Authenticate This LOUIS VUITTON - Read 1st Post BEFORE POSTING!

Addy

The Odd Mod
Authenticator
O.G.
Apr 19, 2006
The Moderators for this thread are Lee and Addy. Please do NOT PM them to request an authentication. Please post in this thread.

NOTE: The PurseForum requests that only members with an extensive knowledge of the brand and authenticating who have over 500 posts participate as authenticators in this AT thread. The moderators reserve the right to remove authentications that do not meet these requirements.

READ THESE RULES BEFORE POSTING A REQUEST

This is a free service. Our authenticators are volunteers providing their opinions, and who desire to keep counterfeiters and dishonest sellers from profiting from their trade, and to help buyers find authentic items. Authenticators are not required to answer all posts and, for various reasons, some may not be answered.

It is the preference of the authenticators on this thread not to give authentication to members who buy and resell bags. It is also the preference of the authenticators to give authentication to members who post in a range of threads, not just requesting free authentication for designer items. If your request is not answered here, for whatever reasons, professional authentication services are available outside of PF.

1. Do a SEARCH and check if the item has been reviewed by one of the senior authenticators before posting a request. Searches can be done via the seller name or by auction/listing number - add * to the beginning and end of the number (eg. *12345678*).

2. You MUST use the format below when requesting for authentication for auctions or non-auctions:

Format to use for an auction item:

Item Name:
Item Number:
Seller ID:
Link: (please make sure link works after you post) Don't post mobile web link.

Format to use for items from sites of professional seller:

Item Name (if you know it):
Link: (please make sure link works after you post)
Photos: (attach using the paperclip at the top of the message box or upload to photobucket.com and post the links)

We will not authenticate for those who post photos only and cannot provide link to online auction/sale.

3. All requests must have clear photos (either in listing and/or provided by member requesting the authentication). This will help expedite authentications. Please ask the seller/use the macro setting on your digi (little flower). If you cannot see the details yourself, neither can we.

At minimum, pics MUST include:
- all exterior
- interior
- LV heat stamp
- date code
- engraving on hardware (ie. zipper pull, lock, rivet, pushlock, screws, etc)

If the listing or your request does not have the required pics, it will NOT be reviewed. That means if you have not received a response, please check your original posting to ensure all information and pics are present.

Check out this thread! If you're using Photobucket, don't post mobile photobucket links, pics are too small, post links.

Authenticators are not required to answer every request, and it is their right to ignore a request that is not in the proper format.

4. Do NOT make more than 3 requests per post.

5. Please wait at least 24 hours before bumping your request. Search by seller or item # to ensure that it has not been reviewed (see rule 1). If the auction is ending soon, you may say so in your comments. Remember, we are just like you, and get on tPF when we have time so please be patient.

6. To ensure that additional pics requested are seen by the authenticators, quote or provide a link to your original request and response. Use the quote feature or copy and paste the url. Failure to do do may result in your query not being answered. Please utilize the quote feature when responding directly to another post.

7. Comments on price and/or condition are NOT permitted. So please do not ask us for an opinion.

8. Do NOT PM an authenticator or moderator to request authentication. Any and all such requests must be posted in this thread.

9. Should one of your items be questioned in this thread, you are welcome to provide additional pictures or materials supporting its authenticity.

10. Do NOT handle your disputes with other members in this thread. Take your differences to Private Message or just use the REPORT function ( button) to alert the mods, and let them handle it from there. In the meantime, just ignore the poster until a Mod can intervene. Failure to do so can result in banning. Always be respectful when you post and treat others as you expect to be treated. This is an open thread and everyone is welcome to participate.

Disclaimer
All Authenticate This threads on tPF are meant to provide assistance to shoppers who are uncertain about the legitimacy and authenticity of designer goods. The evaluations posted by tPF's members are only opinions that stem from personal experiences as shoppers and collectors. They are not legally binding or professional authentications and are not to be treated as such.

For questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact the forum administration via the contact form.

Last edited:
Hi again, can you please help me authenticate this speedy handbag. I was hoping to give it to my mom for mother's day. Thanks in advance and i will greatly appreciate your expertise.
Item Name: Louis Vuitton speedy25 in monogram
Item Number: n/a
Seller ID: n/a
Link: https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/bnc/clo/6080034658.html
Hi again, i was just wondering if you have seen my inquiries. Mom has been eyeing my preloved speedy which i also bought after seeking your opinion. I thouht this would be a lovely gift for mother's day. Your expertise will be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

Please use Correct Format when posting a request please. Requests Not in required Format will be Skipped! Thank you!

Missing: post id: 6080034658

Missing required pics, pictures need to be taken UP Close Straight on Without Flash/Glare. :ty:

close up straight on heat stamp Made in? on end tab (sideways with glare?)
close up handle patch rivets (blurry & too far away?)
full pic inner patch pocket stitching
text side padlock

Sorry, but still missing: Close up outer side rivets engraving & close up heat stamp on shoulder strap & heat stamp on luggage tag. :ty:

I promise that I'm usually better at following directions! lol Thank you for your patience and for offering your expertise :biggrin: :heart:

Exterior rivets.. it's really overcast today, I may have to try to get a better shot of these tomorrow.
0 exterior rivet2.jpg0 exterior rivet2.jpg0 exterior rivet.jpg
Shoulder strap heatstamp

0 shoulder strap.jpg

Luggage tag

0 luggage tag close up.jpg 0 luggage tag.jpg

Please use Correct Format when posting a request please. Requests Not in required Format will be Skipped! Thank you!

Missing required pics, pictures need to be taken UP Close Straight on Without Flash/Glare. :ty:

text side padlock
Did my post not meet requirements? #15895

text side padlock
I'm sorry. I'll take note of how to post an iquiry properly. I will request additional pictures and will post them once I get them. Have a good weekend! :smile:

Hi mods, I recently bought a Petit Noe on eBay, but now I'm worried that I may have made a mistake because the date code is AR9001. I was so excited to see one in such great shape that I did not confirm the date code prior to checking out. I've looked at the date code rules thread and the code on the bag does not make sense at all, but everything else on the bag looks good to me. Could the bag still be authentic?

Item Name: LV Petit Noe
Item Number: 262956584466
Seller ID: happyrn
Link: Original eBay listing

I promise that I'm usually better at following directions! lol Thank you for your patience and for offering your expertise :biggrin: :heart:

Exterior rivets.. it's really overcast today, I may have to try to get a better shot of these tomorrow.
View attachment 3697841View attachment 3697841View attachment 3697842
Shoulder strap heatstamp

View attachment 3697843

Luggage tag

View attachment 3697844 View attachment 3697845

With regards about your Q with DC? This DC is a valid one, it just happens to fall right on the cusp of the 80's to 90's changeover. I have seen this many times before. Made in January 1990. I hope this helps.

No red flags.

Hopefully these are better? I am not able to capture the full date code with my phone camera, but i think you can see the first three numbers, the last number is 1. Thanks!

Hi,

I have reposted all the pics together, hopefully these are clearer - I can't get the full date code, only the first three numbers, but the last number is a 1. The link to the sale is in my original post which I quoted.

Thanks so much!

Attachments

• IMG_8083.JPG
    IMG_8083.JPG
    282.6 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_8086.JPG
    IMG_8086.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_8087.JPG
    IMG_8087.JPG
    197.2 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_8088.JPG
    IMG_8088.JPG
    247.1 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_8092.JPG
    IMG_8092.JPG
    250.3 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_8096.JPG
    IMG_8096.JPG
    169 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_8097.JPG
    IMG_8097.JPG
    209.1 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_8098.JPG
    IMG_8098.JPG
    218.6 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_8099.JPG
    IMG_8099.JPG
    232.5 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_8100.JPG
    IMG_8100.JPG
    187.3 KB · Views: 144
Hi,

I have reposted all the pics together, hopefully these are clearer - I can't get the full date code, only the first three numbers, but the last number is a 1. The link to the sale is in my original post which I quoted.

