Rectangle Mini Flap Club!

I vote for square! I bought a square mini in lambskin last summer, I don't think the quality is bad, and it doesn't feel any worse or better than the M/L I bought in the same color/leather/hardware (yes, exact bag, diff size).

As against older minis, possibly yes, i wouldn't know. But, there have lots of discussions on TPF of decreasing quality across all lines, not just minis.

Thanks for your input! I went to the Neiman Marcus at the Stanford shopping center today and a very nice SA showed me two patent rectangle minis, one in teal blue and one in light yellow. It looks quite obvious to me that the two sides for the yellow mini already run over the flap. I mean the width of the flap is less than the distance between the two sides. And the yellow mini is brand new, not a display. So I guess the quality does go down. I asked for caviar and also the square mini. She told me the square mini is hard to find now and so does the caviar..

I'm thinking of getting one in Europe... UK seems to have more minis in stock. Is that true?

I agree with you on this! I love the difference the square mini has compared to the other classic flaps.

I always thought I liked rectangular. Now that I had both, I definitely prefer the square shape more, I think it's more stylish and unique

I love my square more than my rectangle!

classic square mini :yes:

Square! I feel like rectangle is trying to be regular size flap.

Thanks to all of you! I hope I would be lucky enough to get a square mini soon!

Thanks for your input! I went to the Neiman Marcus at the Stanford shopping center today and a very nice SA showed me two patent rectangle minis, one in teal blue and one in light yellow. It looks quite obvious to me that the two sides for the yellow mini already run over the flap. I mean the width of the flap is less than the distance between the two sides. And the yellow mini is brand new, not a display. So I guess the quality does go down. I asked for caviar and also the square mini. She told me the square mini is hard to find now and so does the caviar..

I'm thinking of getting one in Europe... UK seems to have more minis in stock. Is that true?

Lol, funny you should say that. I got my mini in the UK, and have seen other colors there so I think that's correct. Good luck!

Hi Ladies,

I'm in the market for a new mini bag and have my eyes on a mini Chanel (the rectangular version). I haven't been able to see one in person yet as I don't live very close to a boutique.

From my research, the pictures for these bag make it seems like the sides tend to stick out. Do you know if this is common? Does it happen with age, or right away? Is it more common with lambskin vs. caviar? Any advice would be very helpful and truly appreciated.

Thank you!

I guess it all depends on how you use the bag. If you stuff the bag enough, the side won't stick out, say you put a box exactly the size of the bag inside the bag, then there's no way the bag will lose shape. But personally I feel as long as you don't over stuff it, it will look nicer as time passes by. I do think well used Chanel looks better than brand new one.

I think it is quite common, more so with the softer leathers and age.

I have one in the iridescent caviar and the sides do stick out, but I quite like the look of it.

If I remember correctly it actually came like that when I bought from the store!

Hello ladies!

I would like to know your preference between those two small bags.
As I have watched some youtube videos I understand that those two bags take about the same stuff.
As of shape, which one do you prefer? The Mini Square or the Mini Rectangular?
Your advice is always appreciated.

TIA:hbeat:

I always preferred the mini rectangular but when I went and tried both on, I ended up buying the mini square. I just felt it suited me better. I think you have to try both on and see which one captures you.

mini square is more cute, mini rectangular is more classic look wise IMO. both great casual options. i personally find the rectangular more flexible but got the sqare also because i want to have a cute square bag for sundresses. if you like/want a more traditional length on where the bag hits your hips (and you're about 5'6+ in height, mini rectangular would likely fit better than square.

I think they are both lovely. But I prefer the rectangular shape probably because it looks more like the classic flaps. When I saw the square in person, I admired it but I'm not in love with the shape. It did not do anything for me. Even though the chain length on the square fits me better, I still waited and got the rectangular.

Both are beautiful bags, but if have to choose, I'd prefer the square mini.
It has been around for decades, is the "original" mini and also more classic, IMO.
I like structured bags and find that the sides of the rectangular mini have little structure compared to the square one. Also, I love that the shape of the square mini is different than that of the other classics. I already have a range of classic flaps and reissues in my collection, and like a variety of shapes within the classic line.
The only thing I wish is that the square mini has a longer chain.

In order of preference:
Square mini
Rectangular mini 4 grommets
Rectangular mini 2 grommets