A Happy and Sad Birthday Reveal

So DH took the day off yesterday. We went to the nursery and bought a plant.
We buried him in the backyard between our two pear trees. This is his favorite place to lie down and take naps because the pear trees provide a lot of shade. Above the spot, we planted the tree we bought as a memorial to him. It’s a Camellia Tree. It is an evergreen so it will always have its leaves—even during winter when everything else is bare. The tree is to protect him and watch over him. It is the first to flower every Spring with its pretty pink blossoms that coincidentally look like Rose Pourpre.
It is called Camellia April Kiss. Our last kiss to him. :sad: :sad: :sad:

View attachment 4139387
(Picture from google) Our tree doesn’t have blooms yet but will flower next Spring.

I am very sorry for your loss.

Of course no amount of H or diamonds can make up for the death of a loved one, your sadness and grief is absolutely normal in the circumstances, you must also be in a state of shock at the suddenness of such a change in your lives.

It was the loveliest thing to rest him under a 'RP' colour camellia plant. The colour will surely take on an even deeper meaning for you, wear them in good health and cherish happy times past and also those that are still to come.

:hugs:

Then he popped back in and presented me with a jewelry box and said, “I got this for you.”

What?! But but he doesn’t do that. We’ve been together since we were teenagers (high school sweethearts) and he’s never done this before except maybe once in the first year we were dating. And that was a very long time ago!

I seriously had a Julia Roberts moment where I was afraid he’d pretend to snap the box closed on me when I put my fingers on it!

I was so shocked, I just stared at him blankly. Like, who are you dude?! :lol:

Remember how I said I got bitten by the Rose Pourpre bug?

Well, normally, I don’t like to double up on the same color family, let alone the same color but Rose Pourpre is just too amazing! So when my SA told me earlier this year that she had this bag, I took it too! I promised hubby that I wouldn’t open it until my birthday and surprisingly, I managed to delay satisfaction and successfully waited!

So after some long agonizing months, this is my first Garden Party! I told DH that I can use her when I want to be more low key and not use her big sis, the B30.

Here is my Rose Pourpre leather Garden Party 30. She is so simple and sweet!

I tell DH that the difference between the two is like the beauty of a pink Rose versus a the beauty of a pink Tulip. Both are gorgeous in their own way. He just nodded and dozed off like he normally does when I babble on and on about H bags. :lol:

View attachment 4139367
Congrats on your new GP and 140. Love RP :smile:

Who can say no to twillys! @MotoChiq and I are having "Twillys Don't Count!" tattooed on our persons. You in? Anyone else? ;)
:angel::angel::angel:

Reactions: SugarHazard
Then he popped back in and presented me with a jewelry box and said, “I got this for you.”

What?! But but he doesn’t do that. We’ve been together since we were teenagers (high school sweethearts) and he’s never done this before except maybe once in the first year we were dating. And that was a very long time ago!

I seriously had a Julia Roberts moment where I was afraid he’d pretend to snap the box closed on me when I put my fingers on it!

I was so shocked, I just stared at him blankly. Like, who are you dude?! :lol:

That's usually when I have to ask "What did you do? Or didn't do?" :lol::lol:

Reactions: SugarHazard
Wow Sugar! This thread just keeps getting better and better!

tenor.gif

So he took it out and put it around my neck! Just like in the movies! It was a surreal moment. I was so touched!

Hubby did a good job! I don’t normally buy heart jewelry for myself but it is so sweet that he got it for me! I mean I love hearts so it makes sense that I would love it!

And he said he has always wanted me to have a heart pendant so I will always have his heart with me. He said he has been looking for the perfect one for all these years and only recently found this. He said he just fell in love with it because the three bigger diamonds in the middle reminds him of our three kids. The inner line of diamonds symbolizes me and the outer line of diamonds symbolizes him protecting all of us. Oh my goodness!

He laughed and said that the thing that cinched the deal was the “Hidden Mickey”! Do you see it?

We go to Disneyland a lot because I practically grew up there (as a child, my family would go 3-5 times a year because it was my grandfather’s favorite place in the world). I had my first date with a boy there and my first kiss on the Peter Pan ride. Then as a teenager, my friends and I all got jobs there. My high school even had Grad Night there! When we were first married, DH and I would meet up after work there for a few hours just to walk around and enjoy the park. I found out I was pregnant with my son on the Mad Hatter Teacups Ride (after it stopped spinning, I was so nauseous that I wanted to vomit so I immediately knew that I must be pregnant! When we got home, I took a pregnancy test and it turned out to be positive)!

So that place is full of memories. And of course all the “Hidden Mickeys”! The shape with the bigger circle and the smaller circles above to represent The outline of Mickey’s head that is everywhere throughout Disneyland.

Anyway, sorry for the long Disney aside there. Hehe.

I started tearing up. I told him I don’t want to ever take it off, because how can I when he says things like that?!

Then of course, I took it off to take these pictures! Lol. But it’s okay, I put it back on.

049C24E2-C6B5-4919-B16F-94339EF6BEF6.jpeg
CE780E9F-2224-4583-91FB-A11306CA10CD.jpeg

So this has been fun to share with all my TPF friends but there’s another part to this story...

I initially wasn’t going to do a reveal thread at all but I’ve been so depressed today, that I started playing with my purses and realized that I hadn’t even opened up my birthday gift (the RP Garden Party). I had promised that I would wait until my birthday and it’s actually been a few days after my birthday already. I was about to but something sad happened yesterday.

Yesterday morning, when my husband went downstairs, he found one of our puppies (the pups sleep downstairs at night) asleep outside his crate area which is unusual for him.

They like to sleep together inside their crate where they feel safe. He got closer and saw our little one, Cocoa Bean lying on his side—a position he doesn’t normally use while sleeping. When Hubby went to pick him up, he didn’t move.

It turns out, Cocoa Bean died in his sleep the night before.

I’m starting to cry again as I write this. :sad:

Hubby ran upstairs to tell me and we all freaked out. We were in shock!

But he was fine the day before!!! He played with us and our other puppy like he normally does!

His area was clean! He didn’t vomit so it can’t be due to something poisonous that he got into. There was no blood anywhere so nothing bit him or murdered him or anything awful like that!

He just looked like he was asleep!