What scarves are you wearing rite now?

Being new to the forum I don't want people to think I'm pretentious as the what I'm about to say may sound awful. For years I wore nothing but cashmere (or silk) scarves because growing up with very little when I could afford cashmere I thought "why wear anything else?"

I slowly began to reintroduce other materials (Marino, lambswool etc) into my scarf rota and started to wear other scarves old and new ones. I bought new scarf from Zara last week and although it's only acrylic it's revived so many compliments a young women even stopped to ask me wear I bought it. Thus I've been wearing it as it has great autumnal colours but it suits winter as well; It goes great with what I'm wearing at the moment. It's not on their website, I don't normally shop at Zara (I was with a friend) so I don't know if this is normal practice for the chain.

Regards,

A.

Hi Ahab :useless:

Please show us :smile:

Sarti

308ejk4.jpg

I have several Hermes squares. The quality of the work in unmatched. I have felt other scarves from other brands but Hermes really is the best I have seen so far. That doesn't prevent me from also wearing some very un-glamorous heavy duty winter scarves when necessary! I like the regular double knot, with 1 part in front and 1 part across my shoulder, floating in my back. I also use the necktie knot a lot (single knot, put other end through): it looks nice on a button-down for work. Sometimes when it is really cold, I tie it like a cowboy's scarf. It looks nice because you can see more of the pattern!

Reactions: the_black_tie_diyer
Great thread especially since I'm looking for a few more scarves. I'm partial to Burberry but want to try to save a little $. I learned about Johnston of Elgin from PF. I am wondering if anyone has any reviews or advice regarding this company or should there be another that I should investigate.

I am looking for cashmere. I may als want matching gloves.