Do You Have a Chanel Handbag in the Back of Your Closet Never Being Carried? If So, What & Why?

Oh I have a GST but I will never ever sell it! Not since Chanel has discontinued its production! I used it every single day for two years before it was discontinued and it still held its shape. Ever since I learned they stopped making it, I stored mine away!

What a workhorse bag, you've inspired me to take it out to use it more [emoji4]

My white GST. But I am going to use it. I wanted to bring it with me when I travel but it didn't fit in my carryon. I just checked it this time. I wish I had a black one, too.

I've travelled with my GST before and I placed it in a large longchamp LP

Reactions: Trobi002
My boy bag. I like it but after getting the rectangular mini it seems so heavy/bulky in comparison. Debated on selling but I think I will hold onto it and see if I fall back in love with it later.

Unfortunately, I have several that I love but just don't get to use often (if at all) now that I have gone over to the H orange side:

Black w/GHW Lambskin Bubble Quilt Bowler
Red w/PHW Quilted Lambskin In & Out Flap
Grey w/PHW Calfskin Reissue Camera Bag (Large)
Black and Grey w/PHW Glazed Calfskin and Lambskin Quilted Portobello Tote
Green Boucle Tweed Easy Reissue Messenger Flap w/Ruthenium HW

Last edited:
Gosh, I’m so eating crow joining this thread because I’m a huge proponent of never having bags sit in the closet - use it or sell (gift) it. :doh:

I have two Chanels that aren’t getting use. The first was my HG - 10c red caviar single flap jumbo. It’s such a pretty color and I adore SF’s. But, I just can’t love the caviar. Maybe other seasons have softer caviar??? So I bought a lamb DF in essential the same color from a later season to replace. However...I still haven’t gotten around to selling the 10c. I hate the idea of getting scammed so I’ve been dragging my feet to list it. So it sits looking brand new in my closet. :facepalm:

The other is my black patent sf jumbo. This is another material error. I’m not a patent girl. So even though it’s gorgeous, it doesn’t get worn. I haven’t sold it for the same reasons I haven’t sold the red. Fear of getting scammed.

Ugh! I need to be a big girl and just list them. Someone else can enjoy them and I can buy different bags I’ll love.

I have a beige Claire jumbo two face flap. She's beautiful, and the two face makes a unique look. I don't carry this bag because of the fear of something happening, which is not a good reason. I enjoy my darker beige jumbo size Diana flap, because of the darker shade, but she could be damaged just as easily due being beige.

I have a BNIB 18C red caviar Jumbo Classic Double Flap. She's gorgeous but she doesn't make my heart sing like the red from 10C. I looked for a red 10C for over a year and couldn't find one...so I "settled" for the 18C red when it was released. I need to sell her because she will just continue to sit in her dust bag on my shelf. I shiver at the possibility of getting scammed if I try to sell her though.

I have a BNIB 18C red caviar Jumbo Classic Double Flap. She's gorgeous but she doesn't make my heart sing like the red from 10C. I looked for a red 10C for over a year and couldn't find one...so I "settled" for the 18C red when it was released. I need to sell her because she will just continue to sit in her dust bag on my shelf. I shiver at the possibility of getting scammed if I try to sell her though.

Scammed, how? I've read this as a concern a few times.
ETA: I've given the above question some thought,. Although I've sold bags, including Chanel, it wasn't ebay, where I think both sellers and buyers can be taken. I've never been bothered with a selling exprience. I've purchased from different sites and only had two disapointments, both on ebay. I was very green and learned from both. Neither were Chanel.

Last edited:
Gosh, I’m so eating crow joining this thread because I’m a huge proponent of never having bags sit in the closet - use it or sell (gift) it. :doh:

I have two Chanels that aren’t getting use. The first was my HG - 10c red caviar single flap jumbo. It’s such a pretty color and I adore SF’s. But, I just can’t love the caviar. Maybe other seasons have softer caviar??? So I bought a lamb DF in essential the same color from a later season to replace. However...I still haven’t gotten around to selling the 10c. I hate the idea of getting scammed so I’ve been dragging my feet to list it. So it sits looking brand new in my closet. :facepalm:

The other is my black patent sf jumbo. This is another material error. I’m not a patent girl. So even though it’s gorgeous, it doesn’t get worn. I haven’t sold it for the same reasons I haven’t sold the red. Fear of getting scammed.

Ugh! I need to be a big girl and just list them. Someone else can enjoy them and I can buy different bags I’ll love.
Lealu: meet Sparkle: :lol:

Sparkle you should keep count and let us know how many inquiries you receive about your 10c as a result of this post :giggle:

Omg, I have quite a few, most with tags still attached! And I don’t know whether I should keep them or sell them [emoji23][emoji30][emoji849]. I tend to use my black bags...
View attachment 4083633View attachment 4083634
View attachment 4083635
View attachment 4083636
View attachment 4083637View attachment 4083638
View attachment 4083639View attachment 4083640
View attachment 4083641
View attachment 4083642

You have an incredibly beautiful collection of bags. The colors are gorgeous!

Reactions: expatwife
Omg, I have quite a few, most with tags still attached! And I don’t know whether I should keep them or sell them [emoji23][emoji30][emoji849]. I tend to use my black bags...
View attachment 4083633View attachment 4083634
View attachment 4083635
View attachment 4083636
View attachment 4083637View attachment 4083638
View attachment 4083639View attachment 4083640
View attachment 4083641
View attachment 4083642

You're like me...I only use my black and navy Chanels. The colorful ones ended up sold or returned :sad: The bright colors look so beautiful in store that I convince myself I must have them, but I always end up back with my darkest shades!

Reactions: traumamama