Medium Dorset Tote

AnnaFreud

Dec 28, 2013
Hi ladies, this is my first time posting to the Mulberry forum. This morning I just pulled the trigger and got my first Mulberry bag, the dorset tote, off net-a-porter. I made the purchase then read some of the reviews on here regarding the Dorset. I'm kinda sad about the negative reviews saying the leather was really thin and prone to scratches. Others were saying that the new version of the Dorset was better. Now I'm wondering if I bought a new version or the old version. Are there any tell tale signs? Thank you!

Hi ladies, this is my first time posting to the Mulberry forum. This morning I just pulled the trigger and got my first Mulberry bag, the dorset tote, off net-a-porter. I made the purchase then read some of the reviews on here regarding the Dorset. I'm kinda sad about the negative reviews saying the leather was really thin and prone to scratches. Others were saying that the new version of the Dorset was better. Now I'm wondering if I bought a new version or the old version. Are there any tell tale signs? Thank you!

Don't be sad. You will either love it or hate it. It is a marmite bag!! Hehe. The newer colours bluebell blue, queen green should have better leather but lots of ladies love their older style Dorset - Black Forest, forest fruits, oak etc.

I wasn't a fan as I wanted the leather to be thicker so I opted for a neverfull and MK jet set totes. I have my eye on the new tessie tote as I would love a simple black carry all that is less casual than my bays but holds more than my daria satchel.

The bluebell and queen green ones are new. If you bought the black or oak, I think they are new too, but am not an expert. To me the new ones look narrower and I have read they are more structured, more a rectangle than a sort of trapezoid if you will.

No matter which you got, so long as you are happy with it when it arrives, that is all that matters :smile:

I have the older style dorset and it is one of my favourite bags - they are so easy to use and lightweight - I have never had a problem with the handles - I will definitely be buying another one which tells me all I need to know about this style :yes:

Hope you love yours when it arrives

I'm sure you,will love it people on here have widely varying opinions but its how it makes you feel that matters at sale price this is a great but congrats...CB,s red one is delicious

Don't be sad. You will either love it or hate it. It is a marmite bag!! Hehe. The newer colours bluebell blue, queen green should have better leather but lots of ladies love their older style Dorset - Black Forest, forest fruits, oak etc.

I wasn't a fan as I wanted the leather to be thicker so I opted for a neverfull and MK jet set totes. I have my eye on the new tessie tote as I would love a simple black carry all that is less casual than my bays but holds more than my daria satchel.

I have a neverfull as well. I mostly use totes during the week for work. Wanted a black tote to offset the LV brown tones. Thanks for your reply!

The bluebell and queen green ones are new. If you bought the black or oak, I think they are new too, but am not an expert. To me the new ones look narrower and I have read they are more structured, more a rectangle than a sort of trapezoid if you will.

No matter which you got, so long as you are happy with it when it arrives, that is all that matters :smile:

I bought the black one. I hope I love it too! I haven't seen this bag IRL so I'm nervous. Thanks for your reply!

I have the older style dorset and it is one of my favourite bags - they are so easy to use and lightweight - I have never had a problem with the handles - I will definitely be buying another one which tells me all I need to know about this style :yes:

Hope you love yours when it arrives

Well Net-a-Porter still has several Dorsets in several colors on sale if you want that second one! 😁 thanks for your reply!