Thanks so much!

Attachments

• IMG_8102.JPG
    IMG_8102.JPG
    265.6 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_8116.JPG
    IMG_8116.JPG
    162.1 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_8121.PNG
    IMG_8121.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 132
  • IMG_8122.PNG
    IMG_8122.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 136
The Moderators for this thread are Lee and Addy. Please do NOT PM them to request an authentication. Please post in this thread.

NOTE: The PurseForum requests that only members with an extensive knowledge of the brand and authenticating who have over 500 posts participate as authenticators in this AT thread. The moderators reserve the right to remove authentications that do not meet these requirements.

READ THESE RULES BEFORE POSTING A REQUEST

This is a free service. Our authenticators are volunteers providing their opinions, and who desire to keep counterfeiters and dishonest sellers from profiting from their trade, and to help buyers find authentic items. Authenticators are not required to answer all posts and, for various reasons, some may not be answered.

It is the preference of the authenticators on this thread not to give authentication to members who buy and resell bags. It is also the preference of the authenticators to give authentication to members who post in a range of threads, not just requesting free authentication for designer items. If your request is not answered here, for whatever reasons, professional authentication services are available outside of PF.

1. Do a SEARCH and check if the item has been reviewed by one of the senior authenticators before posting a request. Searches can be done via the seller name or by auction/listing number - add * to the beginning and end of the number (eg. *12345678*).

2. You MUST use the format below when requesting for authentication for auctions or non-auctions:

Format to use for an auction item:

Item Name:
Item Number:
Seller ID:
Link: (please make sure link works after you post) Don't post mobile web link.

Format to use for items from sites of professional seller:

Item Name (if you know it):
Link: (please make sure link works after you post)
Photos: (attach using the paperclip at the top of the message box or upload to photobucket.com and post the links)

We will not authenticate for those who post photos only and cannot provide link to online auction/sale.

3. All requests must have clear photos (either in listing and/or provided by member requesting the authentication). This will help expedite authentications. Please ask the seller/use the macro setting on your digi (little flower). If you cannot see the details yourself, neither can we.

At minimum, pics MUST include:
- all exterior
- interior
- LV heat stamp
- date code
- engraving on hardware (ie. zipper pull, lock, rivet, pushlock, screws, etc)

If the listing or your request does not have the required pics, it will NOT be reviewed. That means if you have not received a response, please check your original posting to ensure all information and pics are present.

Check out this thread! If you're using Photobucket, don't post mobile photobucket links, pics are too small, post links.

Authenticators are not required to answer every request, and it is their right to ignore a request that is not in the proper format.

4. Do NOT make more than 3 requests per post.

5. Please wait at least 24 hours before bumping your request. Search by seller or item # to ensure that it has not been reviewed (see rule 1). If the auction is ending soon, you may say so in your comments. Remember, we are just like you, and get on tPF when we have time so please be patient.

6. To ensure that additional pics requested are seen by the authenticators, quote or provide a link to your original request and response. Use the quote feature or copy and paste the url. Failure to do do may result in your query not being answered. Please utilize the quote feature when responding directly to another post.

7. Comments on price and/or condition are NOT permitted. So please do not ask us for an opinion.

8. Do NOT PM an authenticator or moderator to request authentication. Any and all such requests must be posted in this thread.

9. Should one of your items be questioned in this thread, you are welcome to provide additional pictures or materials supporting its authenticity.

10. Do NOT handle your disputes with other members in this thread. Take your differences to Private Message or just use the REPORT function ( button) to alert the mods, and let them handle it from there. In the meantime, just ignore the poster until a Mod can intervene. Failure to do so can result in banning. Always be respectful when you post and treat others as you expect to be treated. This is an open thread and everyone is welcome to participate.

