Style Melania Style Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the thing - I'll admit I really didn't know much about Melania's fashion sense before her husband ran for president. I have been avidly watching her since election night, and I have to say, I am not impressed. She's very boring fashion-wise. Same hair (with notable exception of inauguration and loved her updo), same heavy makeup, almost always wearing a solid color, and 9 time out of 10 it's red, black or white. Same shoes almost all the time - super high pointy pumps, with odd exception of pointy flats (which don't look good on her IMO). Wear wedges, or kitten heels, or sandals, or open toes, or slingbacks, open toed slingbacks, d'orsey pumps ... something different for god's sake. She doesn't really accessorize, or I guess she does, but not in an interesting way. How about a necklace, or brooch, or something?

I am sure there's going to be a ton of people who will respond "I love boring! I love simple! I love wearing the same pair of shoes in different colors!" For fashion watchers like me, not so much fun.

Melania makes me appreciate the Duchess of Cambridge more.

I don't see them blurry which ones ?
really? does that have something to do with my resolution?
the last two:
Melania takes Barron and Tiffany ***** bowling this week but pictures not that great can't really see what outfit she is wearing
Credits Dailymail
all of them:
At Mar a Lago greeting Chinese President today credits Whitehouse wardrobe
these:
Dress has been identified as Herve Pierre

I like the white dress, but the pink look is not very flattering. She needs to accessorize more... jewelry, belts, brooches, etc. She doesn't take as many fashion risks as I was hoping for. She probably doesn't want to be too tacky with jewelry, but an occasional long and/or statement necklace would be nice. Both of the looks from last week needed a necklace or at least a bracelet.

Reactions: anitalilac
I think her best look by far was on inauguration day....I would love to see her hair like that more often...
I agree. I loved that outfit and I'm hoping to see copies of it in the stores. I'd wear it in a heartbeat, albeit in a different colour. It's a really elegant look with the sheath dress and cropped 3/4 sleeve jacket. I would love it in any shade of purple or maybe a darker shade of blue. If anyone sees a $500-ish version, post it here!
Most of Melania's outfit choices have been pretty good, but I agree with the others - I'm tired of seeing her in the 120mm heels. I'd like to see her branch out with her shoe game.

Status
Not open for further replies.