Speedy 25 b, empreinte or canvas?

cerezah

Cerezah
May 23, 2014
So, I've started to save up for a new bag.. At first I was sure I wanted the speedy 25 empreinte in Aurore, it's such a beautiful bag!!! BUT I've seen some comments of it being really heavy.. So, I started to think about the alternative; speedy 25 bandouliere mon monogram or DE. Which one would you choose and why? Please share your experiences!

I have the emp speedy 25 infini. I love it, but it does get a little heavy, but not unbearable. And I honestly don't put much in it. However, I'd buy another one again tomorrow, but I don't want to spend another 3K right now:smile: With that being said, mon mono is fun and cute, but you have to love it. As for the speedy B DE, many have said the strap hurts their shoulder and many have said it doesn't. I think you should go and try on the empriente with your things inside and see how you feel about it. And also do this with the DE and walk around the store with your things inside it for a good 5 min's and see if it starts to hurt. Good luck deciding and have fun with it.

I had some glazing problems with my speedy emp 25 in aurore and it just came back from repair last week after being gone for two months.
I used it exclusively this spring and summer and I loved it - but I didn't realize how heavy it was until I got pochette metis.
Since, I learned to downsize and I only carry what I really need - I don't know if I can go back to carry emp speedy anymore. LOL
I have speedy b 30 in mono and that bag is huge compare to those little bags - and I used to carry NF gm size bags!!
Speedy emp is such a luxurious bag and leather is amazing. But I did have same problem with glazing on aurore curiser wallet and it also came back from repair few days ago. The wallet is empty but it is so much heavier than my new emilie wallet.
Canvas is good, durable and light!!! :smile:

Hmmm.. Thanks for the comments! The glazing issues with the emp speedy worry me now that I heard of it! I think it's such a beautiful bag and I think for the price you shouldn't have to worry about things like that :/
oh, and my current collection includes speedy 35 DE, large Noe mono, eva clutch DA, pochette NM mono.. So if i went with the mon mono speedy b 25, would it be stupid to have 3 mono bags? Or would it be weird to own two DE speedys that are just a little different?

I would go for leather. For me it's important how long the bag looks new and I wore my empreinte speedy nonstop for 8 months and it looked great. No scratches or any quality issues at all. It is heavier than canvas but then no worries about leather getting dirty or showing age, it holds up very well. DE is also good but if you already have DE bags, go for leather. I have not regretted any leather LVs but I did regret some DE choices where the leather parts cracked.

I think you would be better getting a mon monogram speedy then a DE. All your mono bags are different styles. If your getting mon monogram it will be different anyway.

I agree a bag that cost £1600/$3k should be complete worry free.

Oh I would get the Emp Speedy 25 in Aurore. Such a fabulous handbag and that color is TDF. I have 4 Emp Speedy 25's and I love each and every one. I don't think they're heavy at all and I fill them up almost every day. Hehe.

Have lots and lots of fun deciding! Can't wait to see what you get! :biggrin:

I would go for leather. For me it's important how long the bag looks new and I wore my empreinte speedy nonstop for 8 months and it looked great. No scratches or any quality issues at all. It is heavier than canvas but then no worries about leather getting dirty or showing age, it holds up very well. DE is also good but if you already have DE bags, go for leather. I have not regretted any leather LVs but I did regret some DE choices where the leather parts cracked.

Glad to hear yours has been holding up well! I do like the part where I could use the bag every day, in any weather, no vachetta to worry about and Aurore as a color should be quite worry free.

I'd go with the Mon Mono. I have a Mon Mono NF and love having a personalized piece, it's so special. I love the look of the Emp Speedy but due to issues some have had, we had to break up. It's too much money to spend on a bag to have cracking and glazing issues. Mine never had those issues but after reading what some experienced, I just wasn't comfortable using it anymore. The DE would be nice too but I'd go with the Mon Mono since you already have the 35 in DE. Good luck deciding.

Both bags you're considering are beautiful. I look forward to seeing what you pick. These two bags have a different look that's unique and special. I chose the Speedy Empreinte for myself, and I have no issues with this bag. If you want the Speedy Empreinte bag, I hope you're not scared away. I am glad people share their experiences with their purses, so we can learn from them. However, isolated negative experiences cannot represent all the purses made.

I have both but I'd choose empreinte over de everytime! Empreinte leather is so divine and available in so many pretty colours. An e.speedy is surely imho more eye catchimg than a de speedy. I haven't had any glazing issues but the real deal breaker for me is the hardware. Its beautiful, golden and shiny on the e.speedy, but dull and mismatched on the de speedy. Hipe thus help s and good luck deciding!

I was in this same exact dilemma a few days ago. I went with the speedy 25 de because the empreinte (though the loveliest thing ever) was a bit too heavy for my purpose. True, it's really TDF, but I went with the de being lightweight and worry free. I had a speedy 30 infini empreinte. The glazing started to melt, like the handles had small bite marks on them. It came back to me marked as "irrepairable" and they gave me store credit for it. It was a sad parting with such a pretty bag, but the issues bothered me. Especially the weight. HTH.

I have the speedy 25 empreinte in jaipur and I could't be happier. I wouldn't trade it for any other bag. It makes my heart melt every time I see it. I haven't had any glazing issues and the weight of it hasn't even crossed my mind. When I wear it, it makes me happier than any other bag I own. I do use the long strap often and wear it crossbody, so that takes the weight off if I'm out and about. I bought mine last year and haven't regretted the purchase for even a second. Good luck with your decision. :smile:

I'd go with the Mon Mono. I have a Mon Mono NF and love having a personalized piece, it's so special. I love the look of the Emp Speedy but due to issues some have had, we had to break up. It's too much money to spend on a bag to have cracking and glazing issues. Mine never had those issues but after reading what some experienced, I just wasn't comfortable using it anymore. The DE would be nice too but I'd go with the Mon Mono since you already have the 35 in DE. Good luck deciding.

I think I am now leaning towards mon mono vs empreinte... Don't think I want another DE speedy. Mon mono is so intriguing! If I were to get it, I would probably get something subtle like this.. either with or without the initials.

Attachments

• MOMV01-MMST31_MOMV02-MMCO16_MOMV03-MMCO03_MOMV04-MMDOY_MOMV05-MMICY_MOMV09-MMCO16_MOMV06-MMISS_M.png
    MOMV01-MMST31_MOMV02-MMCO16_MOMV03-MMCO03_MOMV04-MMDOY_MOMV05-MMICY_MOMV09-MMCO16_MOMV06-MMISS_M.png
    362.5 KB · Views: 1,424