what to do if my multicolor white speedy turns color??????

Thank God I found this thread the other day!!

My MC speedy has some yellowish stains on the pocket area, too. I didn't even realized this until I took it out last week and I was quite upset to find it stained. I stored it in its dustbag and haven't used it for quite sometime.

Today I went to an LV store and told them that it's a known defect and that I'd like them to change it for free. And they actually said yes! They said it'll take about 4-8 weeks for them to repair it for me.

I wouldn't even think about doing that if I didn't find this thread!

Thank you!!!

you should bring the bag to the store & discuss with the manager. for sure something can be work out. Good luck! :biggrin:

Thanks, I dropped it off at my local store (boca) and they sent it out so I'll wait and see what they have to say. Hopefully I'll have as much luck as Bagaholics^ in repairing it.

Hi guys,

I just want to let you all know about the outcome of my claim. I apologize in advance for the long post.

First I took my speedy in for repair, and it was free of charge. They changed the pocket for me but I wasn't happy with it because it wasn't the same color combination as the original bag. So I told them that I won't take it and that I wanted the same color combo as my original pocket.

As I was waiting for their answer I re-read this thread again and just realized that "bbbochap [OP]" was from Singapore [where I currently live]. I didn't think that LV singapore would do a 1-for-1 exchange because their customer service here is quite bad. I was ecstatic enough when they agreed to change the pocket free of charge.

After I found out that the OP had hers exchanged, I thought to myself that I should get the same treatment from LV. Afterall, there should be a consistency in their customer service no matter what.

I called LV singapore hotline right away and told them about all this and that I know for a fact that there are people in this city had theirs exchanged because of this problem. And after 5 days finally they agreed to give me a 1-for-1 exchange. Although, they still insisted that they don't usually do this for everyone, they usually do this on case-by-case basis. Which I think is utterly ridiculous! They should treat all their customers the same way!

Anywho, I just want to let you all know that you should be able to have yours exchange. You just have to have all your facts straight before talking to them and be persistent and confident of your knowledge on this matter.

Good luck!

Hi everyone,

Sorry to post on an old thread but I've only just found it 'cause I noticed my 2003 mini HL has the glue discoloration problem... :thinking:
As it's discontinued shall I ask LV for a credit note? Did anyone manage to get a credit for this one?
Probably have to sweet talk the manager :jrs:

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

OMG, that is AMAZING!!!!! :dothewave: Congrats, I am so happy for you!! You are so lucky and I hope you'll get a beautiful new speedy with a nice colour combo. 3 hours one way is still totally worth it for a brand new speedy! :wlae: Please keep us updated on how it went ;)
Louis store giving you a new bag? That is unheard of! What did you have to do to make that happen? Wow! Good for you! Please leave any tips on how you got them to give you a new bag. I had a similar problem and they DID NOT offer replacing my speedy. They fixed it 3 times! The third time they did not charge me at least. I also had to drive 2 hours to the nearest boutique as my state N.H. does not have any Louis boutiques. :sad:

Uh oh. I just bought a multicolor speedy white on ebay. I haven't even got it yet. I know its at least from 2006. I hope mine doesn't turn yellow. I use baby wipes on my monogram Louis bags that I have and they really do clean them nicely. I follow up by using armorall wipes. Makes the bag nice and shiney, but not to shiney. i DO NOT do the patina, just the canvas. I wonder if using baby wipes on the multicolor would work? I noticed that the logos on the multicolor Louis's fade and lose some what of there color after time and sometimes look almost cracked? But the monogram logos never fade or looked faded or cracked? Anyone know why this is?

Hi! I also have the same problem with my multicolore speedy30. However, i dont have the receipt anymore.. Do u think LV will still replace mine? Thanks!!

They should have the purchase in their system so you can look it up at the store. It's a known issue with the white MC that the glue they used to use turns yellow. Some of the SA's will say they haven't heard about that issue before... so if that happens, make sure you talk to the leather goods manager.

Reactions: kuhoang
Thanks for the reply. Problem is, i bought mine from an online seller. So i guess i cant do anythinv about it anymore since the online seller doesnt even have the original receipt, so we'll never know the history of the bag =(

Thanks for the reply. Problem is, i bought mine from an online seller. So i guess i cant do anythinv about it anymore since the online seller doesnt even have the original receipt, so we'll never know the history of the bag =(
Louis Vuitton should still be able to fix it without a receipt, correct? I thought you just had to pay for the repairs?

Reactions: kuhoang
You should contact LV's 866 # and tell the rep how you know this was a defect and how some customers on this forum who have had their bag over 2 years did indeed get a free exchange and how your bag was not only sent in for a repair but that YOU WERE CHARGED FOR THE REPAIR as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There should be consistency no matter who the customer is or how "well they get along with their SA" if its done for one customer it should be done for another! I would not let this slide if it were me!

Ive had horrible experience with the Scottsdale store. I drive the longer distance to get great customer service at Saks Biltmore.