< The Roseau Thread >

Joining in! So excited!
I’m not sure what kind of leather it is. Can you tell?

View attachment 4013586

It’s the biggest size, I think.

There are scratches on the front and the back.

View attachment 4013587

Any suggestions how I could remove or make the scratches less noticeable?

Do I use Blackrock on the whole bag, maybe? I use that on the corner of my Cuir pieces. I would really appreciate any insights you guys can share.

And it came with this cloth.

View attachment 4013588

What is it for?

I got a really good deal on it. So I bought it. It was marked down, because of the slight scratches. I am not terribly upset about them (somehow with brown leather, I’m more forgiving). But if I could treat the bag somehow, I would.

Thank you!

It looks like the bigger version of mine in Brown. I posted a pic of mine on Page 2.

That cloth is great. Try rubbing the scratches with the cloth using a circular motion. The scratches should blend in. Do not use Blackrocks. I have seen LC's conditioner on it and it worked great but that is pricy.

It looks like the bigger version of mine in Brown. I posted a pic of mine on Page 2.

That cloth is great. Try rubbing the scratches with the cloth using a circular motion. The scratches should blend in. Do not use Blackrocks. I have seen LC's conditioner on it and it worked great but that is pricy.

Thanks, Seton!

I tend to gravitate toward black and red bags, which is what I have most in my collection. But this color is so lovely!

I hope you’ve been enjoying yours.

Reactions: seton
Beautiful Roseaus! Thanks to both of you for posting them. :flowers::flowers:

Thanks, Cosmo!
I fell in love with this line, because of this thread. Before that, I didn’t pay much attention to it, even though, I thought it looked lovely.

It was such a find. After the additional discount the manager gave me for the scratches, the total came to $255 and some change, before tax. I’m elated! Especially knowing that it normally retails for over $1,000.

Thanks, Cosmo!
I fell in love with this line, because of this thread. Before that, I didn’t pay much attention to it, even though, I thought it looked lovely.

It was such a find. After the additional discount the manager gave me for the scratches, the total came to $255 and some change, before tax. I’m elated! Especially knowing that it normally retails for over $1,000.

Wow great deal! Always happy to enable lol. :graucho:

Reactions: BlackGrayRed
Thanks, Cosmo!

An excellent score! :biggrin: Well done again!

Reactions: BlackGrayRed
I've seen instagram posts the past few days from two French retailers suggesting there's a new metallic Roseau coming out... "Roseau Metal".... gold, rose gold. One of the hashtags is #ah18 meaning these may be for the fall 2018 line.

Photo quality is not great so it's hard to judge what they look like. I know that 80s/90s nostalgia is big right now, but personally I'm not sure I'm ready for a return to metallic bags.

a.png

b.png

c.png