**CLOSED** Authenticate This CHANEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I found a new Chanel boy in gold hardware. It sounded too good to be true from bonanza. The measurement is 11x7x3in. The material is Lamb skin. Serial number is 20323974. IThe seller did not include the authenticity card. I already asked for a picture of the card and receipt and still waiting for reply back. The seller claimed the bad is in preowned condition. The dustbag is a bit different from what I have seen. Bottom is the link that the seller provide for pictures. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/92ienbceo76yy1a/AACy6X1D7CzUQFO7Vv5nmGtoa?dl0 Please help me thank you
Please read my signature link for reasons why your post may have been skipped.

Hello

Please can you authenticate? I have purchased this bag, but don't have a good camera. Bag is identical in real life to the photos

Item Name (if you know it): Vintage Chanel 2.55 Chevron Flap
SERIAL NUMBER: 1950775
Link (if available):https://www.garo-luxury.com/product...lassic-shoulder-bag-1990s?variant=20756116743
Seller: Garo Luxury
Who took the pictures: Garo Luxury
History of the bag: Preloved said to be from 1990's
Comments: Although there is some of the serial number missing, I found a crumpled piece in the bag which matches the first 2 digits.
I have purchased this bag, but don't have a good camera. Bag is identical in real life to the photos

Thanks in advance :smile:

Last edited:
The bag in the pictures is authentic.
Thanks Roku.

I saw the quilt stitching line on the front flap and body don't line up, I'm not sure if it is because of the angel of the pic.
I saw another bag on Trendlee web, it looked fake to me. Can you tell me if this one below is authentic or not?

Chanel Black Caviar Jumpo Single Flap

Item Number: 6709/02

Hologram sticker reads: 17714557
Seller: Trendlee
Link: https://www.trendlee.com/collection...-single-flap-quilted-caviar-jumbo666649435506

An expert would need to take the watch apart and also verify the authentic ETA movement.
Dear Roku, Thanks so much for the advice. Can I ask if you don't mind, one more advice. I saw some other preowned J12 watches -- When i buy one then should i bring it to the watch store to open and check it? is there watches stores that you might can recommend to me? Thanks again!

Hello,
Good day!
I’m very new here and my apologies if my post is wrong and/or needed to be correct. I would like request to have this authenticate.
Also, if possible can someone show sample of Chanel receipt from 3121 Las Vegas Blvd. South Las Vegas (LV Encore).
The box has no stickers, but she has the receipts. Here’s some pictures I received.

I really appreciate your help thank you

Item Name Coco Boy Patent Black A93413Y06830
Link (if available): Private Local Seller (Not available)
Seller: Private Local Seller
Who took the pictures: Seller
History of the bag: Purchased the bag in Las Vegas
Comments: I would like to have it authenticate and if receipt is correct. Since the Box has no stickers

00n0n_bn1N2BP0ovg_600x450.jpg IMG_3832[1].jpg 00n0n_bn1N2BP0ovg_600x450.jpg Screenshot_2016-07-07-15-54-17[1].jpg IMG_3832[1].jpg IMG_7874[1].jpg IMG_8348[1].jpg IMG_1048[1].jpg IMG_6153[1].jpg imagejpeg_0[1].jpg imagejpeg_1[1].jpg Link: Not applicable

Last edited:
Thanks Roku.

I saw the quilt stitching line on the front flap and body don't line up, I'm not sure if it is because of the angel of the pic.
I saw another bag on Trendlee web, it looked fake to me. Can you tell me if this one below is authentic or not?

Chanel Black Caviar Jumpo Single Flap

Item Number: 6709/02

Hologram sticker reads: 17714557
Seller: Trendlee
Link: https://www.trendlee.com/collection...-single-flap-quilted-caviar-jumbo666649435506
Trendlee is normally a reputable seller but there is a history with this serial number that I would avoid.

Would someone please let me know if this Timeless Clutch is authentic? I appreciate it!

https://www.yoogiscloset.com/catalog/product/view/id/69487/

Item Name (if you know it): Chanel timeless clutch in caviar, black with silver hardware
SERIAL NUMBER: 11647286
Link (if available): https://www.yoogiscloset.com/catalog/product/view/id/69487/
Seller: unknown
Who took the pictures: Yoogi's
History of the bag: Preloved said to be 2007
Comments: no authenication cards/paperwork. "The exterior leather is clean and beautiful throughout with light creasing. The leather has softened slightly and the hardware has light surface scratches. The interior leather is clean but shows some scuff marks. Overall the bag is in great condition."

