CLOSED - see first post -Authenticate This SAINT LAURENT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Item: ysl monogram logo bag
Listing Number: N/A
Seller: bought in small local shop
Link: N/A
Comments: hi. I found this in a little local shop to me, bought as it’s pretty cute. Wondering if their is any info about it? Fake or real etc. Not even bothered if it’s fake as it’s so pretty.

Thank you in advance x

Attachments

• 3C69BB0B-E1CE-499B-AD66-C05DF11BC0AF.jpeg
    3C69BB0B-E1CE-499B-AD66-C05DF11BC0AF.jpeg
    256.5 KB · Views: 133
  • 198FF772-E479-4D4C-88D3-0B6DF9D3E0D1.jpeg
    198FF772-E479-4D4C-88D3-0B6DF9D3E0D1.jpeg
    286.1 KB · Views: 134
8340F5BB-4A25-49E6-9CE1-CBEEEFB3783F.jpeg F6C6A187-F5C0-4A1D-BCEF-CD4E54B68851.jpeg B3B52245-1D32-45F2-B760-D1255EFB2E98.jpeg
yes, I saw it but the only indicator of authenticity I could see was Saint Laurent signature which looks fine, but we need so much more than that to authenticate very highly faked types of bags....serial number, some papers, anything

I see. I took this pics of the box and tried my best for the serial number, I hope this helps.. and Im really sorry for the trouble. Thanks a lot xoxo

Hello! I was wondering if you could help me to authenticate my first YSL bag? Thank you very much for your help:smile:
If you Need more pictures please tell me!
Item: Medium YSL Crossbody Black
Seller: I already bought it
Comment: I was given the information that it was bought last year directly via the homepage, but this information keeps me guessing if it's authentic, as the style, in which the front letter (in front of the closure cap) overlaps the edge of the bag, discontinued and the new style established during the new season of 2018)
The serial number on the tag would be 392737002018 (it's very difficult to take a photo of)
Thank you very much for your time!

Attachments

• IMG_5310.JPG
    IMG_5310.JPG
    179.2 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_5317.JPG
    IMG_5317.JPG
    302.3 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_5312.JPG
    IMG_5312.JPG
    177.4 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_5316.JPG
    IMG_5316.JPG
    230.8 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_5314.JPG
    IMG_5314.JPG
    174.2 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_5321.JPG
    IMG_5321.JPG
    141.7 KB · Views: 120
Thanks so much for trying! I am going to try one more time with more pictures, including that of the serial number. If all else fails, I'm thinking of sending it in to an authenticator but it's very expensive! Thanks again. This is the google drive link with more pictures: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1dOM6oUpQM_bSRJlUdyTJw1jh9MHgc3Oz
sorry I can see that very well, I would not be comfortable with comments about it, so sorry Corame is not here to look at it

Hello! I was wondering if you could help me to authenticate this YSL bag? Your help is much appreciated.
It’s sold on Mercari I’ve had my eye on it for quite sometime. It looks legit. Seller says no card or box.
Here is the link:
https://item.mercari.com/gl/m96620922936/
details which I recognize look good to me, however I have to admit I am not very familiar with this bag, if it has perfect copies or not

sorry I can see that very well, I would not be comfortable with comments about it, so sorry Corame is not here to look at it

Thanks again for trying. Just out of curiosity, I read the following on the Real Real website about authentication:

"The style number is six digits, with a four to five digit art number, and should match on the accompanying tag if present.” You can confirm the style number by searching online — under ‘More Details’ on the Saint Laurent website. More recent iterations of Saint Laurent bags will feature a prefix and dot before the style and art number, while older bags will only include the style and art number."

Is there any way to "look up" an art number to see if it is legitimate? Thanks again for your time.

Thanks again for trying. Just out of curiosity, I read the following on the Real Real website about authentication:

"The style number is six digits, with a four to five digit art number, and should match on the accompanying tag if present.” You can confirm the style number by searching online — under ‘More Details’ on the Saint Laurent website. More recent iterations of Saint Laurent bags will feature a prefix and dot before the style and art number, while older bags will only include the style and art number."

Is there any way to "look up" an art number to see if it is legitimate? Thanks again for your time.
well, not really, if that information were public, that would mean the world to fakers...signatures and details are changing to avoid fraud and making of perfect replica...you have to look in the store, remember details and then you can tell if online thing is real or not, that is what I do....even then ??? I was tricked with SDJ clutch , and only when I received it I recognized the leather being different and smell of cobbler's shop, and the texture of satin dust bag was wrong...I could not tell from photos anything, perfect copy...the less fakers know about details the better...that is why authenticators will not share and post rules for spotting a fake :sad:

Makes perfect sense! Thanks for letting me know. I took my purse to Neimans and the woman at YSL said she of course couldn't authenticate my bag but "wink wink" it looked good to her and they had definitely sold the exact clutch a couple of years ago. It still is bugging me so I think I will send it in and have it authenticated. I figure if it's real, I have peace of mind and if it's fake, I can file a claim with eBay!

Status
Not open for further replies.