My Very First Speedy

vampy13

Jun 7, 2017
I am getting ready to buy my Very First Speedy. But I am, not sure if I want DE or MONO. I am getting the Speedy 35 size.
Recently, I was watching the Cruise 2018 fashion show...AND I really love the theme! So should I wait and get a seasonal Speedy?
What do you think? MONO or DE or seasonal?

That's all a very personal decision, I would just do my research and look at pics....then make a choice that was best for me. Good luck!

Consider your lifestyle. Does it rain a lot where you live? If so, you may not want to baby the Monogram because of the vachetta. Do you want a carefree, year-round bag? If so, then DE may be the print for you. Seasonal is personal preference. Good luck deciding - how exciting! I would also encourage you - if you are close to a boutique - to go in and try the 35 on.

Consider your lifestyle. Does it rain a lot where you live? If so, you may not want to baby the Monogram because of the vachetta. Do you want a carefree, year-round bag? If so, then DE may be the print for you. Seasonal is personal preference. Good luck deciding - how exciting! I would also encourage you - if you are close to a boutique - to go in and try the 35 on.
I'm not much help, I couldn't decide so bought them both in one store visit. I agree that DE is perfect in ANY kind of weather and pretty stain proof. I had greasy dressing dribbled on my DE and no stains whatsoever. Happy bag shopping!!

It took me a while to get my first Speedy. Now that I have her, I want another print! I initially came to the store planning to get the 35, but when I tried it on, it seemed too big for me. I ended up with Speedy B 30 in DE. I love it! It carries so much, and it's so versatile. I have kids, so the strap comes in handy - I could be handsfree. I'd like the Mono next, but I might get bandeau to wrap the handles. :smile:

Reactions: YunaMH
It took me a while to get my first Speedy. Now that I have her, I want another print! I initially came to the store planning to get the 35, but when I tried it on, it seemed too big for me. I ended up with Speedy B 30 in DE. I love it! It carries so much, and it's so versatile. I have kids, so the strap comes in handy - I could be handsfree. I'd like the Mono next, but I might get bandeau to wrap the handles. :smile:
Check out the new kamonogram bandeau in pink glitter (fuschia). I only bought one but now thinking I should have gotten two for my mono speedy handles.

Congratulations! So excited for you to enter the Speedy universe! I personally prefer the DE since I live in Canada where there is snow for about half the year and I didn't want to worry about getting a snow flake or a rain drop on the Vachetta with the Mono print. I also love the way DE is more of a subtle LV print. It was also the first canvas print that Louis Vuitton designs so I like the historic aspect of it as well! I hope you love whatever you end up choosing!

Reactions: germanshepard
I just joined the Speedy club too! I never thought I would purchase one but I am so glad I did. But I didnt get a DE or Mono just because I have those prints with other bags and I wanted to get my very first leather. I got the Empriente leather in Noir and I love it. I think you should go to the store and try out the speedys to see what fits you best. Good luck deciding! :smile:

Thank you all for your suggestions. :smile: I am going to wait and see if there are any Cruise 2018 Speedies I fall in love with, I love the mask prints in the fashion show. When is the Cruise line released?
Any thoughts on buying seasonal Speedy? Should I stay with something classic like DE print or even a leather Speedy? :-s

This is such a huge decision and I want to find a Speedy I love and carry ALL the time! :heart:

Go with what you like and enjoy it when you get it. I had a Pochette Metis in mono print then feel for it in Infrarouge, so I got it and love it more then the classic.

Good luck!

I have the mono 30 and the DE 35. I use the DE more because of the durability of the treated leather vs the vachetta. It's my rain bag and the bag I use when I travel. Because it's hand held the straps on the vachetta will get soiled faster than a shoulder bag. Just something to consider. I love them both.