MLD calfskin vs lambskin

kbcrew

O.G.
Oct 1, 2007
Hi ladies, I just ordered a supple grained calfskin mld in mini size and I was wondering if anyone here could tell me if it fits more then the mini lambskin version (because of the soft leather)? I’m hoping it’s not too incredibly small. I was originally looking for an mld in grained calfskin in small, but was told they don’t make this size in calfskin. Any advise ?[emoji4]

Reactions: monicalvlv
Hi there!
Just like you I also wanted something in calfskin because I knew for a fact that I couldn't take care of the lambskin. I got the mini lady dior in supple grained calfskin and I can positively say that it does fit more than the mini lambskin version because it is less structured. BUT it is still small...I could "fit" my daily essentials but I just didn't feel comfortable. I ended up getting the limited edition lady dior in the small size (the my lady dior size) and that one is in calfskin and it is not as structured as the other my lady dior bags so more room and it is still available. It's the black one with antique gold hardware and comes with its unique set of pins. You HAVE to see this in person because the leather is just sooooo luxurious. I've taken this bag to buy other bags and just couldn't make myself buy other things because the leather on my lady dior looked way too good :heart:.

I did a quick review of some lady dior bags so check out these videos if you are interested.
Review of the supple grained leather mini:
Review of the LE MLD:

Hi there!
Just like you I also wanted something in calfskin because I knew for a fact that I couldn't take care of the lambskin. I got the mini lady dior in supple grained calfskin and I can positively say that it does fit more than the mini lambskin version because it is less structured. BUT it is still small...I could "fit" my daily essentials but I just didn't feel comfortable. I ended up getting the limited edition lady dior in the small size (the my lady dior size) and that one is in calfskin and it is not as structured as the other my lady dior bags so more room and it is still available. It's the black one with antique gold hardware and comes with its unique set of pins. You HAVE to see this in person because the leather is just sooooo luxurious. I've taken this bag to buy other bags and just couldn't make myself buy other things because the leather on my lady dior looked way too good :heart:.

I did a quick review of some lady dior bags so check out these videos if you are interested.
Review of the LE MLD:

I LOVE your videos! Thanks for sharing them!

Hi there!

Review of the LE MLD:

These videos are soooo helpful!! Thanks! So the one you ended up with is the one in the 2nd video, right? Is it patent ? May I ask the price on it? I just love the look of the grained calfskin, but like you I think I’m gonna find the mini too small ☹️.

These videos are soooo helpful!! Thanks! So the one you ended up with is the one in the 2nd video, right? Is it patent ? May I ask the price on it? I just love the look of the grained calfskin, but like you I think I’m gonna find the mini too small ☹️.

I ended up getting the one in the 2nd video (the smaller one of the two in that video). It's not patent but the leather does have a bit of that wet look to it. I live in the States and paid 4100 for it so it was a bit higher than other MLD. I LOOOOOOVVVVE the wide strap on the grained calfskin and still want to get one in metallic color one day!

Oh and also, I was searching for a supple grained calfskin leather bag late June and did find some in the small size (the MLD size). Most stores I inquired had it so I don't think it is impossible to find and the price was the same as the regular MLD with pins. It was impossible to find one in a different color (black, gold, silver, etc) but the one I found was in this gunmetal color with light gold hardware so maybe if that color works for you, that's another option!

Hi there!

Review of the LE MLD:

Great videos!!! I subscribed to your channel :smile:

I ended up getting the one in the 2nd video (the smaller one of the two in that video). It's not patent but the leather does have a bit of that wet look to it. I live in the States and paid 4100 for it so it was a bit higher than other MLD. I LOOOOOOVVVVE the wide strap on the grained calfskin and still want to get one in metallic color one day!

Oh and also, I was searching for a supple grained calfskin leather bag late June and did find some in the small size (the MLD size). Most stores I inquired had it so I don't think it is impossible to find and the price was the same as the regular MLD with pins. It was impossible to find one in a different color (black, gold, silver, etc) but the one I found was in this gunmetal color with light gold hardware so maybe if that color works for you, that's another option!

Your bag looks really beautiful. Is it just as soft as the regular grained calfskin? Is the leather very durable? I don’t live close to a doir boutique so finding the perfect bag makes it even harder for me [emoji22]

Your bag looks really beautiful. Is it just as soft as the regular grained calfskin? Is the leather very durable? I don’t live close to a doir boutique so finding the perfect bag makes it even harder for me [emoji22]

If you mean soft as in squishy then yes! I do think the leather is very durable although part of me feels like the grained leather one would me more because there is just more texture to the leather on that bag (it really feels like a super low maintenance bag!!). But my SA did reassure me that it is a very durable bag! And it feels dressier... My Dior SA understands how difficult it is to buy a bag without seeing it in person and ships bags for me to feel and try on and is happy to take any returns so perhaps your SA could help you that way maybe??

If you mean soft as in squishy then yes! I do think the leather is very durable although part of me feels like the grained leather one would me more because there is just more texture to the leather on that bag (it really feels like a super low maintenance bag!!). But my SA did reassure me that it is a very durable bag! And it feels dressier... My Dior SA understands how difficult it is to buy a bag without seeing it in person and ships bags for me to feel and try on and is happy to take any returns so perhaps your SA could help you that way maybe??

That’s great to hear! I will ask my SA if she has the limited edition in stock, but first I’ll wait until I get the mini (hopefully will get by Thursday). my SA told me it would be no problem to return or exchange if the mini is too small. I also have 2 other bags in mind in case this one doesn’t work out . Such tough decisions to make lol [emoji5]

That’s great to hear! I will ask my SA if she has the limited edition in stock, but first I’ll wait until I get the mini (hopefully will get by Thursday). my SA told me it would be no problem to return or exchange if the mini is too small. I also have 2 other bags in mind in case this one doesn’t work out . Such tough decisions to make lol [emoji5]
Oh my gosh...just received this beauty yesterday and couldn't wait to use her....First time today and I am SO in love with this bag. It is GORGEOUS. I didn't think I would like this strap, but this is exactly what makes this bag so gorgeous. I am so glad I decided to try this one. I first had the supple in indigo sent to me and I really liked it, but wasn't in love with it. I can't say for sure exactly....But when I laid my eyes on this and held it, it was love at first sight. So functional and so beautiful....the quality is so amazing.....IMG_0373.jpeg

Oh my gosh...just received this beauty yesterday and couldn't wait to use her....First time today and I am SO in love with this bag. It is GORGEOUS. I didn't think I would like this strap, but this is exactly what makes this bag so gorgeous. I am so glad I decided to try this one. I first had the supple in indigo sent to me and I really liked it, but wasn't in love with it. I can't say for sure exactly....But when I laid my eyes on this and held it, it was love at first sight. So functional and so beautiful....the quality is so amazing.....View attachment 4167664

Looks beautiful congrats! And the strap looks super cool! Is the leather on this bag very shiny? Also The indigo bag that you had what size was it?

Oh my gosh...just received this beauty yesterday and couldn't wait to use her....First time today and I am SO in love with this bag. It is GORGEOUS. I didn't think I would like this strap, but this is exactly what makes this bag so gorgeous. I am so glad I decided to try this one. I first had the supple in indigo sent to me and I really liked it, but wasn't in love with it. I can't say for sure exactly....But when I laid my eyes on this and held it, it was love at first sight. So functional and so beautiful....the quality is so amazing.....View attachment 4167664
Bag twins! I think I need that strap to save my life!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin: