentina from Margarets called me after they received my bag and she said they will have to refinish the bottom of the bag after they try to remove the stain and nail polish. I just got the bag back 3 days ago and it was perfect!!! They did a stupendous job. There is a very minor shallow indentation where the nailpolish was but overall it's great! They only charged me $186.00. I recommend that it your bag does not require hardware or leather replacement, send it to Margaret's for cleaning because they are awesome. However, if your bag requires repair and refurbish then you have to send it to Hermes because only they have the original parts. Of course you have to wait a long time and pay top $$$.
Hi Mythona! I recently received a spaed vl bag from Paris office and there was no improvement whatsoever. Could you take a look at my post and see if it is normal to you?:sad: tia

I loooove my Vespa for hands free summer use. Its from 1999 and is still in great shape ... except I just noticed one of the vertical seams has 1-2" of unraveling. Does anyone know how/ where/ if I can get this repaired?

My nearest H store is Boston; should I take it in?
TIA!

Attachments

• vespa II.jpg
    vespa II.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 647
Hi all. I have a 36 full leather garden party that I seldom use it. After ten years minimal use and often staying my closet, the Snap button on one side is broken I sent the bag to store waiting for a quote two months ago. Today H store in Palo Alto told me if I want to pay $310 for button replacement and leather make up.
It’s been a while I didn’t pay attention on the H brand and it’s the first time I need their repair service.
Can anyone let me know if this is a reasonable price? I’m a little shock when I heard $350 (maybe after tax) for a single button replacement.
Thanks.

They're charging you for full bag refurbishment (cleaning, etc.). Be firm that you did not use the bag, the bag doesn't need anything but a new snap, and that the snap should not have broken with such light use. If the bag were newer they'd be likely to repair for free; as it is, it's worth trying.
FWIW, I have three Garden Parties that have been used a lot and nothing has ever happened with the snaps.
Also, this thread should move to the repair and refurbishment thread :flowers:

Update: I got it fixed at my local Hermes store. Took about 2 months since they didn't have parts, but they pretty much replaced all the hardware on the strap as well as some other pieces on the bag itself. Suspect it was a faulty item.

My evelyne needed spa once again. This time, someone accidentally brushed up against me with a silver sharpie. I didn’t see the mark until the next day but I went to Madison Ave straight after work...

There was also some other wear on the corners and a long scratch on the front (non-H side) when I brushed up against an unfinished metal ledge.

Before:
View attachment 4418017 View attachment 4418018

After:
View attachment 4418020 View attachment 4418021 View attachment 4418022 View attachment 4418023
View attachment 4418024 View attachment 4418025 View attachment 4418033

Time frame: dropped off 2/14/19 and was notified that the bag was ready on 3/23/19.

Total cost: $310 before tax
Work: sharpie mark removal, general cleaning (corner wear touch-up, strap cleaning)

So thrilled with the results!
It looks like new! They did a good job!