Does Louis Vuitton quality justify it's price for you? Issues with all of my items..

Everything when it's magnified 100x will show flaws. Whether they are Chanel, Hermes or Coach bags. My face when it's magnified looks horrendous at 8x.

Seems like everybody on this board has problems when they looking at their bags with high def lens on a camera or magnifying glasses. Life isn't flawless. Look closely at everything and there are imperfections.

I tend to agree .. sometimes the expectation for perfection is just too high.

I totally get what the OP is saying...I'm fairly new to LV and noticed some of the same things. I don't expect perfection at all but at LV prices, I do expect superior quality (and customer service) but that just doesn't seem to be the case anymore. The quality HAS gone down from what it was 10 years ago yet the prices continue to climb every few months. I was cleaning out my closet and took a close look at my Dooney & Bourke bags and was shocked to see that the quality of those bags seemed substantially better than my LV bags, for a fraction of the price! I never babied my D&B bags and never once had an issue with the leather, the stitching or the quality in general. The fact that they haven't fixed the problem of the cracking leather on their iconic DE NF after all these years and after all the complaints/returns they've received is kind of disheartening, especially for those of us who truly love the LV prints and designs.

Everything when it's magnified 100x will show flaws. Whether they are Chanel, Hermes or Coach bags. My face when it's magnified looks horrendous at 8x.

Seems like everybody on this board has problems when they looking at their bags with high def lens on a camera or magnifying glasses. Life isn't flawless. Look closely at everything and there are imperfections.

LMAO, your line about your face REALLY made me laugh, hahahaa...I rarely use "LMAO" and mean it literally, but in this case, it was pretty literal.

I agree that if you look closely, you will find a flaw in anything.

I don't understand when some people say they've used a bag for 3-4 years and then they start having problems. I get that they spend a lot of money on it, but it's not made of indestructible material. If someone's bag or SLG lasts for a few years, and managed to look before coming apart a little bit at the seams, then it did it's job.. you enjoyed it for a few years.

But then with the OP, within a few months is obviously not acceptable and I don't think LV would just call it regular wear/tear, especially the strap cracking alongside all the stitches.. that's just not supposed to happen this soon.

Thanks to everyone for your interests and opinions. Here is an update. I went in to the store and only showed them the pochette rip on the strap. They gave me a new strap which was nice. I did not show them my never full straps as I told my boyfriend I was going to show them and he thougjt I should wait to see if the glazing cracks so I took his advice. Now I'm feeling like I should go back in but that is the situation right now.

Thanks to everyone for your interests and opinions. Here is an update. I went in to the store and only showed them the pochette rip on the strap. They gave me a new strap which was nice. I did not show them my never full straps as I told my boyfriend I was going to show them and he thougjt I should wait to see if the glazing cracks so I took his advice. Now I'm feeling like I should go back in but that is the situation right now.

Glad to hear that you got a new strap.
If the handles are going to bother you, you might as well bring it in asap. They'll ask when you first noticed it. It will look more like wear and tear if you bring it in a few months from now. It doesn't hurt to nicely ask.

the straps they will say its wear and tear unless its on the outside of your shoulders. Glad u got the strap replaced it would be ridiculous if they didnt.
i would bring the handles in now. better sooner than later when they can claim its definitely wear and tear. it will never hurt to ask and see what they say esp if this is going to bother u.

Hi I am about to purchase my first LV the Montaigne MM in Empriente Leather after reading these threads I find I am hesitant to drop $3,500 on a handbag that is not going to withstand time. Please let me know your opinion on my choice of handbag.

I had problem with 3 of my LV Items, and got all of them replaced.

-PDV Damier Graphit cracked on all cornesrs after 3-4 days.
-Multiple wallet Mono Macassar had dents on the canvas
-Shoulder strap on Keepall had loose seam.

There is absolutely no question that LV's quality has worsened over the years. My Damier Bastille messenger bag, purchased in 2006 and no longer in production, has worn like iron! The leather is completely intact. Now, when I spot a new Damier handbag on the street, I notice often that the leather is rippling and cracking. No need for a magnifying glass or a microscope to see this either! Unacceptable.

I had the same issue with my DE NF handles in about the same time frame (a little less). I sent it back to the store. Whilst they didn't replace it straight away and said it would happen eventually I pointed out it should definitely NOT happen in such a short time frame and with minimal use. They sent it off to be checked by the repair team and they ended up replacing the bag for me.. so do it sooner rather than later!

Wow. That strap looks bad. It's more than a cosmetic issue, you're looking at a durability problem further down the road as the leather and threads loose their integrity. Wear and use give our bags the classic LV character of having been well traveled, loved and used, but, first, the piece has to be so well constructed it can withstand 20 years of use. (Also, remembering, nothing lasts for ever, or is expected to. Planned obsolescence exists in every manufacturing company, including handbags, not just refrigerators or cars.)

I'm curious about where your NF DE was made.

I am aware this post is old, I just wanted to share my experience from yesterday with my zippy compact wallet that has had two months of use & always kept in the dust bag.

I own a few vintage items, and they have stood the test of time, but am already noticing quality issues with the new ones; and they have not even been used. I took my wallet into the store yesterday frustrated over the crap glaze job, and was told this is "totally normal & this wallet is in perfect condition" and that the glazing will go away over time and just to use it until its all the way gone (which then can crack the canvas & then they wont touch it for repairs) and then get it reglazed . The whole time I felt as though the SA just didn't want to repair the item (because it would be free bc it is so new)but said they would after some persuasion. After learning the reglazing process (removing all the stitches and then reglazing and then restiching) and how it may damage my item I decided to wait.

My question is why is it that my 30 year old vuittons have a better & more uniform glaze & higher quality canvas to this day than my 2 month old wallet? Loius Vuitton isn't what it used to be; plain and simple.