Borough Bag Clubhouse!!

I received all three of colors today. They all are the 2017 versions. Compared them to my originals. The creed patch is different, the lining is different, and the hang tag is different. They are in perfect condition but I think Coach should have mentioned that these are remakes. I probably would not have ordered them since I was looking for the originals. They are going back tomorrow! I very disappointed with this sale. The three rogues I ordered all had something wrong with them and now this. I've been a fan of Coach for a long time but wondering if it's time for me to move on?
I agree on the remakes and they should advertise as such. If enough go back - maybe they will learn. I bought my original at the outlet for less - and well worth it.

I am sorry there were issues with the Rogues. Sorry if I missed your post but what was wrong?

The leather is slightly stiffer but I'm guessing that it will soften over time. The lining is more cotton than satin. They look identical to the originals. I have a lot of boroughs so I realized as I was unboxing them that some thing was different about them. If you want a borough the are still a beautiful bag. My main issue is that I wanted to fill in my collection with original boroughs and am disappointed that these are remakes.
I agree on the remakes. I told the SAs when I returned my 2017 yesterday I felt the leather wasn't the same but if I didn't know the original maybe I would have kept it.

Reactions: coachprincess1
The pebbled Borough will soften at the corners. My chambray softened and got a worn in look quite quickly. It still stood up with no problem, but it got those creases you are seeing on the oxblood. It got to a point where it was so soft I could almost fold it lenghtwise using the bottom frame.
I felt the way you do about oxblood about the camel I received. The leather seemed softer - and IMO lighter. I did return my camel from 2017 today.

Even on the older version - the corners will eventually slouch some. The Borough is not as structured as the Brooklyn that is out now.

Good luck with deciding on what to do. It makes it more difficult when some of these are only online.

Yes, the leather with the oxblood definitely felt "softer" than the other two....It's definitely not a bad thing, I just felt that the difference was very noticeable when handling the camel and black boroughs.

And than you for the info about the creasing. I'm not entirely surprised it happens over time with use, but I think I'd feel more comfortable with a brand new bag not having those creases. I'm going to wait a few days to decide if I should order another one. Or I may just end up buying a totally different bag. This sale is so dangerous. :smile:

Reactions: MariaLovesCoach
I agree on the remakes and they should advertise as such. If enough go back - maybe they will learn. I bought my original at the outlet for less - and well worth it.

I am sorry there were issues with the Rogues. Sorry if I missed your post but what was wrong?
The Rogue 36 looked like it had been used and then returned to store. Paint scraped off the feet and staining in the interior. The rogue satchels had scratches and stains on the leather exterior.

Sorry - I too was pretty disappointed. Mine was returned yesterday.

Thanks! :flowers:

I agree that if I'd known it was a "remake" I wouldn't have bought it.

Also, that is also deceptive advertising...this iteration of the Borough bag was never offered for sale for $598...it's a remake that never retailed for that price...this is the same thing to me as outlet pricing...I'm sure their footing is that it's the same style # but it's not the same...very disappointed in Coach_. :no:

More confused than ever !!! Mini small reg medium large Xl and tote?
Hi. Are you confused about what size to get? Most like the regular size the best although I personally liked the small the best. (Similar to how I liked the swagger 27 more than the regular swagger). I have since parted ways with all four of mine because I realized (too late) that structured satchels aren't for me.

Reactions: elvisfan4life
Thanks! :flowers:

I agree that if I'd known it was a "remake" I wouldn't have bought it.

Also, that is also deceptive advertising...this iteration of the Borough bag was never offered for sale for $598...it's a remake that never retailed for that price...this is the same thing to me as outlet pricing...I'm sure their footing is that it's the same style # but it's not the same...very disappointed in Coach_. :no:
That's exactly how I feel. That they are trying to essentially pass this borough off as an original retail bag. They used the original advertising, pictures, and reviews to make people think they were getting that bag. But it's not that bag because things were changed on it.

Hey all, I am new to the club but have been reading post and reviews for a while. I am glad to be a part of this group of Borough lovers. I too was a bit disappointed with the Camel Borough. I purchased a beautiful black nappa leather Borough last year when Coach had their annual summer sale but returned it for another handbag. I later saw pictures of the bag and was so mad at myself for returning as I realized that it was just my kind of handbag. Classic and timeless. So you can image how excited I was when I found out that the Borough was making a come back. I purchased the black pebble leather and I liked it for the most part. I then purchased the Camel colored bag, I have to say, I was not impressed, the leather felt fake and it smelled like it had been fumigated with a pesticide. I am in the transportation business, so chances are, the ocean container in which it traveled in was probably fumigated. I think because of the color, the leather looks inferior. I have been contemplating for the past few days on whether or not to return it.. Last night, I rubbed some Coach leather conditioner on the bag and it seemed to have come to life. I may keep it.

Reactions: greysdulce
I appreciate all the picture posts and feedback on the quality of the recent FOS purchases. I totally wanted the camel and am still on the fence. I'm wondering if applying conditioning as MariaLovesCoach mentioned would make enough of a difference......still pondering....