Disclaimer
All Authenticate This threads on tPF are meant to provide assistance to shoppers who are uncertain about the legitimacy and authenticity of designer goods. The evaluations posted by tPF's members are only opinions that stem from personal experiences as shoppers and collectors. They are not legally binding or professional authentications and are not to be treated as such.

For questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact the forum administration via the contact form.

Hi There, I'm New at visiting A forum.
I have A request. Can you authenticate A bag I bought recently. Its the speedy B 30 in damier ebenne. The seller told me everything is real iT looks so I have receipt but My Gut says something else.
The code is 41367
I would appreciate the help.
I have the Sellers link but its Not woeling anymore. What I do have is her id but with something else she is selling.

https://www.marktplaats.nl/a/kledin...c1254e7aa85845826d5acd&previousPage=mympBuyer

Attachments

• IMG_4470.JPG
    IMG_4470.JPG
    341.4 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_4472.JPG
    IMG_4472.JPG
    242.4 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_4473.JPG
    IMG_4473.JPG
    335.5 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_4474.JPG
    IMG_4474.JPG
    187.5 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_4475.JPG
    IMG_4475.JPG
    295.3 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_4477.JPG
    IMG_4477.JPG
    199.9 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_4479.JPG
    IMG_4479.JPG
    160.8 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_4481.JPG
    IMG_4481.JPG
    206.2 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_4482.JPG
    IMG_4482.JPG
    199.5 KB · Views: 136
I personally only authenticate items for Members who are active and participate on the Forum. ALL your posts are requests for Free Authentications only. Please participate on the Forum if you wish further assistance on this thread. Thank you! :smile:

I'm so sorry! Will try to be more active on here. I am 6 hours from the nearest LV store and really want to try to gift this pouchette to my mom for Mother's Day tomorrow. This is very last minute but I figured the forum has always been great and so very helpful so I wanted to give it a shot and see if someone could help authenticate. Didn't want to give it to my mom if it's fake.

Hello can you please help to authenticate this shine shawl? The Made in stamp is in a different location on the tag than the Denim shawl i bought from LV store. So i am a bit concerned . Also note i already "won" the item by best offer but i have not paid.
Name: Louis Vuitton Capucine Shine Shawl
Seller: Luana
Item: 106330
Website: https://www.hardlyeverwornit.com/item/106330/louis-vuitton-capucine-shawl-scarf

Can someone tell me if this is Authentic
Lv Scuba GM

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1494744070934.jpg
    FB_IMG_1494744070934.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 115
  • FB_IMG_1494744102204.jpg
    FB_IMG_1494744102204.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 121
  • FB_IMG_1494744078582.jpg
    FB_IMG_1494744078582.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 123
  • FB_IMG_1494744095966.jpg
    FB_IMG_1494744095966.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 130
  • FB_IMG_1494744083540.jpg
    FB_IMG_1494744083540.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 135
  • FB_IMG_1494744088404.jpg
    FB_IMG_1494744088404.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 134
  • FB_IMG_1494744064362.jpg
    FB_IMG_1494744064362.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 128
Hi! Can you please help me authenticate this white multicolor Pochette I bought from EBay please? I would highly appreciate your service. In advance.. Thank you!!!
My main concern from this bag is that both sides of this Pochette are identical (same color LVs and everything else). Is that possible? I emailed the seller and told her that all the bags I've seen online have two different sides.. but she just told me I had a good eye and that the is suppose to be like that.
Thanks!!!
Item name: Louis Vuitton White Multicolor Pochette
Item number: 262943951812
http://m.ebay.com/itm/Auth-Louis-Vu...ette-Clutch-/262943951812?txnId=2003713822016
Seller ID: mem1212
Date code: CA1013/made in Spain

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 109
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 105
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 107