Do you think wearing silk scarves make a woman look older?

I would say yes only because I was in my 30's when I started to wear them. But, maybe not older but a more mature look may be what I think someone looks like when wearing them that is younger.

Agreed. It does make you look more mature. I wore scarves sometimes as teenager and got a comment from a "friend" that I dont dress my age and well, it is true :cool:

I think the way you wear the scarf also makes a difference. You can casually wrap it around and still look young. The prints also make a difference. I've come to avoid certain prints which I know will make me look older. But yes... I agree that scarves in general makes one look more matured..... so a conscientious effort has to be put in to achieve a younger look.

Yes, I find silk scarves difficult to wear, Im in early 30. Prefer Cashmere/Wool/Cotton blend to feel sophisticated but not too mature.
Me too! Late 30s here. I can wear a longer soft knit scarf. I have a silk oblong scarf, and it has been hard to wear. I am glad I got it on clearance - it is not my look for sure!

Reactions: miss argile
I'm 45 and every time I try to wear a scarf, I look like a six-year-old playing dress-up! I just can't seem to pull off the look, which is sad because my husband thinks scarves are so chic. Every time we go to Europe, he comments on how nice the ladies there look with their scarves effortlessly tied around their elegant necks. Sigh. Maybe it's more about confidence and attitude than age.

I'm 45 and every time I try to wear a scarf, I look like a six-year-old playing dress-up! I just can't seem to pull off the look, which is sad because my husband thinks scarves are so chic. Every time we go to Europe, he comments on how nice the ladies there look with their scarves effortlessly tied around their elegant necks. Sigh. Maybe it's more about confidence and attitude than age.

I think the difference is the knot. If you can make a cool looking knot (I can't) you can achieve sleek and sophisticated.
My knots always look like they were tied by a kindergartner with ADD. Just can't do it.

I used to cringe at this girl who wasn't even 20 and wore hermes scarves wrapped around her head. My dad gifted me my first bright pink hermes scarf and a scarf ring when I was 27 and I re gifted it because I hated it.

Then I turned 34 and got my first scarf and repurchased the same scarf ring and never looked back.

I can't believe I used to think that girl looked weird. It really depends on color and design. And how you wear it! There are so many ways to wear a silk scarf without looking like a grandma.