Difference in Caviar

I bought two black caviar woc, one with silver hardware and one with gold hardware at the same time. Both are made in Spain. However one has leather which is shinier and with puffier quilting and the other has leather which is duller and flatter. So even two of the same WOC styles with just different hardware color can vary in leather quality even if from same country of origin.

I'd agree. I've been looking around at black caviar WOC's recently and I'm not sure if it's a coincidence but the GHW seems to always have a matte finish with flatter quilts, while the silver has the shinier, puffier quilts.

I just purchased this does it look flat or puffy? I think it looks shiny :smile: not sure where it's made yet will post once I receive!

Def looks puffy! Congrats on your purchase :smile:

i bought two black caviar woc, one with silver hardware and one with gold hardware at the same time. Both are made in spain. However one has leather which is shinier and with puffier quilting and the other has leather which is duller and flatter. So even two of the same woc styles with just different hardware color can vary in leather quality even if from same country of origin.
^+1.

I'd agree. I've been looking around at black caviar WOC's recently and I'm not sure if it's a coincidence but the GHW seems to always have a matte finish with flatter quilts, while the silver has the shinier, puffier quilts.

Def looks puffy! Congrats on your purchase :smile:

This was exactly the case for me! the gold hardware WOC was the one with duller, less puffy quilting! Too bad I can't have a gold hardware black caviar WOC with the puffier quilting. Although I am lucky to even find a gold hardware one at all :smile:

This was exactly the case for me! the gold hardware WOC was the one with duller, less puffy quilting! Too bad I can't have a gold hardware black caviar WOC with the puffier quilting. Although I am lucky to even find a gold hardware one at all :smile:

Ooh maybe it is intentional? I struggled to decide - my local boutique had both silver and gold. Whilst I like the puffier quilts, I like the matte finish against the gold.

I guess at the end of the day it really just depends on personal preference!

I got my black quilted classic woc with GHW earlier this year and it was made in Italy and is very shiny, puffy, and substantial feeling. The caviar is almost identical to my older maxi caviar flap. I think it just varies with different batches in different countries.

The differences have nothing to do with "country" stamp in my opinion... just based on personal experience. Different lots/batches of the leathers show up everywhere, and different years even can appear varied, etc.. there is no way to predict. You just have to go see things in person and see what feels and looks better to you. :smile:

Hello Ladies,

I literally put myself on 15 different wait list for this bag because when I called my local NM in Palo Alto they said they had about 500 people on the wait list. Then I called Chanel in SF and they told me it's about a year wait list and they aren't taking anymore names. I thought I wasn't able to get one for a long time. I started my journey on Nov. 1st and got a call Nov. 20 and then started this week from Chanel in Hawaii, BG, and NM in MI. They are starting to get tons in.

I was really lucky that I was able to score 2 Wallet on chain's made from Italy and Spain brand new. To me the difference is the puffiness of the caviar. Hope that helps other buyers. Before my preference was France or Italy just for the fact I wanted from there but I didn't realize there is a difference between the quality

View attachment 2412811View attachment 2412812View attachment 2412816View attachment 2412817View attachment 2412818
Hi please help if you see another woc I'm on waitlist you said mami has tons in ?

I bought two black caviar woc, one with silver hardware and one with gold hardware at the same time. Both are made in Spain. However one has leather which is shinier and with puffier quilting and the other has leather which is duller and flatter. So even two of the same WOC styles with just different hardware color can vary in leather quality even if from same country of origin.

That's true! I got another one from Made in Spain and the leather not the same. One is puffier and shinier than the other. I have pictures below. Left one is puffier and bottom is puffier. Strange that thy puffier one has better shine to the leather.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1386021273.279804.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1386021288.679704.jpg

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1386021340.800217.jpg