*FOREVER 21* Modelling pics Thread

WARNING for online F21 shoppers! DO NOT USE ANY PROMO CODES for discounts on their website unless you know for sure that you won't return it or need a size exchange. Whatever you're sent is final sale. You can't even exchange a size on the same item.

I used to shop at Forever 21 a lot but I'm going to shop there a lot less after my most recent incident. I placed a big order online since they give refunds for online orders. You have to pay for return shipping but that's a much better option than the store credit only policy they have in stores. People who shop there a lot know that accessories and sale items are final sale so you take your chances.

I found a promo code for 15% off all regular priced items in your order and I used it. At no point during checkout did a message show up saying it'd be final sale. Lo and behold, when I got my order, I was surprised to see the words FINAL SALE printed next to every item on the invoice. I called customer service and she told me that promo codes make all your items a sale item, and that's why it's final sale. No size exchanges allowed. No exceptions. I called the stores around here and they wouldn't allow it either. Learn from my mistake ladies. Now I'm stuck with a bunch of clothes that I won't wear. Very sneaky of them not to even give fair warning.

WARNING for online F21 shoppers! DO NOT USE ANY PROMO CODES for discounts on their website unless you know for sure that you won't return it or need a size exchange. Whatever you're sent is final sale. You can't even exchange a size on the same item.

I used to shop at Forever 21 a lot but I'm going to shop there a lot less after my most recent incident. I placed a big order online since they give refunds for online orders. You have to pay for return shipping but that's a much better option than the store credit only policy they have in stores. People who shop there a lot know that accessories and sale items are final sale so you take your chances.

I found a promo code for 15% off all regular priced items in your order and I used it. At no point during checkout did a message show up saying it'd be final sale. Lo and behold, when I got my order, I was surprised to see the words FINAL SALE printed next to every item on the invoice. I called customer service and she told me that promo codes make all your items a sale item, and that's why it's final sale. No size exchanges allowed. No exceptions. I called the stores around here and they wouldn't allow it either. Learn from my mistake ladies. Now I'm stuck with a bunch of clothes that I won't wear. Very sneaky of them not to even give fair warning.

I'm not surprised. While I have found the occasional gems at f21, their business practices are very shady. I received a $21 courtesy GC from them due to long shipping delays. I was very surprised to receive it b/c I never complained. There was no expiration date so I figured that it didn't expire (like many GC). Well I went to use it the other day and found out it expired. I spoke to their customer service and stated that email didn't have an expiration date and instead of honoring it they said it was their mistake and there was nothing they could do about it. I'm still waiting to hear back from a "supervisor"

What a shame - and very sneaky!

Could you do a return without receipt for store credit? If the item has its tags on and are currently available, most stores do this.

This way maybe the whole FINAL SALE issue won't come up?

Could you do a return without receipt for store credit? If the item has its tags on and are currently available, most stores do this.

That is actually really horrible! Luckily (or unluckily?) for Canadians, there aren't too many promo codes, the only ones we get are like "Free shipping over $25+" we rarely get extra 15% or 21%.

Sometimes though, when I order from the sale section it doesn't state "final sale" beside the item. Hmm, that's weird.

One time I ordered something from the "daily deals" and I wasn't able to return or exchange that for a smaller size. So, ladies beware the daily deals as well!

Good luck on your return Archipelago!

Trust me. I used to work retail so I tried every excuse I could think of. I called 3 stores and they absolutely do not do returns or exchanges without a receipt, no exceptions. I was polite and tried to negotiate but they just won't budge. I spoke to the managers too.

One excuse I tried was that I received the item as a gift from a friend who did not include a gift receipt and I want to exchange for the same item in a different size. I said that it was a current item purchased within the last week, with the tag on and unworn. That did not work. They told me that I would have to bring the friend in and tell them the register where the transaction took place, exact date, time of purchase, and credit card and they could track down the receipt with that information. Truly ridiculous. They've got the stingiest return policy ever.

That is actually really horrible! Luckily (or unluckily?) for Canadians, there aren't too many promo codes, the only ones we get are like "Free shipping over $25+" we rarely get extra 15% or 21%.

Sometimes though, when I order from the sale section it doesn't state "final sale" beside the item. Hmm, that's weird.

One time I ordered something from the "daily deals" and I wasn't able to return or exchange that for a smaller size. So, ladies beware the daily deals as well!

Good luck on your return Archipelago!

I've given up already. Customer service on the phone was no help and the stores around here are just as strict. I'll just consider this an expensive lesson learned.

Watch out for the fine print on sale items. I don't see final sale printed next to sale items sometimes but they used to print that all over their sale section. I think they're just being sneaky about it nowadays. Here's the fine print on the return policy though. (Of course it's buried in the FAQ's section and not on the item description page):

FINAL SALES: All sales of Gift cards, e-gift certificates, cosmetics, jewelry and items marked as Sale are final. FINAL SALE items cannot be returned for exchange, credit, or refunds.

I wish they'd added a note that items brought with a promo code counts as sale. I tried arguing that nicely but it didn't fly. :nogood:

Racer black and white skinnies from XXI!

Attachments

• 2159004d1367092345-painting-the-town-red-nolias-cl-collection-thread-photogrid_1367091394912_mh0.jpg
    2159004d1367092345-painting-the-town-red-nolias-cl-collection-thread-photogrid_1367091394912_mh0.jpg
    404.3 KB · Views: 1,626
Super old photo of a dress I got from XXI. Psychedelic!!

Attachments

• 2030690d1358734891-painting-the-town-red-nolias-cl-collection-thread-dsc00698.jpg
    2030690d1358734891-painting-the-town-red-nolias-cl-collection-thread-dsc00698.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 1,614
How do their shoes hold up? I've been debating a pair of simple heels but I'm scared the heel will like snap off or something lol (I don't shop at F21 often so unsure of the quality)
I have quite a few pairs of forever 21 shoes...mostly flats and wedges. I have found the quality to be surprisingly good (much better than the clothes :smile:).