Strathberry?

Hi!

It is probably a little late but I have stumbled upon this kickstarter project:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1884938840/strathberry-luxury-bags-and-accessories/description

Has anyone ever heard of them and can tell me about the quality? I am interested in the mini version for travelling since I would not mind stuffing that purse into the suitcase. But I can not stand purses that have really bad stitching...

Thanks!
Did you end up getting anything? I hadn't heard of them before, but I put in an offer for a MC Mini and I'm super excited about it.

Did you end up getting anything? I hadn't heard of them before, but I put in an offer for a MC Mini and I'm super excited about it.

Yes, I also ended up ordering the ruby MC Mini. It just looks so pretty in the pictures and I do not currently have a decent small bag.

I just do not expect a timely delivery, kickstarters that get overfunded rarely deliver on time...

By the way, I am currently considering another Kickstarter project for my boyfriend: https://www.kickstarter.com/project...the-paisly-bag-handcrafted-luxury-leather-bag

The Paisly Q looks really good for a casual work bag and even features real suede lining. On the other hand, this Kickstarter is a much bigger risk since it is not an established company. Decisions, decisions....

A few months ago I did not even know that Kickstarter features fashion, makes buying stuff more exiting :smile:

Yes, I also ended up ordering the ruby MC Mini. It just looks so pretty in the pictures and I do not currently have a decent small bag.

I just do not expect a timely delivery, kickstarters that get overfunded rarely deliver on time...

By the way, I am currently considering another Kickstarter project for my boyfriend: https://www.kickstarter.com/project...the-paisly-bag-handcrafted-luxury-leather-bag

The Paisly Q looks really good for a casual work bag and even features real suede lining. On the other hand, this Kickstarter is a much bigger risk since it is not an established company. Decisions, decisions....

A few months ago I did not even know that Kickstarter features fashion, makes buying stuff more exiting :smile:
Great minds think alike...I picked ruby MC Mini, also! That Paisly Q does look really nice =)

I'm going to bump this thread because it is old. I've been looking at Strathberry again. I see they have much more in stock now that it is no longer on Kickstarter. I'm just wondering how you're enjoying your pieces? They have so many colors, sizes, and designs now. Would you be willing to talk about the quality of the leather, how the bags are holding up, etc? Thank you!

I'm going to bump this thread because it is old. I've been looking at Strathberry again. I see they have much more in stock now that it is no longer on Kickstarter. I'm just wondering how you're enjoying your pieces? They have so many colors, sizes, and designs now. Would you be willing to talk about the quality of the leather, how the bags are holding up, etc? Thank you!

I have a red MC Mini and it is super adorable, although part of me wishes I had gotten a Midi Tote, b/c the Mini is quite small. Due to the small size, I have not used mine all that much, since it doesn't fit all the stuff I usually carry, and can't really comment on wear&tear. The leather feels very nice and the bag definitely looks expensive. My sister also got an MC Mini during the Kickstarter and the lining on her's ripped really easily, but she was able to exchange it for a new bag and they assured her that they've since switched the lining material to something more durable. Overall I'm pretty happy with my Strathberry and would consider getting another one.

Reactions: RidOfMe
I have a red MC Mini and it is super adorable, although part of me wishes I had gotten a Midi Tote, b/c the Mini is quite small. Due to the small size, I have not used mine all that much, since it doesn't fit all the stuff I usually carry, and can't really comment on wear&tear. The leather feels very nice and the bag definitely looks expensive. My sister also got an MC Mini during the Kickstarter and the lining on her's ripped really easily, but she was able to exchange it for a new bag and they assured her that they've since switched the lining material to something more durable. Overall I'm pretty happy with my Strathberry and would consider getting another one.

Thank you so much for your response, it is really appreciated! The MC mini is really cute! I understand not carrying it that often if it doesn't fit all that you need. The MC midi and the Strathberry midi tote are the two that I am looking at. The leather does look to be of good quality, and am happy to hear you confirm that. It is nice to know that Strathberry stands behind their product and exchanged your sisters' bag due to the lining tear. I am seriously considering buying one in the near future. They've been on my radar, but haven't heard much recently other than their email updates. It always helps to know what others' experiences are. I really do like the design of their bags, they're unique. Thank you again!

Has anyone ordered one? I have lusted after them for a year or so and just noticed they are available on the Saks website! They look stunning but that is a lot of money for me to spend on a bag without knowing their reputation.

I bought the MC Mini via Kickstarter. I have not used it as much since it is too small for an everyday bag but it is still very structured and the leather holds up quite nicely. The only thing I am not crazy about is the very delicate suede lining, but I think they have changed that.

Reactions: RidOfMe
Has anyone ordered one? I have lusted after them for a year or so and just noticed they are available on the Saks website! They look stunning but that is a lot of money for me to spend on a bag without knowing their reputation.

I actually have four of them! They're surprisingly great quality for a brand that exclusively sold their bags online. I wrote a detailed blog post on their quality, durability etc if you're interested ^^ https://www.wanderlustts.com/single-post/Strathberry

Attachments

• IMG_0911.JPG
    IMG_0911.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 2,523
Can anyone vouch for the leather quality? I read somewhere it might be split leather, and I'm really not interested in shelling out the asking price if that's indeed the case. Thank you!
i have a east west mini that i used daily for probably 9 months. i couldnt believe how it held up. Its leather so I expected normal leather wear but it looked like I used it less than I did. I dont know if others with the totes have similar experiences.

Reactions: bagduchess