Peg Perego Stroller, anyone?

TammyD

Rising Star
O.G.
Feb 26, 2006
I hope this is the right place to ask. We're shopping for our soon-to-arrive little one, and right now looking for a good stroller. Doesn't have to last forever, but must be sturdy, safe and lightweight. Would a Peg Perego fit the bill?

Depends on the type of model you're looking for

I'm a big fan of Peg Perego and Maclaren strollers. My mom has a Peg Perego and we have a Maclaren.

Are you looking for an umbrella stroller or more of a pram style?

I used a Peg Perego for my first child. Stroller has held up great, however, the Peg Perego Infant Carrier that I used with it to make a Travel System didn't last as long and ended up being too narrow for my very petite little girl. We still use the Peg Perego Stroller from time to time although we use the Baby Jogger we bought more. I did find the Peg Perego pretty easy to fold (once I got the hang of it), and lighweight. It wasn't the easiest to manuver, however.

I have 2 Peg Peregos and my favorite one is the Pliko Lite hands down. Easy to fold, lightweight, big canopy for shade for my baby, nice storage underneath and it folds up compactly. It is not that heavy either.

I had a Maclaren XL or something like that for my daughter when she was old enough to sit up, one of those travel type strollers that fold up easily. It was a great stroller, and used it for about 3 years daily, it was very maneuverable when shopping and holding my other child's hand. I'm tall, so it had those telescoping handles..I didn't have them on my 1st child's stroller, and my back was hurting all the time...so having a stroller that fits your height is important.

I loved my jogger too, but I see so many strollers that have come out in the last couple of years that are so cool looking!

I have the Peg Perego Twin aria and while it may not apply here, I have found that the more weight you put in it (i.e. as your child grows) it becomes increasingly hard to maneauver and the cupholder sucked. Cupholders are important to me..lol :smile:

While they were little it was excellent. Overall it is a quality stroller though....

I kept going back to my Graco duoglider. I also just got the Joovy Caboose and LOVE it!

oh and btw....congrats on your soon to have little one!

I have a Mclaren stroller which I love. I think I've been using it for about 4 years now. It's still in great shape, it's lightweight and very easy to manuver. I actually looked at the stroller Burberry has and it's a McLaren also.

Forgot to add that I also have a Maclaren *yes I own too many strollers..LOL* and they are great for quick trips, but my one complaint about them is that they were are a bit tippy. If you want to keep your stroller for when your baby gets older into the squirmy toddler-not-wanting-to-stay-seated stage, then I would look for a stroller that was not so tippy. just my humble two cents. Congrats on the impending arrival of your baby!!

Thanks everyone!
The Peg Perego we're looking at is lightweight and reclines in 4 levels, so the baby can lie flat. I don't know ANYTHING about strollers.

Another stupid question - how to you clean your stroller, if it's going to last for years? I don't think this one has detachable pads/covering.

Hee hee - I have four children and have been "collecting" Peg Peregos since 1996! I have the old Perego Roma, then it was the Perego Double Stroller and I have my fab Perego Pliko which is my favorite because it looks like a little race car. I love my Peregos and would never consider another. I like the whole line anyway - my high chair was Peg Perego as well!

Thanks everyone!
The Peg Perego we're looking at is lightweight and reclines in 4 levels, so the baby can lie flat. I don't know ANYTHING about strollers.

Another stupid question - how to you clean your stroller, if it's going to last for years? I don't think this one has detachable pads/covering.

For the one I have, you can remove the cover of the seating and I believe you can also remove the canopy, so that you can wash it. I would assume that yours would have the same, because if not - your stroller would be looking pretty grungy pretty fast!

Sounds like you're going to buy a basic buggy/stroller. Nothing fancy like a pram or travel system. Did you go try it out in the store? We did that while shopping for Julia's pram...We went and tried EVERY pram that we saw. Rolled it around, tested it to see how quickly it folded down, pushed it to see how it would topple over, and tried to see if each would fit in my Golf and in Bart's BMW.

Not sure how much it would be to ship, but I have a Peg Perego Venezia (2006 I think?) that I do not use anymore at all. It is a tad too heavy for what I need now that my son is older. If you are interested in it, I could try to figure out how to ship it!