Thank you in advance.

I usually use etinceler authentication service but since they no longer do series 15 and over, I need help from you guys! :smile:

It's my first time posting this, so hopefully I get this right.

It's rectangular mini patent (4 holes) black & here is the link:
http://m.ebay.com/itm/172254123882?NAV=HOME

Bag description: Chanel rectangular mini patent black (4 holes)
Seriel number: 15440020
Listing number: 172254123882
Seller: highlowfashion12345
Link:
http://m.ebay.com/itm/100-AUTHENTIC...-PATENT-BAG-/172254123882?txnId=1563757732007
Thank you so much in advance! Purse forum rocks! ;)

I usually use etinceler authentication service but since they no longer do series 15 and over, I need help from you guys! :smile:

It's my first time posting this, so hopefully I get this right.

It's rectangular mini patent (4 holes) black & here is the link:
http://m.ebay.com/itm/172254123882?NAV=HOME

Bag description: Chanel rectangular mini patent black (4 holes)
Seriel number: 15440020
Listing number: 172254123882
Seller: highlowfashion12345
Link:
http://m.ebay.com/itm/100-AUTHENTIC...-PATENT-BAG-/172254123882?txnId=1563757732007
Thank you so much in advance! Purse forum rocks! ;)

Reactions: Lovellie
Dear Roku, Thanks so much for the advice. Can I ask if you don't mind, one more advice. I saw some other preowned J12 watches -- When i buy one then should i bring it to the watch store to open and check it? is there watches stores that you might can recommend to me? Thanks again!
Any store that specializes in high end watches (Audemars Piguet, Franck Muller, Patek, etc) should be able to check it for you and make sure that the movement is legitimate ETA. For J12's (or any watch for that matter), you should also check to make sure the diamonds are OEM and not aftermarket. They can do that for you as well. A store that highly specializes in high-end pre-owned would be recommended, because it indicates they have a horologist on staff who can handle the intake of pre-owned (authentic) high end watches. A good horologist will also pressure test your watch, and also tell you if all the parts are intact with original parts (screws, etc), whether or not it has been serviced previously, whether that was serviced by Chanel or a third party, etc.

Alternatively you can take it into Chanel for servicing and they will do it for you without a receipt (or purchase date) as every watch needs servicing every few years. Chanel servicing is very inexpensive compared to other watches. However it may take longer than you prefer.

For the sake of maintaining the topic of this thread please do not respond to this post but PM me for any other questions.

Reactions: Gblb
I'm not responding to these posts in any kind of logical order (as I should be) so please be patient if your post has been skipped so far. I am popping in and out and responding to one or two throughout the day but in no logical order.
When I'm done going through, I'll post "Please read my signature link for reasons why your post may have been skipped." then you will know your post was skipped. thanks

Per Roku:

Reminder

The spirit of my volunteer time is to help prospective or very recent purchasers of pre-owned Chanel items with an informed opinion, for the sole purpose of helping them with their upcoming or recent purchase.

I will only authenticate Chanel handbags and small leather goods:
1) if the request has an online listing link
2) or, if there is no listing link available, the request includes photographs that have been taken by you and only you, the requestor.

Additional requirements as follows:

REQUEST FORMAT: See post #1 for request format. Many requests get skipped because format is not followed or serial number is not included (must be typed out, being attached in a photographed is not sufficient). Format is important so others can search for the same item before getting it authenticated

PHOTOS REQUIRED: If the bare minimum needed photos are not included, your request will be skipped. Before including a request with a listing link, please make sure the listing includes the required photos prior to posting. If it does not, please procure those pictures and attach them along with your request post. See Post #2 for photos required, but especially require photos of:

• Clear photo of front, back, interior shots of the bag,
  • a clear, up-front photo of the hologram sticker (if it exists on the bag) and
  • the CHANEL MADE IN FRANCE / CHANEL MADE IN ITALY / CHANEL MADE IN SPAIN stamps. (for some items including vintage items, the "Made In" stamp is located in a different location. Need both).
  • Hardware, back of zipper pull, back of turnlock plate photos are usually required. If it's a wallet or WOC, photo of the CHANEL PARIS on the button snap needed.
  • If the actual bag (the bag itself, not just the photos available) is missing the hologram sticker, or it is illegible please mention that. Detailed hardware photos become more imperative in these instances.
  • On the flip side, there is no need to re-attach the same photos that are already in the listing. It clogs up the thread. Please, please don't attach photos that are already viewable through the link.
  • If you do not have an online link and are just attaching photos, you must be the one taking the photos of the bag. Include a photo of the bag in front of your username displayed in the black menu bar of the TPF screen, to showcase you have the item in your possession. The backdrop must showcase you logged into TPF. Example here.
Other reasons why your request may have been skipped:

• I do not authenticate requests without an online listing link (active or ended), including social media posts from Instagram, Facebook, or photos procured from the seller. I will still authenticate something you have in your possession. Any photos without a link must be taken by the TPF requestor (see preceding bullet).
  • I don't authenticate clothes, clothing accessories, shoes, jewelry, watches, cell phone chains, etc., purses and SLGs only
  • I don’t authenticate photos of most 17 million series and higher reissue, classic flap, classic WOC, GST and boy bags, unless it is from a seller who I know and trust (which are very, very few).Recommended authentication services is at the bottom of this post, but most of them don’t do photos for these either, due to so many super fakes. Sometimes, I will be able to still tell you if it's a fake or superfake.
  • I already authenticated or commented on that particular listing. Please do a search. That’s why we make everyone else follow the format
  • You're not a new member, but it seems that you only use the forum for authentication and not dialogue. Please post more, engage more in the TPF community. If you're new, and an auth reason brought you here, welcome!
  • Something about the bag, the listing, or the seller makes me uneasy, even though everything seems OK on the listing or photos.
  • Posts need to be separated into one request per post.
  • Due to my limited capacity I will no longer be authenticating listings from Craigslist or Gumtree
  • I also currently do not authenticate items on Tradesy.com due to my disappointment in the business practices of the company, where they are fully aware of the tens of thousands of misleading listings posted of items that are not in the seller's possession but in a different country, or not available for sale but undisclosed, because it helps them with SEO, traffic and advertising. Authentication in a way potentially helps a sale take place, and I have no desire to assist in the company's profits at this time. Every public shared selling platform has issues with bad listings, stolen photos, etc., but this company not only shows no attempt to fix this issue, but rather partakes in this practice and endorses these sellers, which is why I have singled this site out from others.
Due to counterfeiter lurkers on this thread and others, we are not permitted to post about authenticity attributes or discuss why's or why not's on authenticity. Keep in mind the only proof of authenticity is the item itself, and the only indicator of authenticity is if the bag is made by Chanel. Every "rule" has an exception, so on and so forth. Those "how to tell if your Chanel is authentic" tutorials do more harm then good. It's like if a doctor did a tutorial on how to perform a heart transplant. Does more harm than good, and is more dangerous than if the person knew nothing at all.

Recommended online authentication services for a small fee:
Etinceler Authentications (etincelerauthentications.com) - based in United States
Authenticate4U (authenticate4u.com) - based in the UK

Also, please do not PM me for an authentication request unless I've invited you to do so... Please post it here on this thread.

this could be why

Reactions: Roku
gaw30 is a $50 off promo code for items over $300 it might still work
Would someone please let me know if this Timeless Clutch is authentic? I appreciate it!

https://www.yoogiscloset.com/catalog/product/view/id/69487/

Item Name (if you know it): Chanel timeless clutch in caviar, black with silver hardware
SERIAL NUMBER: 11647286
Link (if available): https://www.yoogiscloset.com/catalog/product/view/id/69487/
Seller: unknown
Who took the pictures: Yoogi's
History of the bag: Preloved said to be 2007
Comments: no authenication cards/paperwork. "The exterior leather is clean and beautiful throughout with light creasing. The leather has softened slightly and the hardware has light surface scratches. The interior leather is clean but shows some scuff marks. Overall the bag is in great condition."

Thank you in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.